main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Adopting a charter and appointing officers

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Now that the Halloween party is out of the way, we can start looking at moving forward with the administration part of our group. This is something which has been sadly lacking over the past year, and I hope that some delegation will help our group work together more smoothly.

I am proposing that two new officers be appointed. I believe we need a communications officer, who would handle our public relations (activity announcements, contacting outside organizations for whatever purpose) and our website. I also believe we need to appoint a historian, who would work closely with the communications officer regarding the archives on the website, write up general summaries on our activities, and possibly even begin a tangible scrapbook of our activies as a chapter. I would remain responsible organizing activities and generally watching things here on the boards. These two officers would be my right and left hands, so to speak, so I feel the positions are of utmost importance.

I am currently soliciting advice from other city reps regarding their chapter charters (say that five times fast) and will begin posting portions which I think could be grafted into an effective ruling document for our group.

I propose Mike Handy (Handyman) as Communications officer and Trisha Lindley (ToriDakk) as historian. The floor is now open.

2. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Here's an idea I'd like to put forward in addition to everything Navaren's said (Which I fully support)

We should have some sort of council who shares power with the City Rep. This council should be elected by the members who meet certain requirements (for instance, they have attended 4 activities, etc.) These requirements will make sure that an influx of people not sharing the same ideas or history as regular members don't overpower the vote and usurp the club's council. (example: a large group of role-playing enthusiasts comes to an activity, and instantly turns the Star Wars Fan Club into a Star Wars Role-Playing Society)

3. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I don't think we have enough people

4. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    The "council" could consist of as few as 2 or 3 people. It doesn't have to be a huge mess of a thing.

It could also include those who are appointed by to positions by the City Rep, ie. ToriDakk could be both a historian and a council member.

5. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I have a digital camera. If we need a club photographer...

The council thing is a great idea. I've only been to three meetings, but after next month I could be on it.

6. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    Hey Tiffany...
    That five times fast.
    You are welcome. BTW, it is a great idea.
    And I second the nominations of Handyman and ToriDakk.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I can do graphics for websites.

Dana

8. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    As can I.

9. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    As can Tiffany.

10. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Whoa, I feel like this is a great idea Tiffany.

I feel that if Tiffany had wanted more people and such, I believe she would have called for more.

Does being Historian allow me the privilage of having my name in Blue too? If so, count me in!

11. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    The only people who get colors are the City reps, you just get a nifty title under your name is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.