main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I picked up the Iron Man mark IV and War Machine figures. Dug through all the pegs to find War Machine.
    If you love Iron Man you can by all six version of his armor- Target even has them in little hall of armor cases.

I'm surprised the don't have a Whiplash or Black Widow figure out too.

I hear there is a Nick Fury figure coming soon, saw it in an interview with Sam Jackson.
    I guess if I can't wait, I could always dig out a Mace figure and put a little eye patch on him ;)

2. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Since posting I did a search for pics of the Sam Jackson figure and found that at some point there should be figures of several humans from Iron Man:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/02/26/iron-man-2-action-figures-unveiled/

You can even vote on who looks most accurate. Interestingly, the white people don't look as accurate. I find many artist tend to not be able to depict non-white characters but Sam and Don Chedle's toys looked the best in the pics.

3. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Just for fun I picked up the mini arc reactor from Ironman 2 that you wear on your shirt for $6 at Wally World. Its silly but hella fun! My wife officially thinks I am a kid trapped in a man's body. I guess so because I was also eying the repulsor glove. "Next time baby!" as Rhodie said in the 1st one.

~DZ

4. pablohero

pablohero Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2010
    Hi all!! I'm new on the forum.
    Besides SW I collect:
    -Transformers
    -GI Joe
    -DC Universe (Mattel 6")
    -Marvel Universe (Hasbro 3.75")
    -Iron Man 2 (Hasbro 3.75")
    -X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Hasbro 3.75")
    And others like Indiana Jones (Hasbro 3.75"), Terminator Salvation (Playmates 3.75"), etc. :cool:

5. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    Remember way back on the last page (or last October, depending on how you want to look at it..) when I mentioned how series 5 of those Stargate action figures that I'm apparently the only person who cares about were TBA? Here we are, over one year since the original release date, and guess what action figures still haven't come out? :rolleyes: I'm pretty near the point of giving up on them. I was really looking forward to Ba'al, too...

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Have you been unable to find any official reason why? Toys and collectibles are often delayed but a year would have me thinking they may have been canceled; but I hope not for your sake.

7. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    I haven't. If I google them, pre-order results come up and the official web site for Diamond Select Toys still has them listed under "Products," just with "Estimated Availability Date: TBD" in the descriptions. :(

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried emailing Diamond to see if they have any information on them?

9. Ryorin

Nov 15, 2008
    *headdesk*

No, I've just been checking their site occasionally for the past year, hoping the source of the toys would give me information instead of just asking for it because I am clearly an idiot.:oops: Thanks, Fett, I think I'll go do the smart thing now...

10. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I picked up the Lost Boys figure for David the other day! Was just checking out TRU for some new SW figs and went down the aisle with all the movie, horror and sports figures and there he was on the shelf and for only $9 too. So cool, Lost Boys is one of mine and my wifes all time fav movies, so she was pretty psyched about this figure too, which was a nice change. ;)

~DZ

11. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I picked up Mutt and Junkyard x2 for $4 each, the 7 pack of Desert Cobras that includes Major Blood for less than $20 and the comic 2pk of Cobra Commander (the Fred 7 Guard in the Armor) and Gung Ho for $7 at TJ Maxx! They had a couple of others that I may still pick up since they are so cheap, another BAT, Croc Master, another Para Viper and maybe the Tiger Force Duke. Since I am still waiting to see the newest wave of CW figs, I'm getting a few more Joes/Cobras for fun.

Saw some of the new Tron figs too, though not the 3 3/4 ones, just the mini figs and the larger ones with the light up faces. I did see the 3 3/4 Lightcycle though, looks pretty cool. I may pick up the Lightcycle and couple of the 3 3/4 figs when they are released. I would also like to pick up one of the light disks too! That movie looks so sweet, I loved the original, still remember seeing it in the theaters when I was a kid!

~DZ

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I came across a handful of the 25th anniversary G.I. Joe line @ Family Dollar a few weeks back. They had Tripwire, Barbecue and the Cobra Snow Serpent for $3 each.

13. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I saw the 3 3/4 ones at our Target and Walmart. They're about $9.97 cause they light up. So I haven't gotten any yet. Wasn't sure which ones I'd want most and am hoping they get a little markdown ;)

14. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    At Toys R Us, the 3.5 inch figures are a little over $6

15. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm on the fence still with the Tron figs, though I'm leaning more of picking up a couple, especially the new light cycle and Flynn's light cycle, those were my fav of the old and the new movie. For sure though I will be picking up the light up Sam Flynn disk, I've always wanted one of those disks!

