main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ADVANCE TICKET INFO (READ NOW!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Figrin_D_an, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Guys, its the same timeframe... your just confused because of the dates.

11:58 PM on May 15th is only 3 minutes difference from 12:01 AM on May 16th ...

I know some of the tickets may be labeled as "12:01 AM, Wed, May 15th." Don't take that literally, because it is wrong. The premier is "12:01 AM, Thurs, May 16th."

Some tickets may have the day wrong because of the system that is used to record the receipts from a given day. The monetary take from the midnight openings will probably be recorded as part of the gross sales for Wed, May 5th, because the theaters are remaining open until the midnight shows, then closing for a few hours before opening again the next morning. That's why the dates might be wrong.

Trust me... the premier in May 16th...
    ie. you arrive at the theater late Wednesday night to get in line, and the film starts just after midnight...

2. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    yeah, that's kinda strange having the ticket labeled "12:01am Wed, May 15th"... What do you think they would do if I showed up then and demanded to be let in for the showing of Star Wars?? lol...

3. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I know it's the same relative time frame, but I guess I was enjoying the fact that on a technicallity I get to see the movie sooner. I take minor pleasures when I can get them. ;)

4. D-Man

D-Man Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, my friend and I got to Westown at 7:30ish and waited in line with some pretty nice people. Lots of fun chats in line there and it went pretty quickly. We each got two (4 total) for the Midnight at the Ultra. I can't wait!

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, my theatre still isn't selling. :mad: I have NO IDEA what is going on. www.movietickets.com has no listings for anything within 40 miles of Oshkosh. I'm calling everyday till they give me an answer I like. I AM ANGRY!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Don't give in to anger! Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

I'm sorry it's so frustrating for you, what kind of theater are you calling? I assume it's not Marcus. Is it General Cinema? Good luck though. These people should know not to stand in the way of a rabid Star Wars fan and her tickets. ;)

7. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Oh no. It's a Marcus. I called this afternoon and they're saying Monday or Tuesday they'll be selling tickets. And they're not having a midnight showing. I'm calling Appleton tonight to see what they're doing. They're not selling right now either, but maybe they'll have a midnight showing. Who knows.

Well, one theatre in Appleton has posted times. No midnight show. I have a feeling I won't be going to a midnight show. Let the depression set in now...only to be lifted by seeing AOTC.

8. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    i don't know what kinda drive it is but your welcome to come down to mequon. so far we have a pretty small group. i'll check around for tickets if your interestead.

-mike

9. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Believe me, Mike. I'd be down there in a FLASH if I had a car. But seeing as I have no way to get there...Thanks for the offer though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.