main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adumar: Pilots Wanted

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ph0enix, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    WOTC just put up a new feature on Adumar (as in Starfighters of Adumar) and it looks like it might expand on the book somewhat...

It tells the sucess of Hallis Saper's holodocumentary Adumar: Five Years of Union .

I also find it interesting how they use a brief report from Tomer "Ejector" Darpen at the beginning...

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Cool. Adumar was another one of those cool planets.

3. recurit03

recurit03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    Did the Vong even touch Adumar during NJO?

4. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Didn't Pellaeon or someone bombard the heck out of Adumar?

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I hope they have a pic of a Blastsword, I've never gotten a good mental image of those things.

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Didn't Pellaeon or someone bombard the heck out of Adumar?

Nope.

7. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I think Pellaeon attacked Adumar, but it failed. Offical Chrono talks about it I believe.

wolf

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The Imperials made an attempt to take the planet at the end of the book, but failed. In BP, it was mentioned that Adumar did make a strike at the Yuuzhan Vongs. Other than that, nothing.

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    "From the bridge of the Reaper, Pellaeon spearheaded a major Imperial victory at Orinda and bombarded the planet Adumar when its inhabitants took up arms against the Empire."

NEGTC, Pellaeon entry, page 131.

TC

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Do they mention Cheriss? I like to think that after the end of the book that she went on to become a pilot for the New Republic. The only reason she couldn't become a pilot on Adumar was because she suffered from vertigo. But towards the end of SoA after she's brought up to the NR ship, the doctors gave her some medicine that allowed her to look down on Adumar with no ill effects, which was common place as far as the doctor was concerned, but to her a miracle. And after helping to dethrone the old ruler of Caatarn, she was no longer welcomed there so she convinced Wedge to let her go to Coruscant so she could at least try to train to become a pilot.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Do they mention Cheriss? I like to think that after the end of the book that she went on to become a pilot for the New Republic. The only reason she couldn't become a pilot on Adumar was because she suffered from vertigo. But towards the end of SoA after she's brought up to the NR ship, the doctors gave her some medicine that allowed her to look down on Adumar with no ill effects, which was common place as far as the doctor was concerned, but to her a miracle. And after helping to dethrone the old ruler of Caatarn, she was no longer welcomed there so she convinced Wedge to let her go to Coruscant so she could at least try to train to become a pilot.

Week One is always just a planetary system description.

We don't get into people, places or things until Weeks Two - Four/Five.

12. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    I wonder if they'll mention Rogriss?

13. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, I hope they make her a pilot. She deserves that much as far as I'm concerned.

14. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Hmmmmtt.,
    Incidentally, Cheriss is spelled and sounds a lot like Cherith (the name of Baron Fel's eldest daughter)

15. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    IIRC, early in the NJO, it was mentioned that the NR was trying to get Adumar to make some attacks from the rear on the Vong.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Where was that from? It would make sense, given the number of missiles that they have.

17. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't recall that. But then I haven't reread any of the NJO books so I may have forgotten some minor elements or missed them as I read the books.

18. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    It was in Balance Point.

19. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    talon- Pellaeon spearheaded a major Imperial victory at Orinda and bombarded the planet Adumar when its inhabitants took up arms against the Empire."

thats interesting. Planetary bombardment really doesn't seem like Pallaeon's style. I would have thought he would have an ethical problem with such indescriminate large scale attacks.

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I think he would have done it if he thought it was in the best interests of the Remnant. Weeding out the bad plants, and all that. Yeah, he probably would have had some problems with it, but he went ahead and did it.

TC

21. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I think he would have questioned whether it would have been better to conduct an orbital bombardment or threaten his men's lives by sending them planet side where they'd be likely to face a population that could very well fight to the last man. And at the end of SoA it seems likely that they will do just that against the Empire.

22. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Still, there has to be something left of Adumar, enough so that the NR would consider having it make an attack on the Vong rear.

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    thats interesting. Planetary bombardment really doesn't seem like Pallaeon's style. I would have thought he would have an ethical problem with such indescriminate large scale attacks.

No it doesn't sound like him. Although it is sort of a Military target.

24. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Still, there has to be something left of Adumar, enough so that the NR would consider having it make an attack on the Vong rear.

I seem to recall the factories where the concussion missiles were produced in Cartaan were rather far below ground and Wedge figured they'd survive an orbital bombardment. I'd imagine that the factories all over the planet would be the same.

25. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Pellaeon would have known about that in most likelihood and probably bombarded the planet more than the normal BDZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.