main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admiral Daala

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Terranix, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    OK, so after Darksaber she was seen leading a small group of people who wanted to keep things the ''old''(Imperial?) way.

I heard that she came out again for one final battle(In the Essential Chronology?), & her Star Destroyer blew up, &she was presumed dead.

What, exactly, DID happen? Who was she fighting, where, why, for whom, blah blah blah.

Thanks.

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes and she also made an apperance in POT.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "she was presumed dead."

Actually she was presumed missing in action.

4. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Oh. Well, my information was second hand...

Who was she fighting?

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It was during Black Fleet Crisis time period, general iblis tried to capture daala in a pincer movement utilizing 2 gravity-well cc-7700 frigates(see star wars rebellion for pictures). dalla in a daring move daala's lead frigate rammed one of iblis' destroying it. She then escaped into hyperspace in her badly damaged flag ship. She has not been seen sense.

6. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    & this is in ''Essential Chronology''?

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
  8. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Hmm...If you don't mind my asking, what was the class of this ship, & it's name?

Whilst we're on he subject of...um...unnaccounted for Imperial women...what happened to Tavira & the Inviduous after Corran scared it away at the end of I, Jedi?

9. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Nobody knows. . . do they?

Wait. . . didn't she join up with Teradoc or one of the self-proclaimed Warlords?

10. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Ummmmm what does POT stand for?

11. Mira_McGrath

Mira_McGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    wasn't daala in planet of twilight? didn't she and they guy run away together? i can't beleive i can't remember, but i read that book sooooooo long ago.

12. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    We've already covered that.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Remember planet of twilight comes before black fleet crisis. For some reason she came out of retirement for that last final battle I mentioned above. Apparently having something to do with warlords uprising.

14. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    i prolly shoulda read black fleet crisis. that coulda helped. maybe she'll come back in the NJO

15. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    No, Mira, you prolly shouldn't read BFC. You'll regret it if you do.

Mira: I'm not afraid.

MWB: You will be, you will be. . .. . .

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I enjoyed most of BFC, except for the akhana stuff which got tedious.

You won't find daala in the BFC books. Her final battle takes place in the same timezone, but is original info unique to the Essential Chronology.

17. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah, i prolly would regret it. i tried to read it once, but only got like, 2o pages into it.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I haven't regretted reading any star wars books. Just some were slower than others.

19. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    if i could get past the beginning, then i can read any of them. but the beginning didn't catch me on that one.

20. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    What, even The Crystal Star? You're a better man than I am, Valiento.

Since your my main source of trivia( :D )do you happen to know what happened to Tavira?

& has Pellaeon ever participated in any actions against the New Republic, or responded to actions AGAINST the Empire, taken BY the New Republic, & led the attack/defence himself?

& what are those black armoured stormies in Crimson Empire called?

Waht's up with darktroopers & dark troopers being different things?

What's the square root of -7.5?

P.S Do tell me when the questions get too irritating. I wouldn't want to get myself disliked unduly. It's my ''inquisitive nature''.
    *Cough.*

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I really enjoyed the chrystal star. But maybe it's because I'm a trek fan(and overall scifi fan), so things like alternate universes, and alien gods don't bother me much. I think stuff like that is valid in any scifi franchise.

Give me a few moments to answer your questions as best I can.

22. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    crystal star didn't bother me. it was kinda weird. but weird things are apart of my life. like my fire engine red hair.

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Since your my main source of trivia( )do you happen to know what happened to Tavira?"

Unknown. Eu Limbo.

"& has Pellaeon ever participated in any actions against the New Republic, or responded to actions AGAINST the Empire, taken BY the New Republic, & led the attack/defence himself?"

During BFC time period he had an ever shrinking empire in the outer rim(IE what was left of the pentistar allignment I guess). While Daala had warlords in her controle in the core(right before daala's final battle)

Pelleon wasn't good enough to keep his space defended, or expanding.

"what are those black armoured stormies in Crimson Empire called?"

stormtroopers. But they have a neat history. Blackhole(see classic star wars) painted all his vehicles, units and soldiers in black radio masking paint.

When Blackhole was killed, carnor jax absorbed blackhole's stormtrooper regiments and ships. Hence why jax has the black stormtroopers in his command.

"Waht's up with darktroopers & dark troopers being different things?"

This is a subject of big debate actually.

which will take alot to cover.

This is partially conjecture based on 3 sources of dark trooper material, and to fix visual differences between them.

Phase 1 series:

Phase 1 mark I dark troopers(see dark forces). Are a skelotel droid with a shield and sword.

Then after a first layer of armor is put on them, they become Phase 1 Mark II darktroopers. They are given a normal issue infantry blaster(see star wars battlegrounds)

A droid seen in one issue of marvel, looks alot like the phase 1 mark 2s, but is been repainted in a bright pink/red color. going by a name something like zzx-01.

Phase 2 series:

Phase 2 darktrooper, this series given more armor, a jetpack, a special cannon weapon, and increased agility.

Phase 2 Mark II darktrooper. Early version of darktrooper battle suits made for the use of dark troopers elite units(special force sensitive stormtroopers) see star wars rebellion. These are fairly rare and only a few soldiers got them. Existance of any left is unknown.

Phase 3 series:

Phase 3 Darktrooper.

This suit is one of a kind, only mohc had one. Kyle katarn destroyed it. It would have been the next stage for the dark trooper force sensitive units upgrades. But was never finished.

Dark Troopers(force sentive elite stormtroopers) who still existed after the destruction of the main factories of the darktrooper production. ended up having to just use basic or slightly better than basic stormtrooper armor.

I hope this helps.

24. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    Fire engine red hair??? Like mara jade???

25. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah, the dye is manic panic: vampire red. but i bleached my hair first, so it turned fire engine, instead of bllod red. and yes, my original intent and purpose was to be like mara jade, but i also got to piss off my parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.