main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Adopt a Christmas Family

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChoadsGirl, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    UPDATED items marked in green have been taken care of. :)

For those of you who we haven't seen in a while, we've had a little girl (14) hanging around with our family for a little over a month. Both of her parents are disabled and she's the only child in the home. They got evicted a couple months ago and were unable to move a large part of thier stuff (most of it was hers that was left behind... and don't get me started on that I'm trying really hard at not being judgemental)

Needless to say she has a pretty bleek existance. It's bad enough at home that she's always wanting to be over here. (I realize now our house will never be empty of children... especially with Choad here... ohh wait... did I say that outloud? )

Anyway, We have "adopted" them for Christmas. We are putting together a box of Items for a "care package" of Food and stuff for the family Mom, Step dad, and Teresa.

If anyone else is interested in participating here's the info and details. We'll be collecting non-parishable items tomorrow night and at the meeting for the food box, also, if you'd like to figure out an item on this list, or if you'd even like to give $5-10 or so to put towards something all help would be appreciated.

She wrote a letter to "santa" and here's the list she came up with... They don't have a DVD player, but an old roommate left a computer with them that plays DVD's so here's the list she gave to "santa"

DVD's

Finding Nemo
    Wrong Turn
    Identity
    Empire
    When Darkness Falls
    Knock Around Guys
    A Man Apart
    Triple X
    Scarry Movie 3

CD's

first Z, (Eminem's non edited)
    Avril Lavigne
    Linkin Park

Games

Tony Hawk Underground
    The Sims Online
    Magic The Gathering Cards

Clothes "her style"
    Which is anything low waisted, stretch and in petit sizes she wears an 6/7-10-11 depending on the style and she wears a small/medium for tops. (I have her measurements if you are interested in specifics) but she's almost exactly the same size as MJ and she wears a size 6.5-7 shoe

MAKEUP (by my mother of all people) and Hair stuff!!!!

Scented Candles

Art Kit (Calagraphy pens, charcoal, paint, brushes, etc)

Metalic Gel Pens (and maybe some books?) for poem writing

Posters (gecko's, frogs, cats, dogs, monkey's happy/smiley faces or singers like eminem, avril lavigne, linkin park, rob zombie, slip knot etc etc) see comments below on room stuff to give you a better idea

Stuffed Animals (she loves them and they all got left behind)

Bike (NOT Pink, Orange, Yello, Baby blue, or light green) which leaves ??? you're guess is as good as mine ... keep in mind she's only 5'1"

duffle bag or suit case she uses a milk crate or a plastic bag when she goes places

Alarm Clock - Digital and easy to use

Matching bed set twin size (any wild cat print) see below for further info

full length mirror for back of door

Portable AM/FM/CD player that plays burned CD's. (like MP3 and CDR/CDRW)

Anyway, We have "adopted" them for Christmas. We are putting together a box of Items for a "care package" of Food and stuff for the family Mom, Step dad, and Teresa.

We are hoping to fill several items on this list. going to come up with some stuff for Teresa for Christmas. she has 3 pair of jeans, A skirt, a sweat shirt, about 5-7 t-shirt type tops and 2 pair of shoes (boots and dress sandals) and that's pretty much it.

We're obviously gonna get her some "need" items" but ... We'll it's Christmas and so we're looking at the "I would like" area too.

All of the "wild cat" prints for bedding out there stink as far as comforters and such, so I'm making a comforter and shams from patchwork of various textured "wild cat" prints like satin and velvet and fur and such... I saw one in a book so I know it will be cute. Her room is smaller than 10x10 but I'm also looking for som

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Count me in, CG. I'll do what I can.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Julie,

OW works on Saturday night, but I would like to put in a few things. We can do an alarm clock, some stuffed animals, the bike (it's red and needs some WD-40, but in great shape), some food items, the full length mirror, a suit case/duffle bag, just tell me how big because we have various sizes and maybe a small goody bag of hair care. We have clothes, but I think they're all too big for the her. If possible, maybe someone can come by the house and pick up these items because I don't have the car space or the strength to carry them. (My due date is January 2nd and I'm feeling more pregnant by the day...)

Mellisa

4. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    We still have a stash of movies and books on hand that need to find homes, if you see any in the box that seem to be of her taste, help yourself. I'll see what else I have from my move that she could use.

5. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    I just need to say you guys are all so awesome...

Melissa, we'll get over there and get the stuff this weekend... we need to see you guys anyway about the kids :)

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Julie, I don't know if you've heard of the "Bargain Bin", but it is a store that sells deeply discounted non-perishable food.

They're located at about 65th St and Thomas and have some great deals. Mind you, most everything is a bit dented or not 'pretty', but if you're trying to tretch fundage, it can be well worth the trip.

7. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Maybe it's time to let the green deck go... It's a creature deck, but it does some good damage.
    That kinda crap tugs at me'heart strings. Even if it is black and 3 sizes small. :(

8. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    In my TFT hunting this weekend, I'll be sure to pick up something for her. Probably a stuffed animal! God bless you guys! :D

9. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    We have a bike
    duffle bag
    alarm clock
    a couple stuffed animals
    and the mirror
    Thanks Bill and Melissa :)

I'm making the quilt for her bed.
    so the list is going down! I obviously dont expect to be able to provide anywhere close to everything on her list for herfor her but I'd like to try and get a good chunk of it.

It's now looking like the parents are going to be evicted by the end of the week. IF this happens they have asked us to take Teresa and are giving us custody of her for ??? ...a while. They don't want to let her know until it's absolute.. I think it's more of a they don't want to have to tell her.

Before you ask. I don't know how we end up wtih so many kids in our house... guess I have "sucker" written across my forhead either that or "I give a damn" lol

10. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    My size... But MUCH smaller...

:D

11. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    smaller = shorter... lol.. I didn't realize who different you two were in height until the other night. lol

12. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    Hey just a reminder... if you are able to help would you please bring the items to the event tomorrow. Choad will be there... I'm not sure about me. I've had the stomach flu for the last 1 1/2 days. Still looking for items off of the list above and any non-perishable food items.

If you are planning on helping out and can't be there please PM me. :)

Thanks everyone...

13. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I gave Choad a stuffed puppy to give to her. I hope she'll like it. :)

14. ChoadsGirl

Nov 11, 2002
    I know she'll love it.. .Thanks to everyone that helped. You all are awesome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.