main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Picked up "Classics" Universe Sideswipe, Ironhide, Acid Storm, Galvatron and Silverbolt of late, as well as a few extra's for cutomizing.(TFA Wasp is coming soon, and Acid Storm had Thundercracker written all over him:D )

2. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    More G.I. Joe movie action figure images released at hisstank.com
    If you're avoiding anything Joe movie related, don't click this link!

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/gi-joe-rise-of-cobra-mars-base-igviper-set-7837/

3. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    Does anyone else here get Diamond Select Toys' Stargate action figures? I have Jaffa-armored Teal'c, Black-ops Daniel Jackson, and "treasure-hunter" Vala(most random gag-gift I've ever gotten[face_cow] ). I think they're pretty nice, well detailed, but I do have a few sight issue with them: Daniel has no knees. I guess they thought he look better without them, but.... Also, one of Vala's hands likes to come off and it's very difficult to take the staff weapon out of Teal'c's hands and put it back again. Still, they're pretty cool, and Daniel comes with the SG-1 version of the crystal skull.:cool:...:-B

4. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I was going to collect the Stargate figures, but then Series 1 sold out and the prices jumped to over $100 on toy sites.

5. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    Oh dear, I see your point. You can find some of the SG-1 series 1 figures on Amazon for about sixty bucks each(depending on the figure... there's a Jaffa Teal'c for thirty), but that is kinda spendy... Series 2 is still reasonably priced, though, and the Atlantis series 1 figures are still available on the main site: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

6. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    My problem is that I'm a completist ;) If I can't have em all...

7. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    Ah it all makes sense now! I can't blame you for that, and I just checked out the prices for those series 1 figures: :eek: [face_skull]

How did that happen? They didn't come out that long ago, did they?

8. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Actually, I think they were released back in like 05? Something like that :) I fell in love with Stargate a couple of years ago, before they had the SG-1 toys, so I went to a local toy/hobby store and found the original Stargate movie action figures for like 5 bucks a pop.

I snagged O'Neal (My fav!) Daniel and an Anubis guard.

About a month later, they announced the SG-1 figures and I put off buying them for about a week. After that it was sold out wherever I looked for about a few months. When they came back for sale, the prices were $70 and jumping.

I was forced to abandon my Stargate collecting soon after :(

9. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    A week?:eek: I was able to get them at regular price for a while after that... maybe the store I go to just wasn't selling them...

That's such a sad situation.:(

10. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Sok. The Money got spent on Star Wars action figures and the like anyways ;)

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Well I picked up 'The Dark Knight' on DVD yesterday and it made me think about the "Movie Masters" line. Has anyone heard anything about a possible "Two Face" figure?

12. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Mattel confirmed it in a Q&A on cooltoyreview about a month ago. He's coming sometime next year [face_dancing]
    I meant to post it here but it just got lost in the madness of the holidays.
    They're going to continue the line due to its success.

The latest issue of Toyfare has pics of the next two figures:
    Final Battle Batman (Dark Knight suit with rips in it) and Arkaham Scarecrow (Really cool, Begins acurate, scarecrow figure where he's wearing a normal business suit with the mask).

I also remember hearing something about a Gordon figure, but that bit might just be me mixing rumors with actual news, I can't remember. Here's hoping though!

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's all awesome news! Thanks for the heads up :D.

14. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    They make a tiny Two-Face two pack, I saw them at Target. How's that for a tongue twister? It comes with a bronze Batman. They all have to come with a Batman.

What'd I tell ya? Walmart marked down their Indy figures a buck, I think. Star Wars is cut to 6.88-ish.

And Meijer's (a midwest chain) has Indy for 4.99 like the DC Universe small figures they marked down. Amazingly, Meijers got in the Indy3 wave too. I thought stores here had given up.

I"' still hoping to see new DC Universe figures (Target had animated Sinestro but that doesn't match my lil' Guy Gardner)

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    When the new Indy figures first came out the local Super-Meijer had them for $8!

----

I picked up the "Artic Commando" Snake Eyes and "Tiger Force Duke" tonight.

I like the way Hasbro is mixing in updated versions of the original figures with retro-inspired "Expanded universe" style figures.

