main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Ooops! That's what I get for posting while on the phone... [face_blush]

Now, to the topic:

While my budget doesn't allow for much, I have really come to like the Marvel Figure Factory line. The concept is very similar to Gentle Giant's Bust-ups, but takes it a step further in making them small action scenes. Having been a comic book fan during the "quiet years" (late 80s-early 90s) this fits with my love for Marvel characters and is cheaper than collecting all the busts that have come out in the recent years.

This is the thread to discuss all toys/collectibles outside of Star Wars. All toyline are open for discussion!

2. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I actually do not collect anything else. Collecting anything else would be entirely too expensive.

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    agree, i cant afford anything else. aside from movies/games etc.

4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I collect Buffy/Angel figures and the ocassional Marvel Legends. I used to collect more non-SW figures, but I've had to prioritize because of the large amount of SW stuff I want to get.

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I try not to collect too much more than SW, but I do have to pick up every Punisher figure, and have an extensive Superman/Batman collection as well. I also have all the NECA Nightmare Before Christmas figures, and am totally sold on Medi-com's Spiderman line. I guess it all depends on how much I like the characters and if I like the sculpts.

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Once I have sorted out my star wars room then I am tempted to get some of the other toys lines I used to have during the 80's as a kid, I look at he-man figures online right now and get goose bumps so having them in my collection will send me wild.

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    When I discovered eBay, Star Wars was not what I was bidding on, that was when I discovered that there was Babylon 5 merchandise that I had never seen or heard of. I went crazy collecting as many of the figures, 12", and models as I could find. Right now, they are all in boxes, but I plan to make a place for them when I have finished getting all the SW stuff I want to display arranged.

8. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I dabble in LotR a bit.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After SW, books take up most of the rest of the available space in my flat.

Mike added your thread to the index under Miscellaneous, R_S.

10. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I am tempted to venture into collecting thundercats aswell I never was able to have them as a kid but I can now :D

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    No. I don't really collect any other line, mainly because the other lines don't have the detail the SW line does.

I do collect the Art Asylum Star Trek ships.

I also have some hard to find LOTR movie toys.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll pick up some A-Team stuff if it's within my price range. I'll also dabble in some wrestling stuff, though it's generally old school stuff revolving around Ric Flair and the old Mid-Atlantic region of the NWA.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Oooh! Ugh! Apparently I collect double posts too! [face_blush]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Alright - so SW is my primary focus, however, I do collect some X-Files stuff, Indiana Jones figures, some Harry Potter, and 11 1/2" & 16" fashion dolls.

I tend to go in spurts - I get obsessed w/ one thing - then I switch over to something else, then I go back to the other collection, etc.

Bottom line...I have WAY too much stuff!

15. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    A smidge of the new Battlestar Galactica.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    ^ What do you pick up from that line? Comics? There aren't any figures out yet from that show...I'll be in trouble when those come out.

I'm actually going to start working on my own line of Barbies and GI Joes who're customized to be the New Battlestar Galactica line of 12" figures :D

17. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I have only one thing that's not a 12" SW figure: a 9" Captain Janeway figure. I think I got her a few years ago when I was looking for discounted SW stuff at KB Toys.

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I have those BSG Titanium ships too. Pretty good detail.

19. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Cool thread.:D

I collect tons of other lines. I'm huge comic book and horror film fan, so I love to collect figures from those. I have Marvel Legends figures of the X-Men, Spider Man, Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc. I also collect Superman and Batman. Right now I really like the line by DC Direct that is based on the artwork of Alex Ross. The Batman and Superman done in this style look great. From horror films I have some Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy and Phantom of the Opera figures that were done by Sideshow back in '98, and they still look fantastic. Also have the McFarlane Michael Myers, Ash(Evil Dead), Freddy Krueger, etc. I'll have to take a pic and post my collection.

My main passion in collecting is always gonna be SW, but it's fun to collect stuff from the other things I'm a fan of.

Rebel Spook, I've been looking at the Figure Factory line. I almost bought the Ghost Rider the other day. I think it's a neat idea for a line, so I'll have to start getting these soon.

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I haven't seen the Ghost Rider around me, I think the couple stores that carry the toy line haven't seen fit to order past the first wave. The Thing is a major pegwarmer and the Hulk and Green Goblin are close behind in that status. Only one Target and 2 Kmarts carry them near me, and the Target hasn't refilled the shelf in quite a while.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    TRU was really backed up with the first wave, mainly the Hulk. That's started to change somewhat here lately. They still have a lot of Hulks, but some other characters have started to show up. Target has been the best place to get the newer ones.

Do you like DC characters? If so, they have a line exactly like this. I think they look really good. Here's the Superman one:

http://dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=4640&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES

22. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Just Star Wars stuff, but not much anymore. Moving in with a girl soon who's making me downsize for our new apartment. So now it's just some things I really like and can't part with (Kotobukiya, Unleashed, some Gentle Giants, the 6 Art Of books, the 6 DVDs, some framed prints and PC games). I used to collect all the figures, ships, action fleet, titanium, vintage stuff, glasses and cups, books, novels, lightsabers, cartoons/TV shows, etc., not to mention G.I. Joe vintage stuff, Alien versus Predator figures (remember the cheesy 90's line?), Kill Bill figures, some McFarlanes, Crouching Tiger figures, the new Masters of the Universe, Micronauts, the Star Trek Borg Assimilation figures and some Star Trek Micro Machines.

I've got to say, it feels good to get rid of that stuff. It makes you enjoy the few nice pieces you really like, makes the place look better, and brings in some good money on Ebay.

23. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I've been collecting TMNT stuff for over 15 years, but I've become more particular about the stuff I buy, so that collection isn't as big as it once was. I still have a lot of action figures, but the biggest part of the collection is all of the comic books.

I also tend to buy figures from other lines, but just strictly favorite characters. So I have some LOTR, Marvel and DC superheroes, Harry Potter, etc. I just picked up Captian Jack Sparrow.

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I have seen the Titanium Battlestar Galactica and Cylon Raider, I wish now that I had picked them up, but I would really love to find the Stargate SG-1 Titaniums that are coming out too.

I had heard about the DC version of the Figure Factory, but I am not as interested in them as I have only had occasional interest in their titles. I don't like the idea of the "blind" box, though Marvel's "Mystery" figures isn't too different from that.

25. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    If SW wasn't such a vast universe of collecting, I'd have collectibles from the caped crusader, Batman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.