main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adm. Kendel: So the Chicks Dig Booster's Red SD? Well, I Have a Hundred Red SD's, Baby!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Genghis12, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    1. Booster's ship was painted red, although the only confirmation of that was a couple of jokes.

2. The Imperial gunnery chief who called it "pink," most likely was trying to color the red ship in the most negative light, as he was a traditionalist. The ship was most likely more red than pink.

3. The "remaining" 27 red Vic's probably went into service as the command-ships of the bumble **** Outer Rim Admirals way out in BFE.

4. Kier is correct to note that despite being Vic's, these special SD's had the newest Imp systems on them. Presumably, they'd at least have been up-classed to Imperial-class Star Destroyers in terms of fire control, shields, etc.

5. I owned a pink shirt in the '90's and it was damn :cool:

2. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Beck?

Unfortunately, he is not referring to Jeff Beck, one of the finest rock and R&B guitarists in the world.

3. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Jeff Beck's cool too, he just doesn't wear pink. 8-}

~PAd

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Just one problem, as my analytical eye sees it . . .

Unless that's offical, it's been done in books and source material, it's just a way to explain inconsistencies and errors made in books.

I, too, windered over why Darksabers' warlords' Impstars and Vicstars were crimson hulled. I think in Courtship of Princess Leia, some TIES were also crimson coloured.

But if there are ingenuious was to cover htese errors, well, why not?

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Excellence I'm thinking you are complaining about some hypothetical error that never existed.

As far as I'm awhare, the Adventure Journal #10, predates the Errant Venture's first appearance by a few months to a year or so.

Also Darksaber came out a year or so before Errant Venture's first appearance as well, IIRC.

So this info about red armor ships existed before Booster and his search for red paint began.

So neither adventure journal, nor KJA created an error, as far as I'm awhare, as they originated red armor information in the first place.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Excellence: Only Terradoc's VSDs were red. The Imperial Star Destroyers were still white.

Booster's ship is painted red, and the big VSD fleet has red-hulled ships.

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I'm not in error, I know when the Errant Venture came into being, and when she got her red hull.

I simple wondered why Courtship and Darksaber had some of thier TIEs, Impstars and Vicstars crimson hulled, when, at that time of publication, they wouldn't ordinarily have been such colouration.

Is Genghis's opening post a clever way to explain such discrepency, or does it come from various books or source material. I wasn't sure which, so I thought I'd check.

Sometimes, when errors pop up, people come up with ways to explain it in hindsight. I've no prob with that.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "I simple wondered why Courtship and Darksaber had some of thier TIEs, Impstars and Vicstars crimson hulled, when, at that time of publication, they wouldn't ordinarily have been such colouration."

Well, those books were older, they just put red ships in cause it sounded "Kewl" most likely. Adventure Journal #10 came out a bit after those, and had it's own info for red ships, not for any continuity fixing reasons but just to create more continuity of it's own for fun.

Then IIRC, publishing wise Booster and his Errant venture appeared in books after that, and the whole running gag of looking for red paint began.

"Is Genghis's opening post a clever way to explain such discrepency, or does it come from various books or source material. I wasn't sure which, so I thought I'd check."

He stated Adventure Journal #10. I do believe he was just paraphrasing that article.

As as I said, I'm pretty sure there is no error at all in this case, and everthing we know about red hulled ships came out before MAS came along with the Errant Venture.

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Excellence...
    "I simple wondered why Courtship and Darksaber had some of thier TIEs, Impstars and Vicstars crimson hulled, when, at that time of publication, they wouldn't ordinarily have been such colouration."

Well, considering SWAJ#10 gives you a reason why such ships are red, when they are not ordinarily red, the only "error" is with limiting one's imagination, not with anything any official source has done.

Red ships exist. It is a fact. At least two different explanations have been given which cover 101 different red Star Destroyers - 100 Essdee Vics and 1 Impstar Deuce. The 100 Essdee Vics are red due to havod alloy plating. The Impstar Deuce is red because of paint.

These would not, and do not cover all other occurrences of red ships which may appear in Star Wars.

There are no discrepencies.

10. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Sounds fair enough. I'll give my nod of approval, and validate scarlet Impstars.

<Nod>

There. Much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.