main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Ahhh, that explains it, they were only at the Disney store. I avoid the malls at all costs. ;)

I've heard that actually but haven't tried it yet. I downloaded a bunch of low quality Star Wars toy commercials from retrojunk.com sometime back. I've also tracked down some cartoon openings (Stuff that's not out yet on DVD) like MASK & Silverhawks. I also have a lot of wavs and MP3's of theme songs. BTW, while you're at youtube look up something called 'The beetis'... maybe type in Wilford Brimley as well. If you've ever seen a Libetry medical commercial with Wilford, you'll love this.

Man, I learn something new every day. Orbots? I've never heard of them. I get a picture of five Orville Redenbacher's coming together to form a large tub of popcorn.

Ahhh, Ok new stuff. Cool. Yeah, I had another warrior... he was yellow and blue but I can't remember what his name was.

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2197/xmen5xr.jpg

Here's a pic of my Marvel Legends X-Men shelf. I'm pretty much out of room on it, so I haven't been able to set it up as good as I want. When I get some more shelves I'll be able to.

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Nice! I'd suggest adding The Punisher blasting all the X-men to bits, but then I guess that would defeat the purpose of your X-men shelf. ;)

I finally opened my DC Direct 13" Superman and I can't say enough good things about him. He's presently dressed as Clark (those shoes were a hell of a thing to put on) with his "S" shield displayed through his open shirt. I may just have to add the Brandon Routh version to stand beside him.

4. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Oh, I got Punisher, weapons in hand on the shelf above them. It's the ML series 4 figure. I think it's the best Punisher figure, but there really isn't a big slection to choose from. The definitive Punisher figure hasn't been made yet, IMO.

Congrats on that Superman. I really wish I could've picked one up a few weeeks ago. it looks amazing. I plan on getting one sometime soon. I'm also getting the Batman one coming in October. There's also a Flash coming soon that looks just as good.

5. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I've got quite a few Punishers. I'm praying that Medicom gets around to producing the definitive version in their Marvel RAH line.

I am definitely getting that Batman too. The Flash, and Green Lantern look pretty good too, but I would pass on the Lex Luthor and Two face. That Lex looks like he just stepped out of the 70s Superfriends cartoons.

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Actually there is a another ML Punisher figure coming later this year. It's part of the Face Off two packs, and he comes with Jigsaw. This one is much better than the series 4 figure, so I'm definitely picking it up. They're also doing a really cool looking Wolverine and Sabertooth set as well.

A funny thing about that ML Angel figure I have. His head is just the Punisher movie figure with blonde hair and a face mask. So he comes off looking like a cross between Thomas jane and Brad Pitt. Throws the whole figure off for me. The rest is really good though.

7. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I just condensed my Marvel Legends down to one very crowded shelf. I've also forced myself to quit buying them. The Galactus series was my last, and I got them on sale at Target for 2.99 a piece. I love the figures, love the characters, and I love the big build-your-own figures. The problem is that they take up a lot of space. They also take up a big chunk of money that I'd rather spend on vintage stuff. I'm sure in a few years I'll regret not buying any more.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well I still keep the things I collected before starting with SW-things. Mostly it's very many souvenir dolls in traditional costume, I think I got bored with that when I realised that I had just bought the umptenth doll in a austrian/italian drndl-dress. The thing I still collect though is mascots, especially from ski events. Today I have the mascots from all the world ski championships since '82, except for '87, a couple of olympic mascots ('88, '92, '94, '06) and some other national or smaller events mascots. The reason for this collection is quite logical though, since my b-day is in the winter, and my dad has been working quite a lot with international skiing. So mostly bought me a mascot as a b-daygift, and then I have asked him to continue with that when I got older even if I didn't play with them as toys anymore. In '87 though he got me a plastic ski jumper, that I still have, I loved it but the collector in me would love to get my hands on a mascot from '87, and that's been very hard.

9. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm sure Thomas Jane would appreciate that. [face_laugh]

I've got both Marvel Legends versions of Castle along with the ultra cool Marvel Selects figure:

[image=http://wellredpress.com/Collectibles/Collectibles%20-%20Images/punisher_select.jpg]

I'm looking forward to that set with Jigsaw, as well as the new Marvel Icons 12" figures. Hasbro is taking over the Marvel license soon and they've already got a Punisher figure in the works as well.

10. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Oooh yeah, that Marvel Selects Punisher is really cool. I'm kicking myself for never picking it up.

I'm excited for those Icons figures too. I know for sure I'll be picking up the Wolverine and Iron Man from the first wave. They look incredible.

I almost picked up this really cool set from DC Direct today of Batman and Superman that comes with a graphic novel of the Batman and Superman series. Both figure were based on the artwork of the series. I'll get it next payday, though. All my extra cash went to the Koto 501st trooper instead.

11. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I just got a notice from Sideshow that my Medicom Symbiote Spider-man will be arriving TODAY! [face_dancing]

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Cool.:D I saw pics of it and it looks great. Only thing I have of symbiote Spidey is the figure from the Spiderman classics line from '01. Still looks great. Marvel Selects makes an even better one. I also have a Venom from the SMC line that has yet to be surpassed by any other Venom since it's release I think.

13. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I've collected all sotrs of stuff: Disney, movie soundtracks, LOTR, movie posters, even James Bond dicast cars. Infact, seeing ObiAnne's post reminded me that I have a small collection of Scandinavian pins from winter olympic games too.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't collect the Marvel figures (Though I wish I'd picked up the ML Captain America a while back) but I did stop today and get a DC Super heroes Superman. Not as good as the ML line, but still a nice figure.

15. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, it is a great figure. Definitely the best mass market Superman figure I've seen. I really like the whole line, and hope they keep it going. Only gripe I have is that you don't get as much for your money as you do with ML.

16. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I've heard rumours of a possible "battle damaged" Superman coming soon in that line. That would be excellent to play off my Doomsday figure.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

Yeah, and it was a couple of dollars more to boot. I wish that I liked Marvel characters more than I do, but it's just Captain America for me. It's a great looking line though.

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    For the most part it is a great line, but it can be hit and miss. They're running low on characters to do, which is understandable, and sometimes the quality of a figure or two from each wave is below the rest, but after 5 years the line is still going strong. All my favorite characters except for one has been done though, so with the exception of a few reculpts of some characters I like, I'm finished with the line for now.

I was just thinking of how it would be cool to see more DC characters in the Superheroes line, but then I remembered that Mattel is restricted to only Superman and Batman characters unless they're done in animated form, like the JLU line. Otherwise, only DC Direct can make them.

19. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Well that's just sad.

I picked up a couple of Mattel Superman Returns figures from TRU so that I could get their exclusive Kal-el in space suit figure. One was of Supes with a gattling gun and little spots on his uniform where you can make lights flash to pretend he's being shot. Kinda cool. The other was a "change to Clark" figure which looks ridiculous in his cloth pants, shirt and wig. The third is kinda cool as it's Supers with a background wall riddled with bullets with more bullets bouncing off his chest. It's pretty cool but is essentially a plastic statue.

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I wanted to pick up some Superman Returns figures, but I just don't like any of them enough to buy them. I briefly considered getting the more statue type ones, but the sculpts weren't really all that much better than the action figures so I passed.

21. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    you 2 having the same avatar is screwing me up....

i wouldnt mind getting that superman statue where he's holding the plane up. but i dont have the money to throw around with all the SW stuff i want to get still.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

Yeah, I noticed that... I didn't really recognize any characters from the latest wave except for Wolverine who I didn't see in person but he was listed on the back of the package as being in that wave.

I'd love to see a line of Star Wars figures in this size, with the same articulation etc.

23. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I just picked up the Battlestar Galactica and Cylon Raider Titanium series die-cast vehicles. I just need to find the Colonial Viper and wait for the Stargate SG-1 Titaniums to start showing up! The science fiction series that I would love to see get the Titanium treatment would have to be Babylon 5. Can you imagine a Titanium B5 station, Starfury, Minbari cruiser, and so many more?!?

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw a few of those Titanium Galactica ships at the Comic Con yesterday - they looked pretty good. If I was a fan of the series I probably would have gotten one or two. However, I watched one episode and really didn't care for it. (I did like the original series, though).

25. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I would love to see Hasbro make some of the original BSG ships into Titanium!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.