main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adobe Photoshop Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Darth_Imran, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Bluescreening is definitely do-able in Photoshop... but it would take a long time to do, plus patience and layer knowledge...

2. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Bluescreening is basically just selecting all of the blue color.

In After Effects, I set up several mattes, for each shade of blue, especially around the object. I don't set the tolerance too high, or else holes will appear.

Applying it to Photoshop, use the magic wand with a low tolerance and select different shades, then select large areas. Use Quick Mask to sort of adjust the selection to make sure no stray sections of color are around it.

If it's just one still image,you can rotoscope it and manually draw the outline.

3. d-bane80

d-bane80 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2001
    SobiFan

Thanks! I'm looking to do Posters for EPISODE 3 I don?t know how to use Layers if you can help I?d appreciate it.
    :)

4. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Bluescreen work in AP can be very hard, as can rotoscoping. However, if the correct care and time is taken, the results can be very good.

As for layers, take a look at this site. :)

Training Tools

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Is it possible to do 3-D effects with text. What I want to do is make the text slope "backwards" just like the opening scrolls in the SW movies. If so, I have not figured it out. If not, what software would you recommend? Can Adobe Illustrator do it?

6. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    I'm pretty sure you can do it in Illustrator, just look for "perspective" in the "transform" options. That's what you use in Photoshop at least, so I'm assuming they kept the same format for Illustrator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.