main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AdmiralNick22's Legacy Comic Prediction- An Unlikely Alliance of Forces (Legacy Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    KNJO:

Well, in war innocents die. It is tragic, but ti happens. Taking out the Mon Calamari Shipyards deprived Krayt's Empire one of the galaxies prime shipbuilding sites, as well as a base of operations for his fleets in the Outer Rim.

The Calamarian spirit is embodied in people like former Triumvir Gial Gahan. As you rightly point out, the Mon Cals have supported the Galactic Republic (as early as the Madalorian Wars in KOTOR), the Alliance to Restore the Republic, the Alliance of Free Planets, the New Republic, and lately the Galactic Alliance.

Not to mention supplying recruits, supplies, weapons, and bacta to the Alliance Remnant. ;)

I guarantee you that the Calamarian people view the deaths of those on the shipyards as a sad but unavoidable factor of war. Hell, I am also willing to bet that your average Mon Cal would rather see the shipyards destroyed than used by Krayt's Empire.

Lastly, there is also a good chance that many Calamarians feld the yards when the battle gegan. Furthermore, we do not know the level of automation at the yards, so they may of been sparsely populated.

Alas, they will probably bare further suffering when Krayt unleashes his wrath in #22.

The Mon Cals will bare these losses as bravely as they have others.

--Adm. Nick

2. KNJO

KNJO Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2004
    Good points on the Mon Cals Nick, and I can understand if they WILLINGLY sacrificed themeselves in the attack. It is a brave thing to do in such dire circumstances, what worries me (until evidence proves otherwise) was how quickly Stazi used such ruthless tactics to achieve his goals. It makes me wonder just how far Stazi will go, remember the Vong held nothing back in order to achieve victory in their galaxy and in the end they had no galaxy left live on. Stazi may have taken the first steps on that dark path.

And on a personal note Mon Cal or Dac is one of my favorite planets and I was hoping that Stazi would seize Mon Cal like Fel took Bastion, and made it into a fortress world for the GA remnant.

I wonder if the Vong will step in and try to steer the galaxy away from that path, the path that nearly destroyed them all? What better way to redeem themselves for their past crimes?

Havoc, where was it said that the crew knew? And about their orders to attack Bastion? I do not have my copy of that issue handy so I will have to rely on you to site those sources for me. I could have sworn the only person who knew about the assassination atemp of Fel was the captian.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    In regards to Stazi, I would wager to guess that his thinking in destroying the shipyards was that he actually was saving lives by depriving Krayt of a key military and industrial resource that could be used to oppress other worlds.

You bring up an interesting point on the Vong. We know that Zonoma Sekot is still hiding out there, with a bunch of Vong sitting on it. It would be very, very interesting to see them step into a role that allowed them to redeem their entire species.

--Adm. Nick

4. KNJO

Apr 28, 2004
    I cant believe I never thought of the Vong before but it makes sense, especially when you take into account that the Star Wars ages echo (KOTOR2 reference) into the succeding age. The Vong clearly can see the error of their ways in hindsight and how they almost did to the GFFA galaxy what they did in their native galaxy, and now see that the peoples they attacked are becoming more and more like what the Vong were. It may come to pass that they not only redeem themselves but also help redeem the galaxy still tainted by their evil legacy.

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    John Ostrander himself: "As I said before, the crew HAD to know what was going on given the nature of the mission. They also knew they weren't really defecting."

They knew.

And Darth Maladi's orders: "If it can, the Dauntless will escape in the confusion, after first destroying Bastion's central command post."

6. KNJO

Apr 28, 2004
    Ah, thx for the info, I did not see that before tonight and indeed it does change things and how I percieve those events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.