main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adm. Kendel: So the Chicks Dig Booster's Red SD? Well, I Have a Hundred Red SD's, Baby!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Genghis12, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Two years before the Battle of Yavin, a hundred (Victory) Star Destroyers entered the Kuat Drive Yards spacedocks for extensive system upgrades and refitting set to take a little over a year. However, due to the rawmat shortages which began striking the galaxy, the Empire decided that the hull plating for these ships would be reallocated to the newer Impstars and Impstar Deuces.

So, for nearly five months after they were supposed to have returned to service with new engines, weapon systems, boosted shielding and TIE hangars - they lacked one minot component. Hull plates.

In a stunning display of ingenuity, Admiral Kendel of Kuat Drive Yards produced an alternative source of hull plating - havod metal alloy.

Havod metal alloy fits all military specs, but is much more difficult to process for standard operations. Admiral Kendel had it processed by special order, and got enough red hull plating to retrofit all 100 of his languishing Star Destroyers.

These 100 red Star Destroyers re-entered service about a year after the Battle of Yavin.

One traditionalist Imperial Naval gunnery chief had this to say, "I used to be real charged up to be serving on one of the Essdee Vics. But I sure as tundin' didn't sign up to kick Rebel butt in a pink ship!" (Star Wars Adventure Journal #10, p. 231-233)

While there were no further plans to produce havod alloyed Star Destroyers, the final whereabouts of the hundred red Star Destroyers is currently unknown.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *points at Terradoc's crimson VSDs*

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya sounds like they may be the same ones.

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I saw my first cherry ( red Star Destroyer ) in the AJ. Ah, the summer of '96. She was ready, and I had been patient...

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Pink is a manly color. I don't see the problem.

6. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Funny how hot pink shirts were acceptable on men in 1990.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *grimaces* Hot Pink shirts? Wouldn't those be harsh on the eyes?

8. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Very.

No wonder it's good battle colors for ISDs.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wasn't the pink VSD referenced in a source recently? NJO I think.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The only red ship like that mentioned in NJO would be Booster's Errant Venture.

11. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2001
    Pink is a manly color, one that this guy looks surprisingly sexy in.

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    At least you wouldn't get shot at if you were in a pink SD. All the pilots would be too afraid to fire at it in case they were labelled homophobic.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I don't know about that. Some might just want to blow the thing out of space.

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Could this maybe explain how Booster finally got his red SD? I mean, at one time there wasn't enough red of that particular shade to paint the entire Errant Venture that color. Maybe these ships were lost and didn't end up in Admiral Terradoc's(spelling please) VSD fleet. Maybe Booster found them as hulks from some unknown battle and salavaged the hull plating, using it to cover the Venture.

Although, there is still the pink thing. and the Venture isn't pink.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "I mean, at one time there wasn't enough red of that particular shade to paint the entire Errant Venture that color."

probably because, old republic used red paint alot on their craft, LOL.

"Maybe Booster found them as hulks from some unknown battle and salavaged the hull plating, using it to cover the Venture."

If he did that it would mean he was using VSD hull plating on a ISD-II.

16. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

How many Vic's did Terradoc have? You know, a hundred Vic's, regardless of their color, would be a pretty decent fleet, especially since they have been upgraded to at least Yavin era levels of technology. A bigger worry, IMO, than the 200 dreadnaughts of the Katana Fleet if any nefarious wannabe Imp got his hands on them. Bantam, oh Bantam, I see a book here. Maybe kidnap the Solo kids just for good measure. :D

Were they exactly pink or red? Red is cool, pink is frightening. Especially if its a nice rich bubblegum or violent candy floss pink.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Teradoc attacked Harrsk with 73 red VSDs.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    IIRC, one of the NJO novels said that Booster painted his ship read after that little Yaga Minor stint in VotF.

19. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    If he did that it would mean he was using VSD hull plating on a ISD-II.

Except Genghis pointed out in the inital post that the hull plating allocated for these 100 VicStars was reallocated to ImpStars and ImpStar Deuces. Which would mean Booster doing so with the Venture was nothing new.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    That is true.

21. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Funny how hot pink shirts were acceptable on men in 1990.

Hey, I still wear pink shirts and I'm manly... I think.

Well, if Beck can wear pink it's only fair that I should be able to.

~PAd

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Forgive my ignorance, but who is Beck?

23. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

[face_shocked]

Well, click the link silly. 8-} He's the heir to James Brown's legacy, or Joni Mitchell's, I don't think he's decided yet.

~PAd

24. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    People, red does not equal pink.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I did click the link...

Wk: Who said that it did?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.