"Admit it . . . you cried." ** E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial Thread **

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwenn Force Ghost

star 5
    E.T.'s just been on the TV. And though I completely missed the entire first three quarters of the film, I just had to watch the flying sequence, and, of course, the ending. And although it no longer makes me well up (it did on the first coupla viewings) it's still one of the most poigniant and powerful moments of any film I'd care to mention, Star Wars included.

And yeah, I'd say E.T. would be Spielberg's best, if he didn't also have Indy on his CV...
  2. Hades2021 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that the action sequences in Indiana Jones make the Indy movies Spielberg's best. Just my opinion anyway.
  3. FallenKnight88 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Am I in the minority in that I found ET to be incredibly boring? Even as a kid, I just never could get into it. [face_plain]
  4. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    The STAR WARS movies are my favorite movies, by far. =D=

E.T. is my next favorite movie.

Absolutely amazing movie. Wonderfully touching, exciting and entertaining and full of thrills, laughs, heart and imagination and extremely well made in every way.

I don't know for sure at the moment if I ever cried during the movie, but I may have. I have gotten choked up and have teared up from the movie.
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I don't cry when I watch this, but it's an excellent movie.

Wasn't Harrison Ford in a couple of scenes that were cut?
  6. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, I believe he was supposed to the principal of Elliot's school.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.