main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admiral Piett seeing Anakin Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Naboo1, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    In ESB, where our good Admiral Piett spies the helmetless Vader inside the meditation chamber, what do you think Piett was thinking at the time.

He was quite possibly the only other person beside Palpatine or Luke to see Vader without his mask on.

2. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    I think the officers know that Vader is human and requires the suit, but I'm not sure if they know it's Anakin Skywalker in the suit.

This depends on the revelations that Episode III will bring. It may be assumed that Anakin Skywalker is dead.

3. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    But would Piett recognize Anakin Skywalker somehow? Has he seen Anakin earlier without the armour?

4. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    That is yet to be seen.

5. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Piett probably couldn't tell if it was Anakin or not.

6. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    he was probably thinking, "i haven't had lunch yet, and suddenly meatball parm sandwich's seem like a great idea!"

7. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I always thought he was afraid,he probably thought that vader might choke him for seeing him without the helmet. ;)

8. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    That face that he makes is like, "Eww, I do NOT want to see that again!!!". Funny!

SBC

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I doubt Piett would be able to recognize Anakin Skywalker. Besides, with the scarring and the paleness (due to face never seeing the light of day) probably would throw him off even if he had seen Anakin. I think his expression is pretty close to how SBC put it ;)

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree with both of those things. And if I were Vader, I would choke anyone who saw me without my helmet. Of course, maybe Vader didn't feel like wasting an admiral.

11. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, he'd just killed Ozzel, and Piett had done his job up till then. Plus, it wasnt like Piett had botched his job or endangered them.

12. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002

he was probably thinking, "i haven't had lunch yet, and suddenly meatball parm sandwich's seem like a great idea!"

Okay, now that is officually the most disgusting thing I have ever read on these forums.

13. Salacious_B_Crumb

Nov 12, 2002
    What is parm?

SBC

14. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I dunno why Vader would care if anyone saw him without his helmet on. He's not trying to hide his face, I don't think, he just needs it to live.
    Probably wouldn't hold too many conversations without the mask on though :p

'Hey guys! I just heard Vader talk without his mask on, and he sounds like a dork!'

'Wow! What did he look like?'

'Like a shrivlled white raisen!'

'Funny. I would expect a 200 pound black man...'

15. Salacious_B_Crumb

Nov 12, 2002
    Yeah, I bet that the voice changer was for compesation issues.

SBC

16. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, god knows I need a voice like james earl jones.

17. JAMMINITUP

JAMMINITUP Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Admiral Piett probably muttered to himself the David Caruso line from First Blood when John Rambo took off his shirt in the prison cell for his hosing down;

"What the hell's this guy been into?"

18. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I doubt Piett would recognise Vader as Anakin. He was too young to remember him I believe.

19. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    What is parm?

SBC

parm= parmesan

Okay, now that is officually the most disgusting thing I have ever read on these forums.

::hangs head in shame:: :( [face_devil]

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Mmm. I like parmesan.

Not on Darth's head though.

21. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Mmm. I like parmesan.

Not on Darth's head though.

I like it too. I just remember thinking back in 1980 when I first saw the movie that his head looked like a meatball to me. I guess I was a strange child.

22. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    I doubt Piett could have gotten that close to the meditation chamber without permission, so I would assume that Vader either

1) Doesn't care a bit if an officer sees him without the helmet.

2) Wants them to see. He probably expects the reaction that Piett had, and may use his disfigurement as one more means of empowerment.

Just a guess.

23. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Wants them to see. He probably expects the reaction that Piett had, and may use his disfigurement as one more means of empowerment.

Ooooooh, me likey. Vader then leaves the rest to Piett's imagination thereby enforcing subordination by fear.

24. arielthalandra

arielthalandra Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    I doubt if anyone other than Palpy and Obiwan knows that Vader is Anakin. Piett probably doesn't, but even if he did, he wouldn't be thinking about it; he'd be more kind of morbidly fascinated, like, "I wonder how many men have seen what I'm seeing and lived to tell the tale?"

Also, confirmation of there really being a guy in there somewhere. And presumably revulsion. Vader's been toasted, he's supposed to look like a meatball.

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wants them to see. He probably expects the reaction that Piett had, and may use his disfigurement as one more means of empowerment.

Wow, good point. I bet Vader could get some interesting rumors about him spread that way. That serves the dual purpose of making him scarier and making people have more respect for him because they can imagine he's faced some terrible trials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.