main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advance AOTC Tix May 3 (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Darth_O, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    broadway faire is selling tickets to midnight showing right now, my brother went to see spiderman last night and he saw a sign...

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    In response to my earlier tirade:

After logging in to Fandango.com today, I found that there was a listing for 12:01am on Wednesday, May 15, 2002. When I clicked the link, it directed me to a 12:01am showing for Thursday, May 16, 2002. This showing had tix available. I immediately scooped up the 4 tickets that I need for myself and my group. We'll be in Fresno @ Edwards at around 7pm (ish) that Wednesday night, ready to rock. I've provided the link below for all you Fresnans (and those like my group from Merced/surrounding areas) to skip all that Fandango site surfing:

Edwards Midnight AOTC Showing

See all of you there!!

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i just went to that site and it said they were all sold out!! thats not fair!!! i was planning on going later today to get a ticket!

4. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah, me too... oh well, off to broadway faire i go. at least i'll be the cool one dressed up

5. Bender

Bender Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 1999
    Edwards isn't sold out, I got a couple of tickets today, just go up to the ticket window

6. blueoakleys

blueoakleys Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2001
    Yep, someone at school who works at Edwards I know told me they were on sale and I went and picked up 2 tickets for 7:30Pm opening day.

I went to the window and was like "Are you selling Star Wars tickets?"
    "Yes for the midnight showing"

I was like "Uhh...... no other times?"

"Oh uhmmmmmmm 4:20, 7:30, 10:45"

7. glh3586

glh3586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2000
    Yeah i picked up 6 tickets last night at edwards. I can't wait last time i could only get 3am tickets.

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    The theatre does have the totals that have been ordered online, correct?? I have never used Fandango before to order tix (I usually buy directly from the box window), and I'd hate to think that Edwards would keep selling tix, not taking into consideration the tix that have been purchased through Fandango. Anyone here bought online before and had success??

9. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    went to edwards this morning and they were still selling tix. i picked one up for myself. my guess would be that fandango can only sell so many before they stop because they do have to take into consideration that not everyone has a computer! anyway, they also said that there werent many tickets left. see you all there!!

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i got tickets for midnight showing at edwards, yey

11. glh3586

Apr 13, 2000
    for everyone that bought at edwards... what date do you have? mine says the 15th.

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    hmm i beleive mine does say the 15th, at 1201 am... how odd... odd indeed

13. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    mine says the 15th also. i beliebe its a misprint. i think i read somewhere that happened when TPM came out too.

14. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    we should go the 15th and see if they will let us see the movie early hehe heh

15. Bender

Bender Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 1999
    it might be a way to remind the buyer that you'll be waiting for the movie on the 15th

16. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah that does make sence... well, we all know that the movie is the 16th at 12:01 and it will be good. oh yes, i will be good.

17. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I'll be going to the Signature at Manchester. It's closer to where I live, and I expect it won't be quite so crowded and the line will be shorter. I got the ticket yesterday, and it says 12:01 am, May 16. It's showing on screen #1, which is the biggest auditorium with the biggest screen and the best sound.

18. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    cool deal.

19. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    My brother-in-law & I will see you there Jasman!

Robyn

20. glh3586

Apr 13, 2000
    for all of you that want tickets edwards still has a lot of them. They are going to open as many theater as they sell tickets for.

21. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    thats cool. my friend went there yesterday and they told them they were all sold out though...

22. blueoakleys

blueoakleys Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2001
    I bought Spider-Man tickets on Fandango.com

I picked them a few days ahead of time, they just slid our credit card through their POS (computer) system and the tickets printed out.... I would assume that as soon as they're sold online they tell Edwards and reserve the seat.

Anyone going @ 7:30?

23. glh3586

Apr 13, 2000
    Well they only have 1 theater sold out at edwards, and they opened a second today, soem of my friends got tickets today for it.

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Going to Edwards to get clarification on these sorts of issues would be just fine, IF I DID NOT LIVE 60 MILES AWAY. Why does Edwards not have a # that one can call and ask questions of an employee?? All the theatres here in Merced do. Brenden Theatre in Modesto does. It is not simple for me to jump in ye old car and drive to Fresno whenever I need to ask a question of the Edwards "staff". I now need to add another ticket to our group, but, I'm concerned now that if I do indeed buy the ticket, this last person coming with us will be flying solo in the 2nd theatre, as the order for the rest of our tix was placed on 5/5/02. I am still very much excited about the viewing of Attack of the Clones, but the legwork and effort that it has taken to get it all finalized and squared away has been excruciating. I hope to Hell things go much smoother in planning Episode III's bash for 2005. Thanks for allowing me to vent here, FanForce Fresno!!

25. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    blueoakleys,

I hope the words you speak are the truth. I think it should operate like TicketMaster or BASS, where the moment the individual makes the order, the seats are theirs. So if Theatres A & B are the theatres (hypothetical names), then if A is the first opened up, and I buy tix, then my 4 tix should be for Theatre A. Just my $0.02. Thanks for the insight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.