main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advance AOTC Tix May 3 (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Darth_O, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi everyone-

This site (theforce.net) has a strong rumor that advance AOTC tickets go on sale Friday, May 3rd. If it's true, that's going to be a crazy day at the theatre. The Spider-Man crowd & Star Wars masses at the same time. Holy cow.

Robyn

2. blueoakleys

blueoakleys Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm gonna go see Spidey (If you hate Spidey cuz you like Star Wars, YOU SUCK!) the first day, already have my tickets in hand for that, so I'll try to pick up some Ep2 tickets,

but is anyone here going to be buying extra tickets? I really need a fix

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i really want tickets in advance, but as far as i know they dont sell them early... they didnt before anyways... keep us informd

4. glh3586

glh3586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2000
    What do you mean they don't sell them early? Edwards has sold lots of movies tickets early. They sold the ones for Episode 1 a week in advance.

5. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    That's true, we bought our Episode I tickets a week in advance.

Robyn

6. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i went there asking if they sold tickets in advance, and they told me that they didnt do that anymore... i also asked if there would be a midnight showing, and they said that they didnt know... hmmph...

7. glh3586

Apr 13, 2000
    Since when did they not sell them in advance? I know they did it on Lord of the rings. Hmm, i guess we'll have to see.

EDIT: they're also sellign advanced tickets to spider man

8. FluukeStarbucker

FluukeStarbucker Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I've been to one side of this galaxy to the other, never have I heard of theaters not selling tickets in advance.

9. glh3586

Apr 13, 2000
    For some movies they don't sell in advance but a lot of the Movies that they think will be more popular they do.

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    any news on this 'rumor' yet?

11. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi everyone-

I just spoke to a "lady in the know" at Manchester Stadium 16, and she said confidently they are shooting for a pre-sale date of Monday, May 6th. I'm going to call back in a couple days to see if anything has changed, but that's great news.

No one was answering at Edwards or Broadway Faire when I called (1pm).

Robyn

12. glh3586

Apr 13, 2000
    Well if anyone finds out before 5 tommorw i really need to find out, i'm going out of town this weekend so i need to know if i should hvae my friend get tickets or if i can do it when i get back.

13. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Not that I plan to attend here at home, but the theatre on Main Street in Merced, CA "doesn't know" when the presale tix for the AOTC Premiere go on sale. Just as an FYI. If anyone finds out what's up with Edwards, let us know!! I'm not at all wanting to watch the movie here in Merced.

14. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    manchester theater sucks! ...everytime i go there, the sound is always horrible. always skipping and craking and there is always at least 1 speaker not working correctly... i'd only go there if they were the only one doing a midnight showing...

15. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Jedi-Finney:

If you think the Manchester theater sucks so bad, why do you keep going? Personally, we enjoy driving out to Manchester because it's less crowded than Edwards. But hey, to each his own.

Robyn

16. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i dont keep going... i only go there say if my family wants to go there or something because they dont like to drive out to riverpark. last time i was there was in jan and saw lotr there.... worst experience ever! plus the first time i went there, the first day they were opened, i went to see gladiator. it was on the board and everything at 5:15. i asked for a ticket, and they said it wasnt showing yet... wtf??? it was on the board and the time was right next to it... but it wasnt playing yet... geeze... and the only reason i used to like that theater was because they sold pepsi, and they changed that real quick...

17. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    ive only been there once and it wasnt a good experience. id rather go to edwards or broadway faire.

18. Bender

Bender Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 1999
    I've been to the Manchester theater a couple of times, I never had a problem with it. I think every theater has their occasional bugs, I pretty much go to Edwards all the time and there have been two or three showings that I attended where the sound cut out

19. Jedi-Animal

Jedi-Animal Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I've been to signature quite a few times and I haven't noticed anything different than any other theater. Of course I only went there because they had pepsi but now that they switched to coke I go to Edwards since its closer.

20. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i think we're going a little off topic dont you gus think? Anyway, has anyone else called edwards to see if they are selling tickets early?

21. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi all-

I just got off the phone with Manchester (4:10pm) & she said they just got word that they can sell tickets TOMORROW (MAY 3rd). The box office opens at 10:30am, but she wasn't sure if they were going to have a midnight showing. I guess all of this ticket info came down at the last minute, so they are still ironing everything out. I still haven't been able to get a hold of anyone at Edwards or Broadway Faire.

Robyn

22. blueoakleys

Jun 1, 2001
    Just went to edwards today for Spider-Man, alas they were not selling tickets for SW's yet... they said they might sell them in a week :(

I feel crappy not being able to get midnight tickets.... with Spidey I got em over the internet through fandango so that was easy.

This I worry about though.

23. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Hi all-

We also went to Edwards today to see Spider-Man & the girl said tickets should go on sale next week. But, Manchester is now pre-selling tickets. We got our Midnight show tickets through the automated system at the front of the theater.

Robyn

24. blueoakleys

Jun 1, 2001
    yah but I wouldn't goto the manchester one, such a crappy neighborhood

25. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I went to Fandango.com on the word of my friend (DarksiderGeorge from these boards), as he told me there was a listing for AOTC, but not until 5/17/02 @ 12:01am. I went there just now, and saw the listing for 12:01am showed on 5/16/02, but at the end of the listings for that day, rather than at the beginning. When I clicked it to get in and buy tix, the site informed me that ALL tix for that showing were absolutely sold out. If this is indeed true, it infuriates me, as the individual DSGeorge spoke with at Edwards this past Friday told him they would not go on sale until Monday, 5/6/02.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.