ADVANCE TICKET INFO (READ NOW!)

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Figrin_D_an, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just up on the Marcus website...

They are following suit with other chains across the country, and will start selling advance tickets TOMORROW, May 3rd.

See www.marcustheaters.com for more info.
  2. Darth_Lee Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    I'm glad they gave us so much time to make plans to stand in line...sheesh. Unfortunately, a LOT of fans at Celebration II tomorrow will be pretty upset tickets are going on sale at the same time.
  3. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I'm going to be at Westown tomorrow morning... I'm not sure how early yet. I need to call the theater itself to see when the box-office will open up for sales. For TPM, they didn't start to sell until 3PM, so most of us were there for about 8-9 hours. We'll see how they handle it this time...
  4. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Crap. Why did it have to be a friday? Now I have to find someway to get out of my 5 hours of classes tommorow morning. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I'll get some tickets.
  5. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just spoke to the manager at Westown... the box office will open at 9AM, and they'll start selling tickets immediately when they open.

I'm not sure how to gauge the demand, considering that a bunch of people are going to be out of town at C2. I'm probably going to get there a fews hours in advance, just to be sure...

If I find out anything else, I'll be sure to post it here.
  6. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, guess who's not going to be able to buy a ticket now? I have class ALL DAY tomorrow.

*fumes quietly*
  7. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just called my local Marcus Box Office and they said they have "NO KNOWLEDGE" of when SW tickets go on sale. So their either stupid, or I am. We'll wait and see.

Did you actually talk to a person who told you when tix go one sale? The person I talked to was a manager and he didn't know when tix were going on sale. I'm REALLY confused.
  8. Darth_Lee Jedi Master

star 1
    solo414, I spoke to the manager and he assured me that tomorrow, 9 a.m. is the appointed time. The Marcustheaters.com site also has a pop-up announcement that they go on sale tomorrow, so I think it's set in stone. Good luck getting tickets! :)

Edited to prove I can spell correctly.
  9. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Lee. I'll try calling again tonight and see if anything's changed. I just can't believe that my Marcus has "NO KNOWLEDGE" of SW tickets going on sale. It's very aggrivating. GOOD LUCK TO ALL BUYING TICKETS!!

Does anybody know what time tickets go on sale online? I think that's the way I'll have to go and they don't give a time...
  10. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any idea what the limit will be?
  11. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    It says print at home tickets go on sale on Friday. It doesn't say anything about ticket sales in the box offices.
  12. DarthBorgh Jedi Master

star 1
    The box offices will open at 9am tomorrow. Although I would keep your eye on www.movietickets.com. Sales for North Shore, South Shore, and Prospect Mall are all on sale now including midnight showings at North and South Shore. I doubt the tickets will sell out online (aka they will probably sell out after the box office opens), but if it saves a stnad in line, what the heck.. Now I just have to wait for Westown and hope the Ultrascreen is the only midnight showing there..
  13. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't count on there being only one midnight show at Westown... for TPM, it was showing on 5 screens, if I remember correctly. Since the hype isn't quite as big this time, there might not be 5, but I would expect at least 3, maybe even 4.

And yes, the box offices will be selling tickets, that has been confirmed.

I've ordered tickets online many times before, but in this case, I would feel better being at the theater and getting the tickets from the source... if the demand gets out of hand tomorrow morning, web and phone traffic could make getting tickets difficult through those methods...
  14. DarthBorgh Jedi Master

star 1
    Westown is now available on www.movietickets.com including the 12:01am showing on the Ultrascreen. If you try looking for that one, look under May 15, not the 16th.
  15. Murc-XIII Jedi Knight

star 1
    7:27

only an hour and a half to go

.....and i'm already shaking.....

:)
  16. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Marcus website is down....
  17. DarthBorgh Jedi Master

star 1
    Don't go to the marcus site.. go to www.movietickets.com Search for Star Wars, then enter your zip code and buy away. I think all Marcus Theaters are availabl now (I bought my Ultrascreen tix last night at 10:30). Some midnight showings are listed on the 15th while others are listed on the 16th
  18. Darth_Lee Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't understand how Marcus can say they go on sale today at 9 a.m., but then put them up for sale in reality last night already. My buddy's been standing in line for hours at Westown and if they're sold out as soon as the box office opens because people have been buying tickets online for the last 11 hours I'm going to be really, really upset.
  19. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, just got back from Marcus and got all the tickets I wanted - so if your friend was one of the guys there at 2:45 or roughly around 4 AM he got tickets. I was there at 4 AM... god, it's gonna be a long day.

Well, off to work.

Jeff
  20. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    When I got up to the ticket counter at Westown, I inquired about the online sales starting last night, and I was told that basically someone at Marcus screwed up, because none of the shows for any of the theaters should have been available until 9 AM this morning. They will, of course, honor any purchases made last night, and the online sales were completely valid... they just aren't happy about it, that's all...

I didn't have the heart to tell anyone in the line that tickets were available last night... that, and I didn't want to get lynched because I had midnight tickets already... lol.
  21. Darth_Lee Jedi Master

star 1
    My friend just called and told me he got the tickets....whew. He was there about 6:45 or so I guess, big tall guy named Chad, you may know who I'm talking about, he probably talked your ear off. :)
  22. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, I just got my ticvkets from Movietickets.com and they are for 12:01am Thursday, May 16th. That is the OPENNING morning then, right? I'm a bit confused
  23. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, those would be for the premier at midnight. You arrive at the theater on Wednesday evening, and the film starts at right after midnight, or 12:01AM Thursday.

24. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    What theater is doing them for 12:01am 5/16? I got mine for Northshore and they are for 11:59pm on 5/15.
  25. Darth_Lee Jedi Master

star 1
    11:59 pm on 5/15 and 12:01 am on 5/16 are the same showings. They just had to be listed that way to be put up for sale online.

Rest assured though, all of them are for the Wednesday night/Thursday morning showing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.