main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Adult Swim on... is it still called Cartoon Network?] Childrens Hospital, NTSF: SD: SUV, et al.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    These shows have been running for at least a few years now, but I only recently got into them. As far as I'm concerned, things only exist when I like them.

They're delightfully bizarre satires of network procedurals, with cast pulled from various segments of pop culture (e.g., Nick Offerman a.k.a. Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec., Jaleel White a.k.a. Steve Urkel, Kate Mulgrew a.k.a. Kathryn Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager, Karen Gillan a.k.a. Amy Pond from Doctor Who). They're less than 15 minutes an episode, so they're always fast-paced and have rapid-fire jokes. Being broadcast latenight on basic cable gives them freedom that other shows do not have. I guess that's why they have a decent following!

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I watched the first season of NTSF or whatever. amusing, but the premise seemed a bit thin to sustain subsequent series. Gave up on it. What series are they up to?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Children's Hospital is awesome. Haven't really watched NTSF beyond the original spots that aired during CH before it spun-out into it's own show.

Haven't really been watching much Adult Swim beyond that, Aqua Teen (though the constant renaming of the show each season has made it hard for my Tivo to keep up), Venture Bros and Metalocalypse (and, of course, FG/AD/etc reruns).

Though I did watch the first season or so of Eagleheart but dropped it after awhile.