main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Adrift---a planet demands Obi-Wan's life-- Author Reply 11/28/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Aw, thank you! I'll be sending it to you as soon as I get back on campus, which is Monday evening. :}

2. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Fantastic story! although I am curious as to who the old Jedi was that sent both Justain and Obi-Wan there...isn't Yaddle that old? although Yaddle is thesame species as Yoda but only 300 years old...

3. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Perhaps.... ::winks:: Still tossing around a sequel but not sure if I can float it. Thanks and welcome aboard!

4. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Hey! I actually read this over at FF.net, but I was glad to see that you posted it here as well, as it is a very original Obi/Qui Fic. Although I must say that the killing-off of Obi shocked me in the alternative ending (I go into convulsive sobs when the authors kill off our fave padawan-I'm a sissy, I know!) I think the ending was quite good and interesting. The first fanfic ever where I've been seriously peeved at a Planet! :D And I would have to concur that a sequal would be most excellent!

5. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow! Well thanks a lot for the compliments, Hutt.

The first fanfic ever where I've been seriously peeved at a Planet! Yes! That was my plan, haha! And I seriously don't know how I came up with it, I just knew that I wanted to have an original villian and I haven't really seen any sinister planets lurking out there in writings, lol.

Glad you liked it in both places! And to be honest I myself cried when I killed off Obi in the alternate ending. Technically, that's the ending that it should have had, but I couldn't bring myself to do it officially. ::sniffs:: I mean, how can you kill off something so fine??

6. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Wow that was a good story. It's very inspiring... hehe

7. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Hello! Today marks the beginning of... ::drums roll please:: Lurker Appreciation Week!

All week fun stuff will happen for those shy lurkers who decide to delurk on my stories. For now, here's a nice shiny button to gaze on, courtesy of Layren.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/Layren/Obithreatbuttoncopy.gif]

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I read this on another site before I had my own email address and could post replies.

I re-read the beginning and both endings, and like it as much now as I did
    then!:D

You can pick your own ending, and I like that little twist! ;)

Great fic! =D= =D= =D=

9. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Again, Star_Drifter suggested I read this. I ...um... like the second ending. :D :D :D

What can I say, I am a Sith. ;)

Wonderful job! You are an excellent writer. [:D]

Ani-manaic

10. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

What a great story!

I've never read any star wars fic with merpeople in it, and this was a treat!:D

I love your writing! [face_love]

and I like how you included an alternate ending... ;)

although I like the first one much better. :D

That Mother planet was just so creepy. *shudder*

11. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Star_Drifter- Glad you liked the twist! And I still can't decide which ending I like better! lol It's the tug between light and dark side in me, I guess. :}

Ani- Yeah, my dark side likes the second one as well. And technically, the second ending should have been the real ending, all things considered...but, well, I couldn't do it... lol And thank you so much for your compliment! I am progressing as a writer and it helps to know others like my work as I discover what others like to read.

Joinme- Heehee, the Mother Planet was intended to freak you out. I thought it would be an original villian to have an entire planet after you, heehee. I tell Layren that I like to be "original", which means I don't read what others do much because then it's harder for me to stick to ideas that have not been done. I'll go "ooh that was a good one!" and next time I write I'll find myself adhering to that storyboard. Much easier to simply write and be very choosey with what I read on the boards. :}

12. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Hellllllooooooo world!!!!!!

I'm back! It's been two years (I can't believe I've been gone that long!) but I'm back!

Thank you to all who have been patient with me. Things got crazy there for a while. I plan on unlocking the stories that others want to post on, and to complete my epic fic (link in my sig). Good things come to those who wait, and I think you guys have waited long enough!! heehee

13. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Welcome back!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.