main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Adventure Con: June 18 & 19, 2005 - Knoxville Convention Center

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey all,

I know there is a thread for Michael Kingma comign to Adventure Con next week but I thought I would start this one in case anybody had any questions or anything like that.

Also to let everybody know that Kenny Baker (aka R2-D2) has been added to the line-up.

To see who all will be there check out the Adventure Con website

2. IWFHellsing

IWFHellsing Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    Anyone aside from the 501st going to be costuming? This will be my first Star Wars costume so I'm hoping I'm not sticking out like a sore thumb and I'm hoping to get looots of pictures of others.

3. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    501st and rebel legion will be there.

4. iwannabeajedi21

iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2004
    i went to comic con today in knoxville, tn. i just got back. they had a lot of star wars stuff, mostly everything except ROTS. i did buy a target exclusive darth vader for $45. several people had them ranging in price from $ 50 to $ 100. they also had the basic figures # 48, 49, and 50 for about $20 a piece. they were kinda expensive, so i decided to wait until i can find them in the stores. kenny baker was also there today, and he charges $ 20 for an autograph and picture. that is also kinda expensive, so i just took a picture of him as he was talking to other fans. while i was comic con, my mom went to wal-mart and found basic figures # 45, 46, and 47!! i have been trying to find them for a long time! my mom is the best!

5. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I swung by today too. I was kind of disappointed that the TSWCG didn't have yet another wonderful booth this time around but it was still a treat to see all the great costumes. I will also have to agree that the toys were a bit on the pricey side but after all it is for toy collectors so it just goes with the territory. I missed Kenny Baker but I saw everyone else, and was it just me or did it look like John Rhys Davies had lost some weight?

PS.> wannabeajedi: Your mom can't be the best because mine already is. I mean she doesn't buy me toys or gadgets anymore, but on occasion she is known to bake some great desserts and that's all I need to put her in the top spot.

PPS.> Brownies rule! :D

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Drove up from Memphis with a buddy to see it. Had a good time. Gotta say I liked the location of last year's better- and I did miss seeing some of the other booths, like the TSWCG and the female celebs.

Did run into a lot of the 501st folks I've gotten to know from MidSouthCon and TFN. Picked up a few items here and there. I got them for a reasonable price, but I did see a few other things I wanted that were just out of my price range. I wish I had a few more buck$ and time. There were bargains there, you just had to look.

As far as the autographs go, Kenny at $20 was reasonable. Dave PRowse and Anthony Daniels were both charging $25 last year. I don't mind paying $15-25 for a good color shot, or $10-15 for a good b/w, especially if they are very nice and don't mind you having a picture made with them Anthony daniels had one of the best autograph set ups I've ever seen. I wish more would do it his way.

This year Adam West was a bit much at $35 for b/w, $45 for color, and $50 for his book. Lou as always was charging about $20 for everything, even taking a picture with him. I know there are autograph hounds out there, but it's the fans who get the short end of it at shows like that, especially from those two. A lot of times they looked as if they could care less about being there or meeting any of the fans. I haven't had a good experience with either at a show.

On the other hand Kenny Baker was great, and his son Kevin was nice to talk to. Robert Englund was having fun with the fans and hamming it up for the kids. He even asked us about music in Memphis. John Ryes-Davies was just a complete gentelman and really took time out to talk to fans- great voice! I don't even think I saw him leave his table. He was still going when they were shutting down the place on Saturday.

My buddy Kevin and I shared booth space with Steve Stanley. It was good to see him again. The guy can draw! I was there to promote my comic 'Bushi Tales' and Kevin was there to promote his puppet character Muley and the MSCA comic we both worked on.

I missed Sunday, but we got to spend some time with friends in Chattanooga before heading home for Memphis.

Overall it was a great show. Hope I can make it back next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.