main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admirals and Emperors: Gar Stazi, Roan Fel, and their actions (Legacy Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, the bureaucracy of the Galactic Alliance and my of its governmental structures are absorbed by the Empire at the end of the Sith-Imperial War, so it is reasonably safe to assume that should the allies prevail over the Sith that alot of skilled people will be available to restore the government. In addition, we know that many worlds secretly provide warships, supplies, spare parts, and recruits to Stazi's fleet, so there is a underground support structure that would suddenly be able to come into the open if the Sith are defeated.

In terms of Stazi's actual forces, the GA Remnant fleet is composed of a sizable chunk of the former Core Fleet, which per the LECG was tasked with defending Coruscant and the Core. I imagine that this force was rather siazble. In addition, other GA forces that didn't surrender also linked up with Stazi's forces. Lastly, the Mon Calamari genocide prompted many worlds to donate surplus GA warships to Stazi's forces, blostering his fleet significantly.

GA space and territory was absorbed following the surrender, so it stands to reason that if the Sith Imperials are removed that many worlds would be eager to send representative to reform the Galactic Senate.

--Adm. Nick

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Only if the truth about what the sith did is brought to light other wise many systems will want nothing to do with the alliance.

3. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    That is a very good point. If the Sith sabotage of the Ossus Project is revealed, then the galaxy at large will see that the Galactic Alliance and Jedi were doing the right and honorable thing in defending the Yuuzhan Vong.

--Adm. Nick

4. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    only if they believe the jedi, people can be stupid and stubborn. But most of the galaxy will hate the sith for what they did and the empire (moffs) for starting the war. But the sith have had seven years to tell the galaxy their truth and it will take a lot more than the testimony of a Vong shaper and some drug addicted fromer jedi to change most people's mind's. Having said that the massacre of Dac should make it easier for people to accept the sith are the bad guy's not the jedi.

and I never thought I'd have to say that.

5. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Are most of the galaxy going to perceive what happens as the SITH's doing or as something VEED is responsible for?

Juat askin'.

-- John

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, good point. Now that Morlish Veed is regent of the Empire, he is the public "face" of Imperial activities. Which means that every atrocity that the Sith commit will be assumed to be sanctioned by Veed himself.

I just remembered- Nyna Calixte did warn Veed about that very fact as well... :eek:

--Adm. Nick

7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Wouldn't it be the sith as Krayt went on the holonet and said "were going to kill 10% of the Mon Calamari? I have not read the issue so i am going off Wookipedia.

he he, Wyyrlok is very smart let the galaxy think that Veed is a monster while he get's credit for all the good work that they sith (what ever that is). Just like Palp's before him.

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yes, it was Darth Krayt who went on the HoloNet and announced the plan to exterminate 10% of the Mon Calamari population on Dac and enslave the remaining 90%. However, since Veed took over as Regent of the Empire, Wyyrlok does now have political cover to basically order whatever types of evil acts he wants, all while placing the blame squarely on Veed's shoulders.

--Adm. Nick

9. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I think the writer of the series can sway public opinion if necessary. Meaning that if a huge Sith abolition coup was at hand, there would be enough support. If, on the other hand, the series prefers to show everyone thinking that the Sith were a-okay all the time just because Veed was the public scapegoat starting seven years into their joint regency, then that's what the public will think.

I mean, Veed taking the fall for stuff like the upcoming Dac crisis is incredibly obvious. It might be his wake-up call for redemption; it might be the reason for his assassination or execution (and I think it will be the latter, based on how Legacy deals with these matters). But should it really stop the Sith from going down when the time comes? I wouldn't hope so.

It's funny that this loophole is brought up "to cut the Sith some slack " (even if only IU) when we discuss "the predominantly good" leaders and them getting some slack cut. As much as Stazi and Fel might be excused for mistakes, I think we should all accept that the Sith aren't just good folks who had some hard times. They chose this path, and they can redeem themselves by un-choosing it, but I think there's really nothing about them that warrants re-evaluation of their choices.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    No one is advocating the Sith becoming "good folks". I'm a true blue Alliance supporter, so as far as I am concerned every one of those red-skinned, tatooed barves needs to be defeated. It will be very interesting to learn what Wyyrlok means when he refers to his plans for "One Sith, One Galaxy". That sounds a hell of alot more nefarious than simply making everyone attend Sith church services every Sunday. :p

--Adm. Nick

11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Hey just out of curiosity what is the difference between Stazi and the empire reborn or the second imperium?

I ask because they seem pretty similar: both "firm believers" in their cause, both continue fighting long after their superiors, either signed a truce (empire), or surrendered (Stazi).

So why is one lot great heros and the other scummy villains?

12. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000

Appeal to the public?

Like the original "Alliance to Restore the Republic" Stazi's GalacticAllianceRemnant - in addition to getting some disposed senators back into power - promises the unwashed masses a say in how the galaxy will be run.

Which can't be said about the Empire Reborn or Bantam's Warlord of the Week.

13. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    But when he said that he was addressing a tyrannical despot who, if given a klick, would take a parsec. Stazi knows you have to be an absolute hard-case with these Imperials (especially Force-sensitive ones) or they will perceive weakness even where there is none, lacking as they are in nuance and tolerance, and walk all over you. [face_peace]

14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Something I have been pondering, this seems like the right place to put it.

Why do people like Stazi, is it just because he fights under the flag of a former government that was democratic?

Because he just rubs me the wrong way. Here is why, his first action in the setting is to mutiny against his superiors in order to keep fighting even though the war was lost. He does not even have a ligament claim to power, he is what at best a renegade admiral fighting for a lost cause and at worst a mentally unstable warrior fighting only to kill imperials, look at his first action in the story is to try to kill someone who is attempting to from an alliance with him and even after the knife i pulled to reason with him. He gets better in the Indomitable arc where he seemed competent if ruthless, which understandable, he was a rouge military commander for seven years, but in renegade, he deifies all logic and common sense to, defend his enemies at the cost of nearly loosing his Allies and the only hope of defeating the Sith, instead of trying to capture the helpless enemies he defends them against his allies. He even captures the enemy ship and crew that caused their defeat and what does he do? capture them? no, hand them over to his allies? no, he lets them go. Yes he lets people who have fought against him and who are completely loyal to the Sith go. It would be like the allies capturing Admiral Durnits on a ship after he just got a fleet to scuttle rather than defect and just say it's ok you can go back to your government and keep fighting we don't mind. I mean really, he couldn't have taken him prisoner or failing that killed them? Why just let them go I don't understand.

Know the Mon cal in charge of the resistance he I like, he is fighting for his people and he knows why, he tries to help, and he welcomes allies, he brings up a good point, the Sith are committing genocide and any who support them are supporting genocide. Like the crew Stazi set free. Food for thought

That felt good to get that off my chest.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Bumping in light of this weeks Legacy #46!

We are about to see the actions of Roan Fel close up. I for one an extremely excited/anxious to see how the Sith's Operation: Thunderstroke ends. And of course, a month after that, the actions of Gar Stazi are going to be front and center as the Galactic Alliance Remnant returns to Dac to stop the Sith's ultimate plan for genocide!

Oh yeah, I have a hunch there is going be alot of stuff happening the next few months... [face_whistling]

--Adm. Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.