main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admiral Daala and her hiding place- Revelation spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    One has to wonder where the Admiral has been hiding for the past few years. There are numerous locals, though many taken. The Maw was used by the Jedi during the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Deep Core by the GA towards the end of the war. The Chiss Ascendancy had no access to her weapons, and the majority of her ships are definitely Known Space in origin - Venators, Republic-class ships, Assassin corvettes, Scimitars - and the mainstream Remnant wasn't aware of her.

I thought it would be mighty ironic if, for all these decades, she's hidden within the Transistory Mists. I doubt the Hapans can police that area perfectly, after all.

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I had figured she was just hiding out someplace in the Unknown Regions, probably just camping out on some planet that wasn't being used by anyone.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    My guess would be a place we haven't seen in a long time and whose situation is more or less unknown: The Deep Core. There should be lot of old Imperial strongholds there that she could have used as a base.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's hanging out in one of the mentioned, but unexplored, places we've heard about since the NJO -- someplace like the Cloak of the Sith.

On another note, it'd be pretty darn funny if she's just in league with the One Sith and basically ******* everyone in her bid for revenge against the non-Empire and the Empire who killed Ligeus.

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Hutt Space, perhaps? Plenty of worlds there that could owe her favors, and I doubt the rest of the galaxy paid it much attention in the aftermath of the Vong War. Could be the Corporate Sector too, for the Ryn connection.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I would say that it's unlikely to be anywhere in Hutt or Bothan areas, as I'd find it unlikely they wouldn't sell out Daala for the right price.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I wish she stayed where'ever she was, cause if she's in some way the heir apparent to Pellaeon I'll be displeased.:(

Now I'm guessing she had a stronghold of sorts in the Deep Core worlds supported by some goofy Moff with a former Imperial fortress world. It would take a fair amount of resources to maintain and crew a fleet of that size. Prehaps the nation she founded on the Force Roach World, Pedoriss Cloriss or whatever its called, is involved. If she repaired the Chimaera, that would also take prehaps a minor shipyard of some kind.

I now want Thrawn to actually return from the dead and take back his Flag Ship before she stinks the thing up to much..........

8. Lord_Boney

Lord_Boney Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2007
    I imagine her hiding somewhere in the border regions of the Remnant, perhaps near or in the Unknown Regions. Perhaps she has some arrangment with the former Empire of the Hand? [face_thinking]

9. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    The Corporate Sector (or near it) almost sounds plausible. Didn't they make a bit of a habit of buying outdated warships from the Empire?

10. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    She was in a small cupboard in the Chimaera, and every night raided the mess for food.

11. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    [face_thinking] They do have spies all over the galaxy. Actually the more I think it, it kinda makes sense if this ends up being true. Nice one, dp4m.

12. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Is it established that the ship she has is the "real" Chimaera, or another ship with the same name? If it's actually Thrawn's(and Pellaeon's!) Chimaera, is it explained how Daala got her hands on it? I've not been keeping up with the LOTF, and the last time we saw the ship in NJO, it was heavily damaged during the Battle Of Bastion.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Darth Caedus thinks so. "It, no she was fully restored" and "She was never confirmed destroyed"
    "It was a vessel that had been flagship to the legendary admirals of modern history....The vetran ship was looking a lot tidier than it had at the Battle of Bastion"
    So though we certainly don't know the Chimaera's journey to Daala, I'd say the intention is that its the same ship. Add to this that we know the Chimaera survived Bastion and that Pellaeon has been in contact with Daala. It all seems to add up well enough, even if i don't want it to.:p

14. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Actually, to throw something else into the equation:

It has been longer since Pellaeon saw Daala then it has been that Boba has seen her. He has taken jobs from her as recently as a decade ago. Pellaeon seems unaware exactly what Daala can bring to the table, and the only ship he mentions is the frigate she escaped in the last time she was known to fight the NR.

My personal fanon is that Boba and the Protectors stole Chimaera from Imperial shipyards, but again, that's just personal fanon.

15. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I think the more important question, Sinre, is: what possessed everyone to take Daala seriously?

16. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    Cool, thanks for the info. It's nice to know for sure that the ship hasn't been decommissioned/scrapped and is still at large.

But at the hands of Daala? Not so cool :p

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's why the One Sith theory makes sense. Battle Meditation and Enhanced Coordination does WONDERS for stupid commanders... :p

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I thought the Scylla was a VSD...?

And I'm not going to reply to the point about Daala having seen Boba more recently than Pellaeon. I've got to ask Karen about that, as I think she's insinuating something which provides a pleasant twist on the NJO and gives us an earlier margin of when Mandalore was free...

Well, I think she's quite a serious threat, albeit an unlucky one. She attacked Yavin 4, Mon Calamari, planned a devastating assault on Coruscant; she's been very dangerous, but never quite up to speed on tactics to be a true threat. But when an SSD, 17 ISDs and 30 VSDs are being hurled at Yavin, I don't think they mind.

She did win the Battle of Nam Chorios for the NR, remember, with a dozen small vessels. The NR fleet was ruined, after all, at this point. And she at very least went for Fondor in 18 ABY, even as Pellaeon reached the Inner Rim in his campaign.

So, in a way, she's taken very seriously simply because she's been in a position to win too many times for the NR not to take her seriously....

19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    In Daala's case, it's more she's insane than anything else.

* Killed a Corvette for no other reason than she could.
    * Killed the population of Dantooine just because she could.
    * Slaughtered the populous of Foamwander City for no reason.
    * Attempted to kill everyone on Coruscant.
    * All those butcher attacks alluded to in Darksaber.
    * Attacking the Jedi, which she didn't seem to realize aren't actually a part of the Republic.

Then, most galling.

* She attacks THE EMPIRE for using a bioweapon after her atrocities and helping build the Death Star.

There's a Space Hauge or something she can be tried at, right?

20. Sirius_Scott

Sirius_Scott Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2007
    Seconded. Daala is **** nuts.

And if I remember correctly, Nithal's GA/Fondor/Jedi/the partridge in the pear tree were only beginning to lose ground after Palleaon died. A sudden influx of however many ships Daala had would seal it for either side, making her a force to be considered. Add phase-shifters and pudding guns (or whatever esoteric weaponry she had) and that only makes her more of a threat.

21. Graestan

Graestan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm stepping out-of-universe for my take on this one, particularly because I'm not very far into Legacy of the Force yet:

Did she have to come back, honestly? To me, this is yet another lame KJA character that just won't die.

22. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Scylla is just listed as a "frigate" at Wook, so that's how I took it. It may well have been a VSD, as I don't see her in anything less than an SD.

Also, as to why take her seriously; she's gathered a rather impressive fleet. People with guns tend to get taken seriously, and as others have pointed out, she doesn't do anything tactically brilliant, she just jumps in and starts killing people.

23. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007

QFT

24. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    She's a danger to herself more than she is to anyone else. Seriously, I went back to re-read the JAT and see how bad she was, and Charles isn't exaggerating. She's absolutely insane, to say nothing of slightly retarded. And I mean that literally; the woman is very, very slow. She's just not all there.

25. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    Daala is quite insane, and she's a destructive force, one doomed to ultimately spend herself. But before that happens, she has the potential to cause lots of damage. Her attack on Yavin IV in Darksaber was pathetic, true. But while she busied herself with that, she sent Colonel Cronus and the Victory-class SD fleet to rampage through New Republic space. He attacked target after target; destroyed shipyards, transport convoys, cities, that stupid clone planet of Dorsk's - whatever he could find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.