main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adventure Ideas go Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Magellan_the_Cat, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    So, anyone else posting ideas? Maybe one you've already run and finished so your players can't cheat by looking up the plot here?

2. shadesofkin

shadesofkin Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2009
    I only just got my players interested in Star Wars again, but when I presented this plot idea to them they all seemed to suddenly take notice, and now I cannot get them to stop bringing it up.

Luke was captured in Cloud City,

Afterwards, Emperor Palpatine sensed through the force that there was something amiss in the Force and demanded that Lord Vader discover what it was that he felt, Vader in search of the Emperors sense, discovers Leia is also Force Sensitive, and through a sudden and unknown connection to the Cosmic Force, realizes that she is his daughter as well.

Chasing her, Lando, Chewbacca, and the rest down, he finally succeeds in capturing her, only to refuse to bring her to Palpatine, and instead begins to train her in the ways of the Dark Side. Refusing, he uses torture, both of her and her allies, as well as promises to release Han to her to persuade her to accept the Dark Side of the Force.

In a soul shattering event, he finally allows Palpatine access to Leia who proceeds to conduct Force Lightning through her shackles in a sick and twisted game of torture.
    Leia finally lets herself slide into hate, despair, rage, and madness, and in that final moment releases her Skywalker heritage by destroying the bindings holding her and striking down the Emperor with all the fury of the Dark Side of the Force.

On pure maddened instinct she rips free from the Emperors mind, every bit of knowledge of the Force and the Empire that she can, and takes the Empire for herself, taking Vader on as advisor, and teacher (though she refuses to call him master) Leia rips Han from the clutches of Jabba, killing the crime lord and ending his control of outer rim space.

Han released from carbonite is at first, reluctant to join Leia, but in the end succumbs to his love for her and is appointed consort and new Grand Admiral of the New Imperial Order Armada. Chewbacca an Han have a falling out over this, Chewie warns his life debt is through if Han chooses the Empire over freedom, Han begs Chewie to reconsider, claiming that under Leia things will be different, and already she has changed the xenophobic rules about non-human storm troopers and officers as well as other things.

Chewie abandons the friendship, taking the Millennium Falcon with him as a parting gift from his former partner and in a surprising move, declares a New Rebellion against the Sith Empress now known to the Galaxy as Darth Winter (named after her beloved sister whom she killed when she refused to join her) he and a group of freedom fighters attack the Empress' fleet wherever they can be found.

The Empress has learned from the mistakes made by Palpatine and has enacted a program calling for all who wish to learn the ways of the Force to come to her, in reality she is locking them in Carbonite much as her brother and lover were, though no one knows this, they are kept in a gallery, with Luke being the most important and beloved piece of them all.

Things have changed, and many of the planets who were teetering on the edge of joining the rebellion see this change as a positive one, the Rebellion has also changed, no longer looked at as a misbehaved child to be corrected, the Sith Empress has sent her troops to hunt and destroy every last one of the rogue civilians acting against her.

The players are those few people who still believe that things must change, that one despot is the same as another, and they have only traded Palpatine for an even more dark and twisted ruler. One who, if the rumors are true, is searching for devices created by ancient races, that have the ability to create an entire planet...

3. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Interesting campaign set-up. I like it.
    Good job.

How much interaction are the players going to have with the Main Heroes?

4. shadesofkin

shadesofkin Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2009
    I intend for them to answer to Commander Antillies (sp?) as their commanding officer, but in time I'd like for them to eventually answer to Chewbacca and with luck bring them face to face with other main heroes, such as Lando.

In the end though, this game is primarily about making the heroes something that isnt like anything they recall from the movies, Chewie has a metal arm from a battle between himself and Grand Admiral Han, while Lando is now a ruthless space pirate/rebel on the side of the Rebellion who cares more for taking down this new threat than he does money and looks, meanwhile the players may have a chance to change things, by going to places that Luke should have, such as Dagobah

5. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    What about a cursed lightsaber story?

A lightsaber which could change its color and lure jedi toward the dark side.

Like Arthas and Frostwhatever.

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yes, but is messes with my sense of continuity. I did do that sort of thing in a fan fic once, yet he was undercover and I got a nice "Et Tu, Brute?" moment from Mace Windu.

With my group, the campaign has pretty much been me making it up as I went along and then I'm taking a break from the chair. (I've never actually played) It's just some dark jedi chick that I cooked up in the first adventure who's become the recurring villain though they never see her for more than thirty seconds before some Jedi who is in the area takes her on. Yet they have heard about her, she's doing some sort of experiments on Force-sensitives which involves kidnapping children, and the session before last she kidnapped on of the PCs. I've cooked something up with the player, but I'm not letting on yet but I guess it is a way of getting around giving players solo adventures if you take their character away form the party.

