main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AdmiralNick22's Legacy Comic Prediction- An Unlikely Alliance of Forces (Legacy Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Fel grows on me because two arch-Rebel friends of are shocked that they're rooting for him and the Second Empire. That's good enough for me.

Though if I find that Pelly had anything to do with the Fel dynasty's elevation to the imperial dignity, I'm going to drop them like a ton of bricks.

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I like the IK in general too. Antares and Ganner, however, probably shouldn't be allowed out on their own.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I myself am rooting for the Fel Loyalist...

From a certain point of view. :p

Seriously though, Fel's Empire is the Empire that fans can root for, as opposed to the evil Empire of Palpatine. Under Fel we see a "Victory without War" program, the Imperial mission, Imperial Knights, etc.

That is not to say that I prefer Fel's vision of the Empire over the Galactic Alliance. I am still a Rebel in my heart. But, I do hope for a post-Legacy comic galaxy that has a Galactic Alliance and Empire at peace. Obviously I would think the GA would be larger (once the general populace learned about the Sith sabotage of the Ossus Project, etc), but there is definately room for two major powers in the galaxy.

I can imagine a post-Krayt Empire stretching from Bastion to Bilbringi, over to the Hydian Way. It is obvious from Fel's retreat to the old heart of the Remnant that this old region is still his powerbase.

Anyways, that is just a bit of hypothesising on my part. :p

I am curious to see how the GA/Fel alliance works out. Judging by Admiral Stazi's comments, the Alliance remnant fleet lacks any worlds that openely support him. Basing his fleet at Bastion would solve two problems.

1. GA forces would have a secure base of operations.
    2. Fel would benefit from the extra protection to his throneworld- especially if the bulk of the Imperial Navy stayed loyal to Veed.

--Adm. Nick

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Core really works better for the Empire, despite the fortress worlds in one particular corner of the galaxy.

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yet is the Core really that loyal to Empire? During the past 140 years prior to Legacy, the vast majority of the time the Core was loyal to the New Republic and later Galactic Alliance. Add to this the fact that the Core has a long history of democracy. Hell, it was Core worlds like Coruscant, Alderaan, Duro, and Corellia that founded the Republic.

Truthfully, any galactic government feels its need to control the Core. I would not be suprised if the majority of the Core (with a some expections like Corulag, Alsakan, and Anaxes) would choose the Alliance over the Empire.

It was for this reason that a built up area around Bastion makes the most sense. You have major population centers like Bastion, Muunilinst, and Yaga Minor. Hell, for all we know, the 100 years between LOTF and Legacy may of seen a exodus of pro-Imperial citizens to the Remnants space. And it would appear that the Empire pre-Sith War had the resources to literally build up whole worlds.

--Adm. Nick

6. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They did act as founding worlds to the Republic, but they were overwhelmingly enthusiastic for the Galactic Empire. They were the Empire's power base.

It's not democracy that concerns them, but timocracy and plutocracy. The Empire provided the ultimate avenue for advancement of the Core élite.

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    It's not democracy the Core craves, but power and influence.

Hence they always sided with the pre-eminent power - the Galactic Republic, the Empire (until the death of Palpatine in 11 ABY), the New Republic, and then the Galactic Alliance, until resurgent Empire.

8. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    So it sounds like the Core, given the option, would side with whoever controls a significant majority of the Galaxy.

9. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    The Core (or rather the oligarchs that control it) will side with whatever faction allows them to acquire as much power and wealth as possible from a system they can exploit through their power and wealth.

10. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Talk to Randy. Maybe he can get Sean Cooke to do that. He's the man who creates the ships! :)

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Don't worry about a ship chart. You need to plant the idea for a Galactic Alliance symbol in John or Randy's ear! :p

Even if it is just the Alliance Starbird, we need a symbol.

--Adm. Nick

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Unlock and bump.

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Many thanks to Havac for bumping this thread. :)

So, I first posted this thread way back on 8/28/06, back when Legacy was new and I had pretty much nothing to base my hopes of the GA being included other than a brief reference to the GACF and the Crossfire fighter. Yet, trusting in John Ostrander and Randy Stradley, I patiently waited.

My, how far we have come. Now we have a whole GA arc, numerous characters, awesome warships, Gar Stazi, and the Rogues! :p :D

So, given that Legacy #22 shows Imperial Knights working with Rogue Squadron pilot Monia Gahan to rescue captured Alliance personnel, I think that we may finally be at the point where the loyalist forces of Roan Fel join forces with Gar Stazi?s GA Remnant.

