main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Advance Ticket Sales

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey guys, I just talked to the AMC 30 information line. They told me there is a 90% chance that tickets for Episode II will go on sale on Wednesday, May 1st, at 6:00 p.m. If this is true, then this could be a problem, as I will be in Pittsburgh until Tuesday night. I can meet someone there after my plane gets in. I will have to go to work the next morning, but I will return between 4:30-5:30. This is kinda short notice. How does this affect the camp out. I know that a majority of you will be going to CII. Are you going to be able to do the camp out and CII?

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I am on vacation this week,so if tickets do go on sale Wednesday May 1,I can and will camp out.It's just a question of determining how early we want to start.

3. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I called again to verify the date. They have now told me that it is 100% that the tickets will go on sale Thursday, May 2nd. That really blows. I know that the majority of you guys will be leaving that day for CII.

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I am leaving Thursday afternoon for C2... Buggar!

Now what do we do?

5. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I Just called Star theatres and all other AMC theatres , and they could not verify this information. I expect that it is probably true, as tickets are already selling overseas. I don't want to get everyone up in arms, but this could be a problem. I don't think that I will be able to get anymore answers tonight, but I will keep trying. They could also be yanking my chain.

I also found this tidbit from theforce.net:

More Talk of Advance Tickets Date
    Thu, Apr 25, 02 04:03:14 PM EDT

the-force sends us this report:
    "I work at an AMC theater in Florida. I asked my manager about two weeks ago when "Attack of the Clones" tickets were going on sale. He replied the rumor was tickets were to go on sale May 3, but was not sure. Anyway, yesterday(April 24) a customer inquired about the date that ""Attack of the Clones" tickets were to go on sale, and I overheard the management staff tell the customer May 3, except this time they said this was the definite date. I don't know if this is ground breaking or not, but I thought I would let you all know."

I will be here on Thursday, but I do not have the funds to purchase everyones tickets. Any suggestions?

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
  7. Power-of_the-Force

Power-of_the-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey everyone,

While I will be going to Celebration II, I won't be leaving until Friday morning. If tickets do indeed go on sale on Thursday, I can go stand in line and get as many tickets as possible for everyone.

-Kris

Oh yeah, if anybody would want to stick around to get tickets on Thursday and carpool to Celebration II on Friday with me, you're more than welcome.

8. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I can still be in line all week if the tix go on sale this tursday.

Scooby, do you have a time on that?

9. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Just called star southfield,and they said they didnt habe any idea when they would go on sale:(

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Not sure on that one Huttese, but I would assume that it would be when the box office opens, and I think that is 1:00 p.m. I still an trying to get a good answer fronm AMC 30. I will be out of town until Tuesday night, but I will keep trying in the mean time.

11. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    "I have a bad feeling about this" I know we are going to see Episode II in Lapeer but I asked them when they would start selling tickets and the said "about 2 weeks before they could show it". Which would be this weekend.

I know that we are going to the 12:01 show but some of us were going to an evning showing and I was wonddering what time it was going to be?

If we have one person in line it could get very expensive for that person. Any ideas?

12. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    If they go on sale thursday I can be in line starting tomorrow, if thats what it takes.

13. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I just got an e-mail from the local Celebration Cinema here in Lansing,and they said that they will begin selling tickets on Tuesday,May 7.They also said that they will be using the bracelet/lottery system.

I don't know if all theaters will be following suit,but I thought I'd pass that along.I would rather that tickets go on sale after this weekend,and I hope that not all theaters will use the lottery system,I always get screwed on that.I guess I must have bad ticket karma or something...

14. Darthfunkasourous

Mar 6, 2002
    Just called star agian and they were very nasty and mean,said they might not have advance sales

15. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    The force.net had a story a couple of weeks ago about theaters in Michigan doing the braclet thing. And Idgie they do screw the real fans with the braclet system. Bad idea.

16. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Bracelets for movie ticket sales?

Are they nuts?!? $#&!@*^!%@$!

17. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'm with Bianca on this one. I can understand their reasoning for doing that but I don't agree w/ it. It's rediculous! Grrrrr! >:-(

18. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    I believe I have my tickets already. My brother called me tonight and asked me how many that I want. He then called my other brother's cell. I think that he has them already. It's for the midnight showing in Lapeer. I know, I know, that some people wanted to see it together that night, but I've got to promote the group in that region with some of the closet fans.

19. Darthfunkasourous

Mar 6, 2002
    Well how did he get them

20. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I wouldn't worry about thhe bracelet thing...I believe I read it was only going to be on the west side of the state. As far as advance tickets go, I still have not received any confirmation. I'll bet that LFL is waiting until the 1st of May to make any kind of announcement to compete with the release of Spiderman. I'm hoping I can get something concrete tommorow.

21. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Iknow that I posted this in the camping form but I got no answer so here I go agin. Are we going to an evning show that night? If so what time because I like to bring my wife.

Fear how did you get your ticket's in Lapeer? I was in there Saturday and I asked them when they went on sale and they said "probably in two weeks". Also they had no signs up for pre-sale. Just wondering. One more thing did you see that Episode II poster that they had out in the lobby?

22. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    If we do an evening show...I'm opting for "early evening" as in 7pm-ish or even 8pm-ish...that way a lot of dinner crowd will probably be away, eating dinner.

23. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    that works for me.

24. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    My local (Goodrich) theater confirmed they'd be selling tickets starting at 11am on Friday!

25. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Rob, I was in there last Friday and I saw that poster...wow...oh and guess what, did you see the names posted on the list? I know the first person who has their name on there. And she knows what kind of fan I am. I think she's going to give it to me, if Lucasfilm doesn't require them to send it back. :)

I'm not sure, whether or not my brother has the tickets in his hands yet or not, but i'm sure of this, he called from a cell phone to my parents house asked for my other brother which inturn gave me a call to find out how many tickets I wanted for the midnight showing. Otherwise he wouldn't have even called if the opportunity wasn't there yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.