main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    I got crossbones too ... now I just need Hasbro to bring on a New Captain America figure (Bucky) instead of releasing the umpteenth version of Steve Rogers.

Also, have any of you guys been following the new James Bond 007 news out of Corgi/PopCo Entertainment? Earlier this year they had massive plans for a James Bond action figure line. I thought I read a few weeks ago that it fell through and was cancelled but now I can't find any news on it.

Can anyone, especially you UK guys, set me straight?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did a Google search. I couldn't find a news story but I did find a post that mentioned the cancellation on this forum.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Me too. I'm guessing it'll be Toy Fare maybe?

----

This week's Target sales circular shows an exclusive 'Indiana Jones' "Battle pack" [similar to the 'Star Wars' Battle packs]. The one they show has five figures [all from 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull']; Indy, Mutt, Spalko, Dovchenko & Russian soldier for $15.99. They all look like straight re-packs. Not a bad deal @ $3.20 a figure but most of us probably have these already. It said below "In assorted styles" so there may be others as well [Likely 'Raiders']. Not sure if this is available outside the U.S. It went on to mention that you get a free $5.00 gift card if you purchase the 'KOTCS' standard DVD and a battle pack.

The circular also listed their Indy 12" figures on sale for $15.99, along with the electronic whip. It also said "Other selected Indiana Jones toys on sale" but didn't list them.

4. Darthvenomous34

Darthvenomous34 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2008
    Picked up Mutating Spine Abomination, Bi-Beast, Grey Hulk, and Classic Savage Hulk !

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Took a stroll down the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart and saw the Mr. Potato head Indy figure marked down to $10.00, various "Legendary heroes" marked down to $5.00 an X-3 Jean Grey Figure marked down to $9.00 and a bunch of other toys as well. Probably making room for Christmas.

--

With the release of 'KOTCS' this week, I thought I might see some new Indy figures but no luck.

--

Re-releases of several of the earlier 25th anny 'G.I. Joe' figures have been hitting the pegs around here. Today I saw Firefly, Beachhead, Storm Shadow V2, Snake Eyes V2, Snow Job, Stalker and Flint.

--

Looks like Playmates will "Live long and prosper" in 2009, producing new toys for the upcoming 'Star Trek' movie.

First photos of the cast in their uniforms also hit the web today if you care about 'Star Trek' at all [face_plain].

--

Playmates is also making the toys for the 4th 'Terminator' flick 'Salvation'.

6. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    [face_hypnotized] Looks like Playmates will "Live long and prosper" in 2009, producing new toys for the upcoming 'Star Trek' movie.

First photos of the cast in their uniforms also hit the web today if you care about 'Star Trek' at all [face_plain].

--

Playmates is also making the toys for the 4th 'Terminator' flick 'Salvation'.

[/quote]

I'm really excited about both the Star Trek and Terminator announcement. I've never really been a big trek collector (blasphemey!) but I have enjoyed the movies. It's kind of weird but I've been having "Trek" cravings of late. I ordered the complete set of Star Trek Nemesis action figures off of ebay and I've started buying Next Generation Playmates action figures for nostalgia's sake. I also went out and bought the 2-disc dvd collector editions of Generations, Insurecction and Nemesis (my fav side by side with First Contact).
    I don't know why I've suddenly "Gone Trek." Maybe it has something to do with Spock/Sylar/Quinto in the new movie.

Also, I'm really stoked about Terminator action figures because I never got the Kenner line as a kid. The McFarlane figures were pretty cool, but I passed on them also because I'm not a big fan of "statues." I'm hoping for a HUGE line from Playmates, maybe something that can turn into a line with the longevity of Star Wars. Also, imagine a Christian Bale John Conner action figure and a Kyle Reese action figure surrounded by Terminator action figures

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I go through a brief 'Star Trek' phase[r] about once every year or two my self. Last October in fact I re-watched all 10 'Trek' films over the course of the month. I've always liked the original series well enough and have some fond memories of these Labor Day 'Trek' marathons a local station would run back when I was a kid. And I like most of the original cast films [especially 'Wrath of Khan' and 'Search for Spock'] and TNG's 'First Contact' too.

I'm definitely curious to see the new toy line [didn't Playmates make TNG figures back in the day?] and I'll check out the movie for sure. And one of these days I'll pick up a few vintage items. Maybe the Kirk, Spock & McCoy Mego figures and a few of the 'ST: The Motion picture' and 'ST III: The Search for Spock' figures for nostalgia's sake.

What it really comes down to is that I love toys :p.

--

I picked up the Target exclusive 'Conquest X-30'. I didn't even know there was one. Hasbro is really pumpin' out the 'Joe' toys of late and they're selling, which makes me happy.

--

Just like Wal-Mart, Meijer and Target have "Price drops" on their Indy figures, usually a dollar off the original price.

8. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I hit up Target today, hunting for the Temple of Doom wave, and their Indiana Jones section was trashed.
    By trashed, I mean there was about 15 items left (the sale was this weekend) and of the 15, only 3 were hanging on the pegs, the rest were thrown everywhere.
    As I worked my way through the madness, picking over the leftovers, I found a Deluxe Mutt Williams with Motorcycle at the bottom of a stack of deluxes.

Needless to say, I'm one step closer to a complete 3 3/4 inch Indiana Jones collection :)

Anwayz, I wanted to let you guys know to keep an eye out!

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Congrats :). I made the rounds this weekend but I didn't find anything new in the way of 'Indy'. I thought sure with the DVD coming out there'd be something. I have a feeling when I finally do find some new figures, Belloq is going to show up with the Hovitos and steal them from me.

I did notice a lot of small "price drops". I saw the convoy truck for $18.00 somewhere [Meijer I think] and Wal-Mart, Target and Meijer had marked the figures down $1.00 from their original price.

10. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Hi Guys! I was surfing the web and found this at www.hisstank.com! Apparently it's the first (unconfirmed) look at a G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra toy! I'm posting the link instead of a description or photos to avoid possible spoilers.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/gi-joe-movie-rise-of-cobra-rock-slide-movie-toy-7725/

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Awesome, thanks :D! It's obviously still in a prototype stage there, but I like the looks of it. Reminds me a lot of the Cobra Wolf from the original line.

----

Well I found my first 'Last Crusade' figure today! My local Wal-Mart has so many Indy figures that it had to hang them on various "B-lines" all over the toy department. I was walking by one and saw something that caught my eye [barely since it blended in so well with the 'ROTLA' & 'KOTCS' figures]. It was the Indy w/tie & sub machine gun. I didn't see any other 'TLC' figures and I don't know how this one sneaked out. It was cool to finally see something other than an Ugha warrior though :p.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I picked up a few Joes today; 'Rock n Roll' & 'Bazooka'.

----

When I was in the toy aisle there was this boy, about 8 or 9, looking @ the 'Transformers'. The whole time he was saying [exaggerated voice] "It's a G-1 Optimus Prime! Oh my God! I want it soooo bad but it's $75.00!!!!". And he was hugging it and spinning around. I was [as my grandmother used to say] tickled and trying not to laugh and then this little girl who was about his age and with her family right next to me said [sarcastically] "Somebody's a Transformers fan." [face_laugh]. Maybe you had to be there but it was hysterical.

I was pleasantly surprised that the kid even knew what a G-1 Transformer was. Puts him a step ahead of Michael Bay :p.

13. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I really slowed down big time on my Star Wars buying, havin to pay bills sucks.But whatev, I know im not the only one.I think the last non Star Wars thing I bought was a Marvel Legends toy.Cant remember which one, but I love Marvel and DC stuff.

14. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm still waiting on a New Captain America/Bucky figure from Hasbro :(

15. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    For anyone curious about the James Bond line I was talking about a few weeks ago, I finally got the lowdown. That post that Fett directed me to had a link to this article at www.action-figure.com

The company that was going to make the James Bond line (and the same company that produced the UK's awesome Harry Potter line) has folded. Luckily though, it seems like Master Replicas might pick up the James Bond line next year. Here's the link.

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=23903

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, that's too bad. I wonder what that means for the future of the 'Harry Potter' line? I don't think there's been an 'HP' figure line here in the States since 'Prisoner of Azkaban' [which was out of scale with the previous two lines]. Mattel had the license @ that time.

17. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Ugh. I think I'm going to quit buying new toys for a while. The prices are getting out of hand. I just came from Target...the DC infinite heroes 3-packs are up to $16.99. They were 9.99. They were the last line I was really getting into, but that's just too much. Maybe I'll get back into ebay for a while.

18. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    The rising production costs thanks to the world economy :(

19. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Just wait until the world economy collapses. :p The it will all go on sale.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's glass half full thinking. I like it :p!

Honestly, when the economy goes soft, some people sell off their collections and there are bargains to be had. Think positive, people, positive ;)!

I picked up the new 'G.I. Joe' Mutt & Junkyard. My local Wal-Mart replenishes their Joes about every other day. Amazing how well these are selling.

21. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Just received my Sideshow Exclusive 12" Lara Croft from Tomb Raider Legend. [face_dancing]

22. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I got my NECA Gears of War Lancer in the mail the other day. That thing is freaking AMAZING. I was expecting some little shoddy piece of plastic thrown together...It's a freaking LANCER. Just like in the game. It's massive and it's heavy as all get out.

I think it might be a little clumsy and random next to a blaster though :p

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I haven't played 'Gears 2' yet but I work with a guy who is obsessed with it. He came in to work two straight days with little to no sleep having stayed up all night playing it [face_hypnotized].

----

Well, I finally found 'The Last Crusade' wave today. I already had Indy. I got there just in time because there was a woman there who had just picked up a few as I got there.

24. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I have been picking up the DVD packs. I really like these. Decent Figures plus the miniseries it came from for $20. Very good deal I think.

25. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Finally got Swoop, now I have all 3 of the transformers animated dinobots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.