But what I really wanted to talk about was the session yesterday. As it's the Clone Wars, I had the players go to a disputed planet (Umbara, a nice blank slate that I could so what I liked with) and had a few little things that slishglty interfered with their ability to do things.

* They were not allowed to leave the city without a commission of some sort from either the Republic or the city authorities, so really they had to follow my plot rails.
    * There were shortages in the city which meant they couldn't equip their ship as well as they wanted, and prices were inflated for gear. (Particuarly tents)
    * The city was under frequent attack from the air, and this means air raids. I got myself a nice loud siren and set it off when they were in the cantina. [face_devil]
    * When they got to the Republic front lines where there's an NPC Jedi that know them, they pretty much had to behave themselves and do what they were told. But, I gave them a wonderful land battle with tanks and music.

It's still half-way there, they players are asleep when we finished and they are going be woken up the next morning with a nice air raid. :cool:

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I just ran the party into this. Originally it was a side-note to the last adventure that their source of information on this planet had suddenly stopped reporting in, so they didn't have current information.
    They came across an Imp officer's dead body in an alley: on slice through his hamstring, one stab in the chest, one slash through the throat. They took the uniform got it cleaned, and left the naked body in the alley.
    They were sent back to see what the reprocussions of their last raid were, and to find out what happened to the intel source. The source was, of course, dead, but they found evidence of the child, and went looking for her and the source of the dead imps, not putting the pieces together at first (I through in about 4 red herrings). They catch her just after she sliced the Imp's leg open, dropping him to his knees. They start chasing her as she's stabbing at his chest, but the imp blocks. One of the players shoots the imp with a stun blast, and the party runs down the alley after her (for the 3rd time!). She 'D'OH's and slips in some trash, allowing them to catch up. The wookie rolls his 9D of brawling to grab her so she can't get away. She rolls her 2D (yes, she's been getting lucky evading the IMPS and party alike with only 2D in all skills). His roll is a 27--little below average. She rolled boxcars. And the Wild die rolls again--6. And again--6. And again--6. A 7-yo child with 2D rolled a 34 to not get grabbed by a wookie with 9D!!! Talk about embarrassing!!!

And Han Solo stepped on the only dry twig in the Endor Rain Forest.
    Unfortunately, by the time the party figured out what was happening, the girl is a twisted mess. So far, they've appeased her while getting her offworld. As soon as the rebels start to make demands or not let her have her own way, there's going to be a very messy incident at the rebel base.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    A Voice from the Past:
    Messages are sent out through the Invisible Market, through anonymous electronic communications, and even through some government channels: An explorer has returned from the far reaches with a Jedi Knight that has been locked in stassis for over 80 years, and is willing to turn it over to the highest bidder.
    The Republic will be shocked at this crass an vulgar attempt to profit from selling a sentient being at auction. The Empire will be ready to kill it. The Rebel Alliance will do almost anything to revive the Jedi Order, even if it means consorting with criminal scum.

Auction is set up on densely populated world. While capital ships could saturation bomb it, the loss of manufacturing and capital, as well as the propaganda value of such behavior is counter-productive. Much better to try to win the auction or, failing that, destroy everything in the building.

The player's mission: to get the Jedi. The building itself is part of a large, expensive hotel/hospitality complex. There are way too many ways in to cover all of them. There are representatives from all of the noble houses of Tapani, several criminal organizations, the empire, the rebel alliance(probablly the party) and other wealthy individuals. The chance to own a Jedi is not common.

If the players haven't blown up the building or otherwise caused the auction to be rescheduled, it starts on time. An elderly human male in a repulsorlift chair takes the stage and introduces himself as Baron Owen, formerly of House Mecetti, and Galactic explorer. During his younger days, his expedition was blown off course by a hyperdrive mishap, and the Jedi with them was mortally wounded. To save his life, he was placed into a hybernation cylander. No, Baron Owen has at last returned, and wishes his friend to have someone with walth an power to guide his fallen comrade through the dangerous new age--someone who can protect him and be his new friends. Baron Owen is nearly 120 years old, and doesn't expect to live much longer. The procedes from the auction will be set to a private account that only the Jedi will be able to access.
    And the Auction begins The party should be quickly outbid. House Mecetti and the Empire with both eventually outbid House Pelagia. Who actually wins the auction isn't important. Empire,, Mecetti, mysterious stranger who walks in at the last minute...whatever you like.
    At the end of the auction, if the empire doesn't win, storm troopers come in through all entrances (2 at each) level riffles at the hybernation cylander, fire twice, destroying it utterly, and (unless someone attacks them) leave with the imperial representative.
    This will draw shock and outrage from all assembled. Might be a good way for the players wto make new friends/contacts.