A cool little detail I noticed on the Snake Eyes is that he has a necklace made from tiny skulls just like the Eskimo character Kwinn that Snake Eyes worked with in a series of early issues of the comic. They Joes first meet Kwinn, who was hired by Cobra, in Alaska so it's even more appropriate. A nice little touch.

16. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I remember that comic :) It was one of my favorite issues

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    So did I. It turned into a neat little story arc and even though he was only in a handful of issues, Kwinn has proven to be very popular amongst Joe fans. He even got his own figure as part of a comic 3-pack back in '04 [though he's kit bashed from other molds].

Kwinn

Hopefully we'll see a Kwinn for the new line :).

18. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I also collect the new G.I. Joe ARAH figures, and issue #2 of the original G.I. Joe Marvel series is also one of my favorite issues. I agree that this new Arctic Trooper "Snake Eyes" is incredible. It's a great alternate outfit for the character.

I agree that the Big H. should make Kwinn at some point - the kit-bashed comic-pack version was alright, but not great. First of all, that Kwinn was much too small - they need to make a bigger Kwinn using an all-new mold.

I would also like to see a figure of Dr. Venom, the evil Cobra doctor from later issues in the series. They have never made a figure of this guy, and he's long overdue.

What would be a cool future G.I. Joe comic pack is one that would include a new Kwinn and Dr. Venom, since they were both in some of the same issues.

19. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    GI Joe 1964 reproductions at Wal-Mart

I picked up all 4 tonight and I plan on getting the accessories soon as well. When I saw these I had to have them. I've always loved the original Joes.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice! You just gave me an idea of what to get my brother for Christmas. He's 8 years older than I am and we grew up in two different eras of 'Joe'.

Yeah a Dr. Venom would be really cool. I'm pretty sure they already made a "Scar face" [the Cobra soldier not Al Pacino :p] from that same story arc.

----

I came across pictures of some figures from the upcoming 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' movie tie-in line; some B.A.T.S., The Baroness and Breaker.

Joe movie figures

Yooooooooo,.... Joe?

The B.A.T.S. look like B.A.T.S. so that's okay but Breaker looks like a Chechnyan used car dealer and The Baroness looks like Haley Joel Osment in a wig -- "I see plastic people".

I'm sure these are just prototypes and the final product will look different.

21. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Dude that is awesome! I cannot WAIT for the movie figs ... I've been holding off on the 25th Anni figures so that I can pool all my resources into the movie line (I have to consolidate unfortunately. Stupid bills).

I want to see what they do with Hawk. Not really my fav character, but Dennis Quaid (I think that's the guy playing him) looks awesome! He looks like a cross between Hawk and Flint (My fav Joe).

22. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I picked up a Qwardian and a ManHunter from the DC Universe line. I finally saw the second part of Wave 1 at a Target out of town. Didn't find Star Sapphire though. Now I hope our local Target gets it in after Christmas.

A bit back in the thread was talk about a Dark Knight figure of Harvey Two-Face. I found a blog of one made by "Hot Toys".
    http://hypebeast.com/2008/10/harvey-dent-two-face-figure-by-hot-toys-preview/
    has a closeup of his eyes

http://hypebeast.com/2008/10/harvey-dent-two-face-figure-by-hot-toys-a-closer-look/ has more of the figure's body.

Soon after my last post Meijer's marked back up the Indy figures, along with the DC figures. o_O Though this weekend they had a buy-one-get-one-half-price on Indy, SW and Joes.

23. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone :)

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks, and to you as well :D.

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Got a bunch of goodies this morning. Leader Class Bulkhead, Deluxe Swoop and Sentinel, Robot Heroes Ironhide/Kickback and Rhinox/Waspinator and a General Grievous Transformers Starfighter.:)

26. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I was at Wally world tonight and they had their Indiana Jones figures on "Clearance" [so no 'Temple of Doom' figures it would seem] for $3.00 each, as were the little "Heroes" figures. The deluxe figures were $7.00.

All they had left were 'ROTLA' & 'KOTCS' [Mutt, Cairo Swordsman, German and Russian soldiers etc]. Still not a bad deal for those who only bought the Indy figures the first time around or for army builders.

I didn't get any collectibles for Christmas, but a friend got me an eBay gift card so that I could get what I wanted :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.