main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Admiral Raddus Discussion Thread (and Fan Club)

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Gigoran Monk, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Raddus calls it the Kessel Jog.

2. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Well guys, this thread is keeping me thoroughly entertained! I'm so glad that Raddus had achieved this legendary status!

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Raddus thoroughly entertained darth_mccartney without even knowing he existed.

4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    The great disturbance in the force that Obi-Wan felt wasn't Alderaan being obliterated, it was just Raddus waking up in the morning.

5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Darth Vader: A small rebel force has penetrated the shield and landed on Endor.
    The Emperor: Yes, I know.
    Darth Vader: Raddus is with them.
    The Emperor: Are you sure?
    Darth Vader: I have *felt* him, my master.
    The Emperor: Strange that I have not. I wonder if your feelings on this matter are clear, Lord Vader.
    Darth Vader: They are clear, my master.
    The Emperor: RETREEEEEAT !!!

6. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    EVERYONE underestimates the power of the Raddus Side.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He sees things and makes them happen. It's a Raddus trait.

vncredleader and PCCViking like this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Raddus can prevent a disturbance in the Force.

vncredleader and BenYodaDagobah like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That boy is our last hope..
    No, there is another...

[​IMG]

10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    When Leia said hope at the end of Rogue One, she was really saying Raddus's real name.

vncredleader likes this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "The name's Raddus. Hope Raddus."

12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    "I sense a great disturbance in the Force. As though Admiral Raddus sneezed and was suddenly silenced."

Blue 5, vncredleader and PCCViking like this.
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Ackbar: "It's a trap!"
    Raddus: "Relax. I've got this."

DL44Jo, Blue 5, Gigoran Monk and 3 others like this.
  14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    When Ackbar said "it's a trap" he did not mean the Imps had a trap, he meant that this was a trap he sprung cause he had the epicness of his mentor Raddus with him and the Imps would never be prepared.

PCCViking likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have revisited Raddus One: An Admiral Raddus Story a shameful amount of times and it continues to solidify why Admiral Raddus is seriously GOAT to me.

Here is the thing: The space battle which he commanded was not only arguably the best space battle in the series, thus far, but it also drastically altered a literally 40 year held view, which would prior have seemed immovable. While, I have always liked the Rebel Alliance and even really adored several individual members... and, of course, some of their ships are cool... and their musical cues have occasional moments of brilliance... I have ALWAYS favored the Empire during space battles. Always. Sure, I wore my X-Wing pilot Underoos like a freakin champ (technically a bedwetting champ, I suppose...) but seriously... TIE FIGHTERS! ... and the ridiculously amazing sound they make. AND STAR DESTROYERS! TIE pilot helmets and Vader overseeing a Navy and holycrapermegerd they have the IMPERIAL MARCH as their soundtrack for kicking the rebels' sphincters into submission. I appreciated the rebels' "underdog" status and it is always compelling to watch David get shots in on Goliath but... come on... look at their fleet and the music playing behind them as they slap the Alliance around... that is 40 straight years of rooting for the wrong side because they are just so terrifying and precise and awe-inspiring and marry me.

Until Rogue One.

Or, more precise, until the Rebel fleet jettison out of hyperspace and... suddenly... their music seems 1,000x more inspiring and... suddenly... there is a complete role reversal between the Alliance and the Imperial Navy. The bloke who announces their arrival may as well have been scripted to cry out "Holy ****! It's the Rebel Alliance!".

For the first time in my entire 40 year SW watching life, the Rebel Alliance seemed like a dread-inspiring nightmare for the Empire. And, it is glorious.

Previously, the Rebel fleet flying toward the Imperial Navy was met with "Good. Our first catch of the day" or "... and the end of your insignificant rebellion".
    Suddenly, the reaction is "SIR! THOSE ARE REBEL SHIPS!!!" and "Close the shield aperture! NOW! NOW!"

Previously, the Empire fired the Death Star's superlaser into poor Rebel ships in order to demoralize them.
    Suddenly, the Empire has to fire the Death Star's superlaser at THEMSELVES because their security complex has been so badly compromised.

Even the individual squadrons seemed to fly with a far more inspiring sense of awe-inspiring heroism.

Under Raddus' leadership, their theme music suddenly got me far more charged up than even the Imperial March.

Probably because the Imperials were not so much marching as screaming, rushing to close gates, bracing for impact and praying to Waru.

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    This 1000 times.

It should come as no surprise, then, that when Kathleen Kennedy asked Gareth Edwards why he wanted the job, he said "I've always wanted to join the Rebel Alliance."

17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Darth Vader: What is thy bidding, my master?
    The Emperor: Send the fleet to the far side of Endor. There it will stay until called for.
    Darth Vader: What of the reports of the rebel fleet massing near Sullust?
    The Emperor: It is of no concern. It is just Ackbar leading that fleet, not Raddus. Soon the Rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker will be one of us. Your work here is finished, my friend. Go out to the command ship and await my orders.
    Darth Vader: Yes, my master.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Admiral Raddus: It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!

Anakin: Okay

*floats away*

Sarge, vncredleader and PCCViking like this.
  19. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    What's the canon answer for his fate? Was he captured or killed, or did he escape the flagship?

20. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    #AdmiralRaddusLives

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    The real reason Snoke feared Luke Skywalker is because he knew Luke would lead Raddus out of retirement.

vncredleader and Ricardo Funes like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So far, "canon" is what we see on screen and we literally see nothing happen to him. So, nothing happened to him. He returned to being one with the Force until Luke called upon him in order to destroy the Death Star. Raddus only saw 2 seconds of the plans as they were received aboard the Profundity and he still memorized the entire technical readout in order to guide Luke's aim.

What we are less certain of is whether Raddus told Obi Wan Kenobi that a million voices had cried out but then were suddenly silenced.

23. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    When Vader said "Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen" he was talking to Raddus, who was [MODified: Family Friendly Forum Rules] in the tree nearby.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The original Blu-ray cover was deemed too awesome to be released, as it would have put all other Blu-ray covers to shame:

[​IMG]

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Raddus is welcome on Earf.

vncredleader likes this.