Sometime after the crowd disperses, Baron Owen will contact the party privately. He will tell them he thinks they would be the best providers for a new hom for his friend, that the cylander on display was actually a fake because he feared for his frined's life, and that he's willing to release his friend to them for (he gives a number that is 1/10 of twhatever their last bid was).

OK: the backstory: Baron Owen was a minor noble within House Mecetti 80 years ago who attempted to usurp tcontrol of the entire house and was making a play for the governance of the entire Tapani sector when the Jedi order and their agents managed to sabotage his plans. He fled with a fleet of ships for the Kathol Outback. One of the many plans and operations he had financed was to produce his own army of anti-jedi. They were a combinatioin of his own genetic material with that of a Jedi he'd captured, drugged, and harvested. The quasi-clones were then incubated, fed a variety of psychtropics as they matured, and given a mixed brainwashing regimen of Manalorian, Malcite, and sith-like training. Most of the early experiments were psychotic and paranoid. Eventually, he perfected the regimen and process to his satisfaction. Or as close as he can get, as at 130 years old, he doesn't expece to li

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    A new type of slave.
    The disastrous failure of the Katana fleet lead to the concept of ships slaved together largely being abandoned, but every once in a while, someone thinks it might be a great way to save a few credits, and digs it out.
    The rebels (or whomever the party work for) have learned of a large supply of military surplus being transported in a convoy, and are sending the party to seize it.
    The empty convoy ships are starting near the planet of Yefflam Prime where techs have installed the slave drive computers on most of the ships, and the slave controller on the lead. Their trip to Corbis 2, a Tarong colony world with an orbital station that is a trade hub, will act as a test run. There they will pick up their goods, transfer off surplus crew from the slaved ships, and procede to Kenlis, a military depot. The next stop on the itinerary is to take the materiel to a COMPNor Garrison.
    Ideally, the party will board at Yefflam or Corbis, establish themselves as crew, than take over the lead ship. After the first leg, the system will have been "proven" reliable. All ships in the convoy will respond and follow the lead ship anywhere, move for move. (Hyperspace jumps have programmed safeties to avoid collisions).
    All the party has to do is seize the bridge and engine room, and incapacitate the crew. Then enter new coordinates into the navicomputer. Make it tough though. Some crew should resist. Maybe work to sabotage the ship--make it drop out from lightspeed unexpectedly, activate a distress beacon, or even a second team trying to hijack the convoy for themselves. A pirate fleet sets up their famous asteroid ambush along the route somewhere?

10. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    It's once again a period of galactic turmoil, and the Republic/Rebellion/Republic/Rebellion forces have received word that the Sith/CIS/Empire/Remenant/Sith Empire have established a research facility on a remote jungle planet in Wild Space/Outer Rim/Unknown Regions (essentially, past the edge of civilization). They send a crack team in to take it down and destroy anything that might strengthen their enemies. They send a single craft in to take them by surprise, to circle around the planet and fly low over the trees to avoid the sensors.

Unfortunately, it's a trap. The craft is tagged by missiles/fighters and it's heading down. It's up to the pilot to keep it level as long as he dares as he tries to find a place to (crash)land. Maybe he lands in a deep river and avoids the shock of an impact, but the ship is sinking, supplies are being ruined, and if they stick around too long they're going to find out that there's something big in here. Maybe they hit somewhere dry, but the shock damages the craft and injures some of the passengers, and once again it's probably not a good idea to hang around too long taking stock and making repairs. Or maybe you land in a giant tree, it's a long way down, and things start swaying precariously when you move.

Anyways, you're at least a few days, if not weeks from the facility, with hundreds of kilometers of rough terrain and really mean wildlife ahead of you. Supplies are low, there's a really good chance of getting diseased or poisoned, and with your luck there's probably a Nightsister (or similar wilderness-themed Force user) throwing foul weather and charmed animals at you. The group may or may not run into listening stations or remote alarms and suddenly find a bomber dropping an incendiary bomb on their section of the forest. And then the mutants start showing up...

Are they cybernetic, genetically modified, treated with Sith Alchemy, Shaped, or maybe all of the above? Personally, I'd go for some sort of cybernetic beast maybe enhanced with some sort of electronic network that allows them to communicate with each other among your typical enhancements. The PCs might notice that the beasts are coming when their commlinks are suddenly filled with static- of course, the things may also be drawn to communication systems... so the PCs better get used to keeping each other within a very short distance.

Eventually, the squad reaches the facility, but the place looks a warzone. Doors have been smashed in, things everywhere are wrecked, and the place seems to be abandoned. Wait, scratch that. There's definitely things living here, it's just that most of them aren't what you'd call human. Things went belly-up in a bad way, and the facility has been effectively divided. There might be a few pockets of survivors holed away, but the power has been cut and the sections of the base that aren't sealed off are presently... inhabited.