~DZ

16. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Target marked down their Tron figures to 5.99 so I picked up a Series 1 Sam and Kevin Flynn.

I also picked up the JLU 3pack of Green Lantern (John Stewart) and two Manhunter robots.

As well as- the pack of Grey Ghost, Batman and Joker painted in Batman: the Animated Series colors.

17. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Does anyone else here have a subscription to Club Eternia 2011 for the Masters of the Universe Classics line?

I've been collecting the line since August of 2009, but I kept missing out on figures due to the White Screen of Death (or being at work at the time the sale started). So I decided to go all in for 2011. Everything was going well until Matty charged me early and without warning for the March figures. They then sent me a "Renewal Failure" notice cause I didn't have enough funds on my credit card. :mad: After a week of frustrating back-and-forth with their customer service, they finally fixed the issue and I received King Hssss and Battle Armor Skeletor a few days ago. I'll make sure to always have enough on my card at the start of each month in case they drop the ball again.

Other recent non-SW stuff I've bought:

Evil Lyn reissue (Masters of the Universe Classics - Mattel 2010)
    Tokka (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Playmates 1991)
    Counselor Deanna Troi lavender outfit (Star Trek: The Next Generation - Playmates 1992)

18. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    [face_alien_1] Green Lantern merchandise is out now. I'm pretty happy as I love the comic books. Hopefully the movie is at least decent. Just better than X3, that's all I ask.

I picked up 3.75" Hal Jordan, Kilowog, Stel (concept), Abin Sur (Temura Morrison), Hannu and Ismot Kol.

It's pretty fun buying a bunch of aliens again.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I've been eyeing the movie tie-in figures with varying levels of disinterest so far. I enjoyed "Thor", but I don't know that I need a 3 3/4" Anthony Hopkins (Which I believe is actually full-scale :p) right now; not at $8+. Especially considering that it looks like my local Walmart & Target haven't sold a single "Thor" toy so far. I might pick up a movie Thor and a Captain America and Red Skull figure at some point, but I'll probably wait for the inevitable "Okay, we know the ship has sailed on these." price drop like I did with the "Iron Man II" figures.

Instead I've been concentrating on the Marvel Universe line.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My collecting from other films is usually limited to books, comics, or soundtracks. For example, I saw POTC4 last week and bought the soundtrack right after.

21. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I bought a Thor from "Thor", yeah it seemed I had my pick. I got one with some weird transforming sword- mainly cause it had him in his full outfit. I didn't want one in a gold vest, or with a light up hammer.

I like to buy a figure from an action movie I like, nostalgic I guess for when I was a kid and did that every summer. I'd like to get a movie costume Cap to go with Iron Man and Thor in their own franchise packaging. So far all I see are comic book Caps in movie packaging.

I got a Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard 3.75" too. They come with a light you can see weird markings on them- doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, that would have worked for the first one...

Oh how interesting, I never really collected soundtracks. My brother got the Star Wars ones and an album of various John Williams music.

But what's interesting is that my sister's roommate and us were discussing the new Pirates was coming out and she said she'd probably get that soundtrack too.
    I hadn't known anyone who collected soundtracks- now I've met two ;)

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I only buy the soundtracks that I like. Of course I have all 6 SW film soundtracks.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm waiting for a box of Indy stuff to show up from Starwarsshop.com. The week before Memorial weekend they had all Indy merchandise 1/2 off. I picked up 3 Indy Galactic Heroes sets, a Gentle Giant bust, and Young Indy season 3 on DVD (can't believe I scored that for $38.)

I'm waiting for my 2 Star Wars Diamond Select 1:4 scale figures to show up - if I like them, I might get the Indy that they produced also.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm right there with you.

I've had the same trouble. My Walmart literally had 3 of the basic Cap figures on the pegs total, none of them the movie version. I don't know if they just sold really fast or if they haven't been put out yet.

I still haven't seen "POTC 4" yet (Not a huge fan of the movies, will probably wait for it to hit DVD). Did Zimmer return this time and did he introduce any new themes?

That's quite a haul, PLJ!

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well how often does this happen - just came back from my local Goodwill w/ a boxed "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" Flying Dutchman Deck playset in box - and the whole thing was there. Didn't feel $5 was a bad deal and the $ went to a good cause :) Pics plus a few other SW goodies that I found HERE.

(I hardly ever find COMPLETE boxed items at Goodwills.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.