main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

adult ficton questions..please help

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chrisharrison355, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisharrison355

chrisharrison355 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    HI. I was wondering how the book "republic commando" fits into the star wars collection. I noticed it's not on the list of adult fiction or young adult ficton. Is this book considered part of the adult clone era novels? Also, are the "medstar" and "yoda" books that recently came out also considered adult clone era novels? if so, why did they come out in paperback?
    thanks
    Also: does anyone know how many adult fiction prequel era ebooks there are? i know of only the darth maul one.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They're all considered adult fiction, though Republic Commando was added into this year's publication schedule beyond the original Del Rey cotract; and is also set during the Clone Wars, thus a clone wars novel (even if it's not labeled as such- much like Labyrinth of Evil).

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    as for why they came out in paperback...
    Del Rey and LFL set up a schedule of SW books that includes X number of hardcovers in a year and Y number of paperbacks in a year. They realize that the market isn't large enough to support more than X hardcovers, but that there is still a market for more books, and so they realize that people are willing to buy Y paperbacks instead of the X+1 hardcover.

as for prequel era ebooks, i believe that DM:Saboteur is the only one.

4. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    The Hive by Steve Barnes, a tie-in to The Cestus Deception. And whilst not strictly an e-book, there's the Clone Wars short story collection.

5. chrisharrison355

chrisharrison355 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    Thanks for the help. I usually use force.net's book section as a guide to all the books, but for some reason republic commando is not listed in the adult fiction area there, so I wondered if there was a reason.
    I wonder why they don't list the ebooks either? Or do they and I am just missing it?

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Yound adults is just another way of saying teens. Like saying photostat officer . . . or photocopy boy. :D

Hard Contact is most certainly not young adult. It's proper mature reading, what any book is supposed to be. Not that Dark Rendezvous repungance.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like they just forgot to ad it to the list fo reviews in that heading, but the review is there.

Try PM'ing CooperTFN about it.

8. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Same thing with Jedi Trial. Not exactly for the young or squemish. Lots of blood and body parts.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Jedi Trial is a young adult book. Paper thin characters, cardboard plot . . . .

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.