main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Adopt-A-Street Reminder

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nikana-, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    For those of you interested in helping out, this is a reminder about this coming Saturday's (June 18) Adopt-A-Street cleanup. Well be meeting about noon. Darksaber's area is on Walnut Lawn between Kimbrough and National. I hope to see some of you out there! If Darth_Mordus has anything else to add, he can do it here. (Hint...what, if anything, do we need to bring...hehe)

2. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Maybe some work gloves or something. Personally, I have never used them. Our street is a relatively clean street, but I have gotten a lot of compliments from just being out there and people seeing us do the clean up. I will supply the bags, so basically just bring yourself. ;)

Let's meet on the corner of Kimbrough and Walnut Lawn. The street is wide enough for us to park on the street next to the power substation.

If anyone is needing a ride, I can accomidate one or two.

3. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Haven't had a chance to check the weather, so hopefully it will be a nice day. I do encourage everyone that can attend to bring water just in case. It doesn't take all that long to do the clean up, but it can still get kinda warm. ;)

4. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    As of this posting, I'm planning on being there. Anybody else??

5. DrinkerOfLives

DrinkerOfLives Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    It's looking like it's going to be sunny with a high of 87°F. Be careful for all of you that're able to go. *will be working* :( Don't forget sunscreen for those of you that burn and water, for obvious reasons.

*Will see ya at the meeting next Saturday if all goes as planned.*

6. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    So far it looks like just me and Darth_Mordus. Say it isn't so!

7. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Now that my sunburn has subsided enough fo me to type comfortably....

I would like to thank Nikana and Travis for attending the Adopt a street with me last Saturday. I really enjoyed the "get to know you" time that we had during the cleanup. Although, I am a little dissapointed that we did not get anyone complimenting us for being out there doing the clean up which usually tends to happen. Oh, well, I am quite proud to have the Darksaber name up on the adopt a street all the same and those that take the time to assist in helping with the clean up.

*ignites Saber* *raises Saber in salute*

8. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Just wanted to drop a line to say that I would like to have one last street clean up before the warm weather is gone. Please reply on available times and dates so we can coordinate. Thanks!

9. Var_Pallo

Var_Pallo Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    Saturdays or Sunday is best for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.