There is undoubtedly still a lot of distrust between the Alliance and Fel. Namely, due to the fact that they perceive Fel as the main driver of the Sith-Imperial War. Is the gesture of helping rescue his captured pilots enough to make Stazi trust Fel? After the meeting on the Wheel, Stazi is probably more wary than ever. Hell, even Fel has cause to be wary- don't forget a former GA governer tried to betray him to the Sith in #13.

Or, will Krayt?s foreshadowed wrath that is to be unleashed in #22 be so severe that it causes old enemies to put aside all differences for the betterment of the galaxy?

--Adm. Nick

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Or, y'know, Fel is planning to steal that Advanced Star Destroyer from the GA. Considering the ruthless streak he has, and the fact, officially, the GA Remnant and True Empire are still at war, it's the best move he's got, offensively. Because the more powerful the GA get the less likely they are to ally with Fel, and then he bears the issue of being increasingly irrelevant, trapped at Bastion as he is. A blockade later, and he's actually out of this war. Krayt only needs to tap enough ships to bottle his fleet in, not attack the system.

I'm partially presenting this for the fandom response, myself, I'll admit, Nick. It'd be horrifyingly to read, and incredibly amusing to see played out on these boards. :p

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Sin, if that does happen and Fel's forces do steal the Imperious, thye might as well kiss any chance of an alliance goodbuy. Hell, Stazi already hates the Empire and doesn't trust them. If they steal his new Star Destroyer, all bets are off. :p

--Adm. Nick

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It'd be a twist, no doubt. But Fel really doesn't have any other offensive moves left, IMHO. His Imperial Knights are his only outlet offensively, as militarily he's completely outclassed by the Sith Empire. With an Advanced Star Destroyer... he might be able to score some victories without resorting to the insanity/genius that Stazi embraces as his creed. [face_genius]

17. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I doubt that will happen. Fel knows better than to antagonize the people he needs as his allies.

18. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Legacy of the Galactic Politic: Finding the Balance: May the Government be with you - or not

Despite all the turmoil - or because of it - I think the Legacy comics will ultimately give us a New Galactic Republic. If the Galactic Alliance Core Remnant and the Fel Loyalists do join together against the Sith Lords and win then a rebirth of a galaxy-spanning democratic republic with a strong Imperial derived military is possible. At least until some threat (old or new) comes along. Or perhaps the long dead Count Dooku was right for the wrong reasons - or is it that he was wrong for the right reasons. Maybe a Confederacy of Independent Systems would be more ideal. Not the greed factor, but the basic idea that each star system should stand up for itself. Those that can't build their own defenses can rely on the Jedi Knights. It maybe that a galaxy is just too big for an everlasting and all-purpose government. Also a clear separation of church and state would help 'control' the cycle of Jedi versus Sith conflict. Checks and balances people - check and BALANCE. Now that particular word has a legacy behind it in regards to the Star Wars saga.

19. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    So who else wants Hondo Karr and Anj Dahl to be a couple. [face_love]

20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    That's my thinking as well. In fact, if Fel does turn on the Alliance and has his Imperial Knights steal the Imperiosu, he deserves to be defeated. :p

As you said Havac, to antagonize a potential ally with a fleet of warships is not in Fel's longterm interests.

--Adm. Nick

21. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    Except, I don't think Palpatine declared his religion (as Sith Lord) when he ran for the position of Chancellor nor did he say anything about his political agenda of turning the galaxy into a Dark Side Theocracy.

22. CloseInsider

CloseInsider Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2008
    Ahh Legacy, way to shatter every mold by introducing three separate powers. I'm still rooting for the Galactic Alliance/ Fel Empire split. I don't think any winning over the other two is possible, but the Sith definitely must go. If I had to choose though, I give props to Fel for creating the idealistic non-Sith Empire. Not a bad place to be in, until all hell broke loose and there was something about an assassination and a complete take over by crazy red-skinned tattooed lightning throwers.

Maybe Cade will put the Jedi Order back together, although I don't see how considering he's a relative no-body except for his ties with Vao and Sazen, and his binding last name. New Jedi Coalition? I'd like to see a straight up Sith vs. Jedi conflict with both Cade and Krayt giving a big "F U" to the Alliance and Empire/ Other Empire and going at it one on one/Sith vs. Jedi. Don't think that'll happen though, highly unlikely, but not in the least bit less awesome.

