main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Adopted version of By-Laws

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    BY-LAWS OF ARKANSAS STAR WARS FANFORCE:
    ARKANSITH GALACTIC RENEGADES

ARTICLE I: NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION:

Section 1: Organization name
    The name shall be: Arkansas Star Wars FanForce: Arkansith Galactic Renegades.

Section 2: Purpose
    The purpose of the Arkansas Star Wars FanForce: Arkansith Galactic Renegades (henceforth known in these by-laws as ?The AGR?) is to provide an outlet, both actual and online, for Arkansas area fans to come to celebrate Star Wars, thereby creating a brotherhood where fandom may flourish.

ARTICLE 2: MEMBERSHIP

Section 1: Eligibility
    Membership shall be open to any Star Wars fan regardless of age, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or economic status. However, minors under the age of 18 may be required to have a parent or legal guardian accompany them at AGR events and meetings at the discretion of the meeting/event host and/or the AGR Administration.

Section 2: Membership fees
    For 2006, we are going to implement voluntary dues. They will be $12.00 for the year. We will have a pay pal account set up and dues may also be paid by cash or check directly to the treasurer. Fees will go into the group bank account and be used for club expenses.

Section 3: Member Rights
    I. Members are eligible to vote in club elections and quorums, fill both elected and appointed club positions (after certain eligibility conditions outlined in Article III have been met) and attend all club functions, both private and public.

II. Members reserve the right to inspect any public documents pertaining to the function of the organization, minutes, and memos relating to the AGR.

III. Any member, with the support of two other members, may call for a special meeting or quorum, either online or in person, in regards to the operation or administration of the AGR. The purpose of such emergency meeting or quorum may include, but is not limited to, the establishment of impeachment proceedings against an officer of the AGR or the removal of members, the call for special elections, and the call for an amendment of the AGR Bylaws or Code of Ethics.
    Such a quorum may be held, with 5 days notice, may be held in person at a location chosen by the ones calling for the quorum. Please refer to Article V and Article III: Section 4 for further information.

IV. Any member may call for a special meeting or quorum in regards to another members violation of the AGR code of ethics. (See Section 5: Subsection II below, as well as Section 6) Such a quorum may be held, with 5 days notice, at a location chosen by the ones calling for the quorum. Please refer Article V and Article III Section 4 for further information.

V. Any member may host an AGR meeting or event at his or her home. The host holds the right to set the time and regulations for the event.

Section 5: Limitations and Requirements of Members
    I. Attendance: No attendance requirements shall be imposed on regular members. However, the AGR shall deem necessary minimum attendance requirements for officers of the organization. Said requirements will be set forth for each position in Article III: Officers and Administration.

II. Code of Ethics: Members shall be bound to the preceding code of ethics. Violations of the AGR Code of Ethics shall be punishable by suspension or revocation of membership.

a. No member shall behave in any way that is disruptive to club events or meetings, or shall engage in offensive or inappropriate behavior at ant AGR event, whether public or private, or any AGR related message boards, including those at www.theforce.net, www.starwars.com, or www.arkansith.com.

b. No member shall engage in any act of theft against the AGR, fellow AGR members, guests or colleagues, or in any misrepresentation of the AGR. Any such act will be grounds for immediate revocation of membership, and could result in legal prosecution of the offending party at the discretion of the victim of such an act.

c. No member shall use the AGR, its name, or any of its logos or artwork for personal fi

2. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK I just realised that this is not the edited version. I shall go and fix it tomorrow when I can get back on the laptop, wait, I shall revise it today when I am on my other computer.

Sorry about that.

Really the only things that changed were some typos and a wee bit of tweaking.

Later
    Bacon

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    A wee bit?:confused:

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Oh darn I have to reread the whole thing AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Nyborg! [:D]

It's looking awesome so far to me! Well done! =D=

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The other version had the corrections already in it, you know things like spacing and parenthesis (Spelling???) that sort of stuff.

I'm a bit of a psychopath when it comes to perfection....
    Although my doctor tells me that with the Lupus, I'm going to have to back off a bit.

Sorry that you had to reread them Henry....

Bacon

7. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I know the rules say minors have to be accompanied by a parent but does that affect say me or Jaron, we are both 16 and have been to meetings or events before w/o an adult with us

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'll get with the rest of the Sith Council and unofficially, I don't see a problem with you guys.

From my point of view, if you can drive, you can be at stuff without an adult...Our events are family friendly.

So, I will get you an answer ASAP.

I'll have to go back and look if it just says Minor or 18 and under....

Bacon

9. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I do concur with all the rules and regulations set forth by the Sith Head Council. I fully endorse them. That wasn't to British was it!? Hey to everybody by the way!!

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It was a tiny wee bit British, but thats ok.

Thanks for looking them over. (And for helping me proof them in the first place)

Hey to you too.

Bacon

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Jedi_Master_Vader

Addressing your issue about age and minors.

If you have a liscense, you are welcome to bring yourself to any event.

However, the host has the discretion to limit this rule in cases such as an event that will have alcohol served.

But, I really don't see this as developing into a problem.;

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Niiiiiice Bylaws! ;)

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, you know that you had a hand in creating them....

Thanks for everything Tim!!!

We still love you!

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Bumping so the newbies know this is here...

Any changes, updates, or suggestions are welcome.

Just pm me with any ideas or complaints you may have about the by-laws.

Thanks
    Bacon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.