main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AdmiralNick22's Farewell to Lit

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hello all. :)

After a bit of going back and forth about this, I have decided that it is time for me to leave this wonderful and exciting site. In the three plus years that I have been here, I met many wonderful people and had many excellent discussions and debates. I started off as a Ackbar-crazy fan who always sought to "boost" his rep. That is also how I leave. :p

I was tempted to make a list of all the people that I have had the pleasure of interacting with over these past few years, but they are too numerous to mention. I would also feel horrible if I forgot to mention someone, so suffice it to say that if you know me I will miss your posts.

My reasons for leaving are not bad or sad. I graduated from college a few months ago, which has caused me to shuffle a few priorities around. My love of Star Wars has not diminished, though my new found fear for spoilers has prompted me to be a bit more cautious in what threads I view. I will always remain an ardent Fleet Junkie, which I can honestly say I feel proud to say that I was one of the founding bunch. To all Junkies, old and new, I salute you.

I do not see myself coming back. I may be overcome by curiosity from time to time, which may cause me to lurk and view a page or two. But my days as a poster are over.

Thank you all very much for your kindness and your willingness to discuss any number of topics. I do not think I ever made any enemies on this board, but if I did offend anyone you have my most sincere apology.

The admiral sets sail on a new journey. May the Force be with you all.

--Adm. Nick

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    :( You've been a terrific contributor to this forum and I'm sad to see you go- the Fleet Junkies won't be the same without ya (ok, they'll still be ship tech-spec obsessed geeks, but you know what I mean ;) ), and if your battle with Darth Real life goes well, I do hope you'll be able to rejoin us in the future.

Fleet Junkies- HO!

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/Fleetjunkies.jpg]

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well, I must admit that others know you far better than I, but I will say this:

Good luck and good fortune.

If you do decide to be a more "active" lurker, feel free to visit the fleet Junkie threads at any time. They are in a way, yours, after all.

[face_peace] Admiral.

4. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Oh man... farewell Nick, it's been good having you here. Fleet Junkies ho! May the Force be with all your endeavours!

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    :_|

Good luck Nick! As mentioned above, I hope you'll be an "active lurker" if possible, since I've always found your posts helpful.

:)

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You'll be missed, man. You've been a great presence on these boards and a voice of reason.[face_peace] =D= [face_good_luck]

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Good luck, Nick! Maybe you will come back after a break from the forums.

8. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    This is a sad day.

For the forum and for the community (SW-fans and especially the FY).

Good luck to you.:(

9. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Now, here's someone I'm genuinely sorry to see go. :(

Take care, Nick. You'll be missed.

10. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

Ok now that that's out, sorry to see ya go, oftentimes you were a calm voice of reason, and I oftentimes agreed with what you had to say. Good luck on future adventures!

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreeing with 000 here, one of the first people I'm actually going to miss.

Bye Nick, this is a sad day for the boards, and an even sadder day for the Fleet Junkies.

Good luck in the future

12. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    I don't know you that well, but I do recall you being helpful to me and answering some questions in the past. Good luck to you and congratulations on graduating!

13. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    That's too bad. I wish you luck!

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Readies 21-gun salute for the Admiral*

Smooth sailing, Nick.

15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    As AdmiralWes said... [face_peace]

You'll be missed!

- The Imperial Ewok

16. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    Got to agree with what has already been said.

It's sad to see that few posters are left from the original NR Capital ships (Black Fleet Crisis and beyond) thread...but we can't trap great posters like AdmiralNick22 here some sort of tractor beam, it least not yet.

Good luck with everything on the outside!

17. Warsie

Warsie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2005
    bye...may the force be with you

18. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Seeya Nick. Come back to visit from time to time.

19. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *salutes formally*

You'll always have a place here, if you ever come back.

[face_peace]

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    WHAT?

:(

Well, you'll be missed, of course. Does this mean you're leaving the boards entirely, or just Lit in particular?

Either way, it's a shame. But may Fortune be with you.

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    This doesn't bode well for the Ackbar page at Wookieepedia.

22. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    So long and thanks for all the fish AdmiralNick22! I remember when I was a TFN lurker all those years back when the "NR Capital Ships (Black Fleet, NJO, and beyond...)" thread was created. I remember all the interesting discussion points and eloquently put pro-NR ideas you brought forth. I'll always be a NRDF fan thanks to your stuff! Good luck in all your future endeavours, and us Fleet Junkies will make sure to continue the always interesting discussions!

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

"It's a trap!" And I don't believe a whiff of it. You'll be back, Nick. You got your Ackbar ship just like you hoped, so it's only a matter of time until we get a formal Ackbar Corvette and next thing you're surfing your Batspeeder back to base at 90 knots, spraying the lot of us wharf workers with a hard etheric rudder starboard swerve. I always liked the AdmiralNick21 better too. :p

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Thank you all for your wonderful comments and best wishes. They mean alot to me. Alas, Excellence, this is the end for me. To much going on in my life, plus I am going to try and read the entire Legacy of the Force series spoiler free.

But hell, who knows what the future may hold. Even Ackbar came out of retirement when the Yuuzhan Vong invaded... ;)

If the boards are invaded by a extra-galactic alien force, feel free to call me at my cozy little seapod. :D

Anyways, this is my last post. To borrow an Ackbar-esque phrase, "Calm waters and good sailing to you all."

(Salutes)

--Adm. Nick

25. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Late to the party on this one, but sorry to hear you're leaving us, Nick. You were always one of the Good Ones, but at least this leaves me an Ackbar-assassination window, now that you're taking off. At long last. [face_skull]

Clear skies, mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.