At the very least, Cade should kill Krayt sooner or later, something everyone sees this time.

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, one the best parts of Legacy is the decision to have multiple powers. We have the Galactic Alliance for fans of the Rebellion/democracy, a benevolent Fel-pire for fans of the Empire and strong leaders. Then, in a twist that Palpatine would love, a Dark Side Theocracy in the form of Krayt's Empire.

Add to that the New Jedi Order, bounty hunters, fringers, and the rest, and you have one tasty cocktail of Star Wars. :D

--Adm. Nick

24. KNJO

KNJO Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2004
    Personally I see the Jedi as the only real hope for stability let alone stability for the galaxy and may in fact be the last becon of hope towards Sith Ruled galaxy. As much as I like the GA they have not done anything to trully endear them to the people at large after Mon Calamari, all the good they did during their long flight might have been completely undone by that ramming attack on the dock that may have killed untold numbers of innocent Mon Cal civilians. Mon Cals who are famous for supporting freedom ever since Palpatine's day attacked by the GA who swore to protect them, attacking them to harm the Sith. Looking at it from a STRATEGIC point of view the yards had to be taken or disabled to harm the Sith, but to the average person looking to someone to offer them some sort of help they now have no one to turn to save only the Jedi.

If one thinks of it this way Krayt has the ultimate propoganda weapon against both the GA and Fel's loyalist, both by them acting like Sith and not themselves:

1. First obviously is the GA and the attack at Mon Cal, and the attack on (unless Stazi evacuated the population before hand) civilians at the docks can be spun into a terrortist attack and even that Admiral Stazi is insane. Now what is the difference with Krayt he will say? He is doing this for stability and that death is necessary, Stazi is a GA soldier who is decended from the noble Rebels and OR whom placed their ethics and the lives of those they protect in the highest esteem and even in the bleakest of hours made SOME EFFORT to save those in harms way: ex. Garm Bel Iblis at the battle of Coruscant firing past the hostages then taking his ships PAST THEM straight into the Vong fleet weapons blazing (BEST SCENE EVER!). Stazi made no effort what so ever to protect those people assuming that they were not some how evacuated before hand. Krayt has always said that he is ruthless, while the GA said they are different, yet in that battle one could barely see a difference between the two.

2. Then thre is Fel executing the crew of that Star Destroyer (Name Please) that unknowingly (escept for the captain) brought the Sith assassin to waste Fel. Fel executed the entire crew to send Krayt a message, my question is how do you send a message to a Sith via ruthlessness?!! Fel not killing those troops would have had more impact than killing them, the Sith see everyone as ruthless as they are, but just in denial of their so called true natures. What did Fel hope to accomplish by killing all those crewmen who were for all intense purposes innocent, the Sith obviously didn't care about them, so why did Fel kill them? Krayt can now say he is the emporer and Fel is now just a warlord, a relic from a time in the empire no one really wants to remember, Imperial or GA because of how chaotic the warlord period was, as distrubing as it is to say it, Krayt is following his own twisted rules, Fel isn't. To further give Krayt more ammo the families and friends of those crewmen will be seeking revenge and will now support Krayt to the death, just what Fel needed. Some say that Fel had no choice due to the war, that he simply could not put them on trial or detain them, but he is the RIGHTFUL EMPEROR and it is his DUTY to see that the law is met, this works doubly because it strengthens his claim to legitimacy by sticking to the laws his so called empire lives and breaths by. By acting like a warlord wasting lives to prove a point to an enemy who does not care what point Fel makes (unless Fel meets the point of a blade that is) Fel undermines his influence and reputation with the peoples of the galaxy.

Then there is Krayt himself, and him underestimating the intellegence of the people, Cade said it best escaping him: "The galaxy can take care of itself". To the people, they may see Fel, GA, and Krayt to be nothing more than brutal warlords taken right out of the warlord era pummeling the galaxy to fit their goals and agendas. I suspect that now and after #22 that view of Krayt as another warlord may cement itself in the m

25. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    The entire crew knew. You can't be sent on a mission to defect and not know you're not really defecting. Come on. They had orders to bombard Fel's HQ on the way out. Fel also stuck to the laws so far as we can tell. His forces killed enemy combatants operating under a false flag of truce who had not surrendered -- war criminals under accepted international law on Earth, and almost certainly as well in the GFFA. There's nothing illegal and nothing inherently immoral about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.