main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adi Gallia (MINOR Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Eeth_Koth_is_dead, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    Adi Gallia will not be in Episode III. Is there any books or comics that tells her story or what happens to her? I have not heard of any.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I think the only Clone Wars story she has appeared in was Republic 50, and then it didn't say what happened to her.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, sometimes, when an actress --even a minor one-- doesn't get as much money as she wants to continue playing a part, she "decides its time to move on"... usually to something that pays better. ;)

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The only reason Adi Gallia was seen in AOTC, was because they used TPM stock footage. The actress that played Adi Gallia in TPM, was never filmed during the making of AOTC, but rather they got a stand-in for the adi gallia parts.

Since the other actress didn't quite look like Adi Gallia, they renamed the character in those scenes "Stass Allie" and retconned that Adi Gallia up above Geonosis in the game, "Jedi Starfighter".

However I'm not sure if the credits, or the script point out the retcon, and may list the alternate actress as being "Adi Gallia"...

A similar thing happened with the actors that played Eeth Koth, Depa Billaba, and Saesee Tiin in TPM, with TPM stock footage and stand-ins replacing them in the newly filmed scenes.

However due to the fact that Saesee Tiin had a more alien face that hid the fact that a stand-in was playing the part, they did not retcon him into being another character.

The retconning of character names into a new character during the creation of the prequel films, stands in sharp contrast to the "false wedge" from ANH, that never got retconned into being another character other than the character the actor was standing-in for, even though the two actors that played wedge look nothing alike.

5. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    All I know is that when she dies, Pirate Leader Nym buries her on a high mountain top on his home planet of Lok. he names this mountain, "Adi's Rest".

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    She's very successful. Attained Masterhood, like Windu, in her youthful years, and sooner than others.

I was thinking . . . wouldn't Jinn have trained an apprentice to Knighthood to become Master before Xanatos? Technically, his rank was master for Kenobi's tutelage.

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    But there is Jorus C'boath, a Jedi Master who achived Masterhood without training a padawan to Knighthood. Giving us at least one example of a Prequel era Jedi Master who achieved their rank without following the training a padawan to Knighthood to become a Jedi Master. And there is something about Qui-Gon having two students before Obi-Wan.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Saesee Tiin was the same way. He never trained a Padawan to Knighthood.

9. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    All I know is that when she dies, Pirate Leader Nym buries her on a high mountain top on his home planet of Lok. he names this mountain, "Adi's Rest".

Is this from Star Wars Galaxies or something?

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe that is from SWG, yes.

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I know that's from SWG because I've seen people who have a badge from visiting there

-Jedi Master Zax Starwalker

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.