main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admiral Ackbar Fan Club Headquarters/Spamming Adventures

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Dev_Binks, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I searched for one and didn't find one so here, a fan club dedicated to Tahiri.

"Tahiri" What the... !?! How about I close this one and let you do a proper Ackbar Fan Club thread with a proper introduction/opening, if you so choose.

Hint: a bit better opening than "I searched for one and didn't find one so here, a fan club dedicated to 'Ackbar.'" Thanks for your understanding.

2. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Um.

Isn't there already one?

I KNOW I already saw one.

3. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I could all ways make this one an Admiral Ackbar FC.

4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I think there is another one, i believe i posted in it awhile back...

5. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Fine then this is now the Admiral Ackbar Fan Club Headquarters/Spamming Adventures.

6. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    When did Admiral Ackbar go on Spamming Adventures? ?[face_plain]

7. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    No that's just the name it's the FC's HQ and Spamming adventures.

8. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Note to self: I know which thread I'll lock first once my Mod powers come through...

9. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    PX shut up. Now who thinks that Ackbar used some stupid tactics at Endor?

10. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    An Ackbar thread is fine...a thread promoting spamming, not so much.

11. Guildenstern

Guildenstern Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    how can a fan club criticize its subject right of the bat? shouldn't it be an Ackbar critics club or something? :confused:

12. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh well good point. Hmm where do you think Ackbar went after retiring?

13. Guildenstern

Guildenstern Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    Mon Calamari

not oppm :mad:

14. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    What did he do though is more of what I mean. Was he married?

15. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    After Endor and the formation of the New Republic, Ackbar became one of the Republic's ruling members, until Councilor Fey'lya used incriminating evidence against him in an effort to discredit him. When Fey'lya's plans were revealed, Ackbar was reinstated as a New Republic dignitary.

Luckily, he was away from Calamari when the reborn Emperor Palpatine attacked the planet. Later, when he and Leia were on a diplomatic mission to Vortex, his shuttle was sabotaged, causing it to crash into, and destroy, the Cathedral of Winds. This was part of Furgan's plan to bring down the New Republic from the inside, and severely degraded Ackbar's self-confidence. He returned to Calamari to help rebuild what was still unrepaired from the Emperor's attack, and was on the planet when Admiral Daala chose to attack Calamari. He and Leia were able to rally the minimal Calamarian defense, stalemating Daala's attack until help from the New Republic arrived.

Ackbar chose to remain on Calamari until Furgan attempted to finalize his plans by kidnapping baby Anakin Solo on Anoth. He then left the planet and arrived at Anoth in time to rescue baby Anakin. This demonstration of the Empire's desperate attempts to regain control of the galaxy helped to crystallize Ackbar's resolve, and brought him out of his self-imposed shell and back into the New Republic's government. He remained a vital asset to the Republic throughout the Black Fleet Crisis and the negotiation of peace with the Empire, but when Borsk Fey'lya was named the New Republic's Chief of State, Ackbar decided to retire from active duty and return to Calamari.

Ackbar was kept informed of the progress of the battle against the Yuuzhan Vong, and used his time to investigate a way to defeat them. As his health flagged, Ackbar was assisted by Winter, who had traveled to Calamari while her husband, Tycho Celchu, rejoined the military. Admiral Traest Kre'fey and a small faction of commanders convinced Ackbar to come out of retirement, and lend their support to the war effort. Ackbar was reinstated to his rank of Admiral, and assisted Admirals Kre'fey and Sovv in developing new tactics to use against the alien invaders. His plans involved the use of dead-end hyperspace routes through the Deep Core, and eventually developed into the tactics used at the Battle of Ebaq, a huge victory for the newly named Galactic Alliance.

Phew. Ackbar's one adventurous guy, you've got that right. ;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

16. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Yeah. He was an incredible Mon Cal. Great military leader.

Oh, and...

PX shut up

That's a flame, a bannable offence ;)

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    that's not a flame that's a request to stop insulting us-me.

18. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    hmm...it was good to see ackbar back in DW, but he was never my favourite. I'd have enjoyed it more if Reeikan or someone returned. Ah well, each to his own :)

19. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    If he had anything to do with it. I think it was a dumb idea to bring ships like the medical frigate to the battle of Endor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.