main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Administrative Updates - To keep you informed of technical and board policy "stuff"

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I wanted to make one thread to keep everyone up to date on any things going on with the boards [i.e. - you keep having a board error] or new policies [we can't use word "the" anymore . . . no no no, it was an April Fool's joke :eek:)]

So, if you see this thread has been updated that means there is something in it that you need to be aware of either concerning technical issues or board policy. :)

Icon Pruning

Currently the Icons Manager, DVeditor, is reviewing some icons to be deleted. On the chopping block are icons from A New Hope. You can go to this thread for more information on which icons are up for possible deletion and to give input.

I keep getting an error or the boards are timing out on me

If you are having problems with the boards or you are getting an error message, please report it in the If you have an Error thread.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I found myself logged in another a different user name!

There is a thread in Comms that deals with the issue of Finding yourself logged in under another user's name

whatever you do, don't post! ;) But if you do by accident just go back and edit the post and then post with your account.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    There have been two errors occuring:

1) Pulling up a thread and finding all the messages in the thread to read (no message) and also all the forums appearing as having been read [they don't have the ! beside them and have no last reply]. Just refresh your page a few times or even close the browser window and open it back up again. We haven't got a more definitive answer as of yet.

2) The links on the main page are not working all the time. Again, we don't know why but hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Remember, if you have an error you can always report it here. :)

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Halloween icons are available here

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Two items:

December Holiday Icons are in the process of being uploaded. Click here to see the holiday goodness [face_love]

For some reason Active Topic Notification isn't working. We are waiting to get word back on that.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    And this was a problem involving PEBCAK:

Problem
    Exists
    Between
    Consumer
    And
    Keyboard

[face_plain] [face_blush]

I never realized that Active Topic Notifications expire. :oops:

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Dude where's my icon?

No, icons aren't gone! They should be back by tomorrow. In the meantime you can enjoy some April Fools Day icons

9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Dear Gosh.. why not just make David Hasselhoff the only Icon available.. Jeesh.. that's to cruel even for April Fool's Day

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I keep seeing that all of my favorite boards have no last post

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/jediangela/odd.jpg]

It isn't your PC. One of the servers needs a reboot or something. The admins are aware of it and are looking into it. [Han Solo]Post Normal[/Han Solo]

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The trusty Technical Administrator, gabe has uploaded a new icon called The Dark Side. It is in response to users wanting an icon to designate mourning for a tragedy such as the recent VA Tech. shootings.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    This is an FYI:

Harry Potter Spoilers

Spoilers must be HTR for one month after the release of the book, unless posted in a an official designated spoiler thread.
    No spoilers of any kind in thread titles or signatures.
    In forums with designated spoiler threads (e.g. SFF or YJCC), spoilers should only be posted there.
    Bans will not be automatic, but on a case-by-case basis based on the TOS (e.g if someone is clearly trolling).

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just to let you all know the board has been experiencing "hiccups" due to server problems today. If you are getting time errors, etc., that is why. :)

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The Old Folks Home [Fan Force Administration] is now posting monthly updates. You can find the very first one here. :)

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    From the latest Mod Squad Update

User News

This bit is especially relevant to new users or any other users who want to make a sock account. Usernames that only contain numerical characters are not allowed. You must have letters along with numbers in a username. It should be noted that this rule does not affect users who already have all-numerical usernames. This rule is only in affect for new names from this point on.

Example:

549304 <--- Not Allowed
    Han232921 <--- Allowed

We've had some technical issues with all-numeric usernames.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  17. The_Pumpkin_King

The_Pumpkin_King Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    Really? Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee.....

***EDIT***

Wow, the selection of Halloween Icons pretty thin this year. Not even one of my beautiful self, Jack Skellington. I do hope they add one...

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    No need to fear Sir Pumpkin King. More icons are going to be uploaded. :)

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yes, our banner is missing and our marquee is being eaten by the board. Apparently the board is having issues and needs some therapy. The Tech folks are on it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.