main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainSkylander

CaptainSkylander Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2011
    I collect Transformers and McFarlane Halo figures. I don't collect everything from the lines, I just buy what I think is cool.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Welcome to the forums, CaptainSkylander.

I picked up Flynn's Lightcycle on clearance @ Wal-Mart for $7.00.

Quick Summer movie tie-in update [Locally]:

"Thor": Still isn't selling. With the movie almost gone from first run theaters, I'd say it could be headed for a mark-down soon.

"POTC: OST": It's sold surprisingly well around here. Wal-Mart only had a couple of the 3 3/4" figures left. They seem to have kept the line pretty modest, and it paid off.

"Green Lantern": Whew! Boy did they make a lot of toys for this one. And Wal-Mart had almost all of them. A few of the 3 3/4" figures had sold, but none of the other stuff had been touched.

"Captain America": I've only seen the various Caps so far, and none of them seem to be the movie version. They even had a "Winter Gear Cap". But to date no Red Skull etc. I think they haven't rolled all of these out yet.

"Transformers": There's so much Transfomers stuff it's hard to tell if it's really selling, but chances are it will. Transformers always does.

I'd be curious to hear if this all matches up with people in other parts of the States and around the world.

3. CaptainSkylander

CaptainSkylander Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2011
    Sales are starting to pick up here in Illinois for transformers, but I think its just scalpers because there are a lot of Optimus primes in the voyager size, but a sever lacking in the other voyagers that seems to be more desired on the internet.

4. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Yeah, Juke that's about the same here.

Our Walmart only had a small space for GL, Cap, Thor and Pirates. Like a couple columns each.

Unlike the entire wall for Transformers and Cars2 :p

They may have only sold their GL figures to me ;)

Our WM never had too many Thor figures, just a handful out or maybe just a handful out at a time?

Still have a bunch of Iron Man 2 figures though.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Ahh, scalpers. Gotta love 'em. And by "love 'em" I mean just the opposite :p.

[face_laugh] I forgot about "Cars 2". I know that stuff will sell. Heck the original movie is like 5-6 years old and it was still moving merchandise.

I've had my eyes on the Movie Masters figures my self.

Same here, and at full price. Heck, there's even still an endcap with the "Iron Man 2" helmets on them. I almost wanna go "Uh, guys, that was last Summer." :p.

At this rate they might as well leave them up and sell it as "Avengers" merchandise next Summer.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got my 1/4 Ultimate Quarter Scale Indiana Jones figure from Diamond Select yesterday. I'm officially pissed that they canceled this line - this figure is beautiful! Click to check him out!

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    He's awesome. It really is a great likeness of Ford.

Were there going to be more characters from the "Indy" films then? I can't figure out why Indiana Jones has never really worked as a merchandising entity. For years I always felt it was under-merchandised but even when they do, like Hasbro's 2008 line or this one by Diamond Select, it doesn't catch on.

Great review. Congrats :D.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I never quite understood that either. I guess that the films just live in the shadow of STAR WARS when it comes to collectibles. I've always been bummed that there were never any 12" scale Marion dolls :(

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah that's true. And I guess to be fair "Star Wars" does have like a million characters... and those are just the various Clone troopers :p.

I can't help but think though that the negative reaction to "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" had an effect on the enthusiasm people had for the toy line in general.

So no 12" Marion? Huh, I would've though that would be a natural.

10. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I'm surprised they never did a Barbie as Marion doll. They could at least do a 12 inch doll of Marion in red pants with a white dress packed in. Maybe make it a DisneyWorld exclusive. I wonder if they have a suggestions box?

I got a movie Captain America. That was a good film. Should be, Joe Johnston has experience fighting Nazis ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.