main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admin "Test" SNs

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    If a rule like this WAS created I think it would only be fair to say that ALL socks have to be tagged and show who their owners are.

Which is pointless and ridiculous.

Mods are people, too. If they want to post not as themselves, who cares? They aren't going to ban you with a sock. As jp said, mods lurk, and will ban while lurking. posting with a sock is pretty much the same thing.

Now, if the mod was breaking rules with the sock by baiting you or something, that's a different story.

Personally, if i was a mod, I;d post with an anonymous sock so that I could sometimes post and not worry about my post being scrutinized and checked for VIP-standard posting.

2. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    a) only three mods have posted here. that's hardly "filled with mods"

b) there shouldn't be any need for mod socks.
    well, if you're going to be that strict, there isn't any need for anyone to have socks.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > I'm saying except on holidays and stuff, there shouldn't be any need for mod socks. They can do anything and more with the usernames they've already got.

That line of though could be equally applied to non-mod socks too, no?

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Regular members can do the same things with socks as the names they've already got too.

Yes, exactly, so other than reasons for holidays, why use them?

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Why use them?

For fun.

6. legacyAccount

May 22, 2012
    Yes, exactly, so other than reasons for holidays, why use them?

So are you trying to make an argument to get rid of all socks, regardless of who they're owned by?

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Well, it seems we're all good at making arguements here, so i guess i've succeeded.

8. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Everyone except you, moron.

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Oh, Jeffy. How sweet of you.

10. Cheri

Cheri Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    Wait a second here... Sapient is Buttsteak? I feel really dirty for saying I'd like to take a bite of his lucious self now.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
  12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is a interesting question. I think I understand what you're asking here.

I don't think users should have a say if the mods have a sock, or several socks. I haven't seen them complain about the countless ones users have, so I think they should be able to have their share too. If only for the sake of fairness.

As long as they don't abuse their position while they're logged in, of course. I think it's alright for them to have them. ;)

13. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    this is retarded.

and apparently snoggler-in-my-eskimo thinks he's a super sleuth for figuring out buttsteak. and now he's ruining what little mystique is left for buttsteak by spraying his diarrhea-of-the-mouth and telling everyone who doesn't know. d00d, you're like the kid who goes around telling all the other kids that santa claus isn't real, and acting like your knowledge of it is something to brag about. you should be ashamed of yourself, not to mention embarrassed. [face_plain]

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Why shouldn't they be able to use socks? As long as they're not breaking rules under them, there's nothing wrong with it.

If you ask, "Why should they?" Well, why should you use a sock? For fun. Just because they're mods, means they can't do things?

If we can have socks, they should be able to also, as despite the colors, they're also users.

15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    If that's what your believe, Sara, it's fine with me. Thanks for posting. :)

this is retarded.

I really don't care. :D

16. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I really don't want to get into the middle of this, but let me just spell out what I'd wager is the actual impetus for this thread.

Here it appears that Sapient logs in as buttsteak to mock those who would criticize him. Was that slightly immature and not quite the perfect example that the JC's "head admin" should be setting? Yes. Worthy of another silly argument in comms? Nah. Let's go talk about Star Wars or something.

17. Vader Fett

Mar 18, 1999
    you suck at witch hunts, snoggler. what, did buttsteak hurt your feelings or something?

THIS IS A NON ISSUE.

edit: dorktron, it's like our brains are connected. omg!

18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Vader Fett, you make me laugh like a sissy girl!

19. Vader Fett

Mar 18, 1999
    work on it.

20. Cheri

Cheri Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    I feel like a child who's just been told Santa isn't real. I'm going to pretend I never found out who Buttsteak really is.

21. legacyAccount

May 22, 2012
    guys, stop the personal attacks

22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Bah, it's just a bit of fun. But if that's what you want...

23. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I've got three socks, one of which I'm not proud of.

The first is Rebel_Dream, which I created in case I got banned in the CT Trivia Contest, this became my backup name. The second name is Errant_Vampire or something along those lines, which I only used during the Halloween period. The third name is Sithspit_Sithspawn which I created two weeks ago because I was stupid. A friend had changed my cookie settings and for some reason I went and created a new account to see if the cookies would work. I feel like a complete idiot, but laugh at me all you like. Though for the record, I never did access that account and later deleted the email that contained the pass (without looking at it), once I figured out what was wrong.

Personally I see no reason why a mod should not use a sock on the side. However, I don't like to do that, I see no reason why I should post under a different name. That and I'm too lazy to switch in and out of names. :p

24. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I hardly think it's fair to say that on one hand you want mods to act more like average users and to interact with normal members accordingly while on the other you say that they shouldn't use socks and joke around.

25. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    we have the right to know a mod from a regular member.

No, you don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.