Piecing together clues from damaged logs and survivors, the team begins to get a sense of what happened. Apparently, they were experimenting with a (local?) hive-minded species/organism, attempting to Transfer the Essence of a powerful Dark Side user in order to assume control over the entire hive. By using Sith Alchemy, they theorized that could adapt other beings to make them receptive to the hive, creating an exponentially-growing mind which could potentially dominate worlds. Unfortunately, things didn't quite go as planned. The strain was apparently too much, and several of the would-be hive initiates were able to break free, taking with them some of the Dark Sider's knowledge of the Force. There now exist several factions spread throughout the multiple buildings of the complex, each incredibly hostile to outsiders yet still looking for new blood (such the facility's AI confined to a small area with emergency power, repair droids, mechanical traps, and a desire for order, or the different hives each with their own unique monsters, or the various humanoid survivors locked away as supplies dwindle and they get very hungry)

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OOoohh, I like it. Very nice...
    Bits of Alien, Jurassic Park, and Resident Evil, all nicely mixed together.

12. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2009
    Congrats LightWarden,

Was thinking of throwing my PCs into a battle with both Alien and Predator type beings, Im in the middle of creating the stats and backgrounds for them at the minute. It is pretty tough going cos I havnt really any stat blocks to ammend so I have to start from scratch, probably gonna take a few more days.
    I really like your idea and can see me using something along those lines when I finally get the NPCs sorted.
    Essentially I am trying to create two new races, ie Aliens and Predators.
    Will probably post on here again when I get something more solid on paper and see what you guys think. All feedback would be extremely welcome.
    Anyway gotta go and work out some stats for the Predators Plasmacaster and the like.

By the way, has anyone out there done a conversion for either Aliens or Predators to suit SW Saga Edition, that would save me a LOT of time.

All the best
    AlphaD

13. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I'm thinking how to take that last idea, and really mess with it. I figure that several of the standard aliens will be distorted. Figure about 10-50 of each race sampled. THe bith, Culumni, and Bilar will each have their own hive-minds, and will each try to out-do and manipulate the party to helping them defeat the others and get them off-world. THe Wookies will be savage beastial hunters sniping from trees, dropping down, and hauling their prey up--stringing up bodies ala predator. Gamoreans will be powerful but stupid, charging in on the one target they pick the first round, and ignoring everything else--a challenge, but not insurmountable. Defels will be the super-stealthy, black, silent, and nocturnal, but blind because they don't have their visors. Tagorians will be half-way between, capable of steath and hunting from the trees, but more interested in running prey to ground with speed and savagery.

In my campaign, it will be a "Black Hood" base that the party is sent to investigate and destroy. Their ship will be shot down several kilometers from the base, and they'll have to find a way to get the parts to repair it or one of the other ships, probablly from one of the hive-minds, who will want favors/concessions first, even if the hivemind doesn't have the resources promissed come time to pay up.

I'm looking forward to this one.

14. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    While differentiating the hives is certainly what I'd recommend, I wouldn't sort them by species alone, as it makes it too homogeneous, and you have Sith Alchemy at the fingertips of each of the hive leaders. So what I'd instead do is have them remake other hive initiates in a facsimile of the hive leader's image and temperament. So if you wanted to have a tree-top hive, you could have a Wookiee leader and others be members of various species with freakishly extended arms ending in heavy claws who speak in guttural roars and howls as the descend from the trees, your blind stealth tribe would have oversized ears and flaring noses to compensate for their gouged-out eyes, whose skins ripple and change as they move through the darkness, while your power tribe would have hulking oversized creatures with bony extrusions, giant horns and bulging muscles. That way you convey a sense of theme while removing any of the "sameness" that can occur from dealing with mostly identical opponents, and as a bonus it's really creepy.

You may also want to give hives different general moods/ambitions/preferences, so you might have one tribe obsessed with eating and experiencing new tastes, while another is holed up in a research library now-useless owing to the lack of power, so it spends its time absorbing knowledge either via the Force or just "digestion", whose conversations may be punctuated with random tangents to talk about the herding behavior of nerf or whatever. Or you might have a hive that wants wealth and luxuries on a planet with no civilization or economy, so it crafts crude approximations from whatever biomass is at hand and keeps trying to steal broken electronics from the facility AI's stronghold.

If you play this right, you can have an interesting blend of sanity and insanity, and your players won't be sure which one is more dangerous.

15. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Oooh... I'm thinking the hybrid Ridar, Tarong, mynock creatures... All of them fly. Ridar have the Dex and low-light vision, Tarong have the vocal mimmickry that can lure players & other prey into traps, and Mynochs can... um... swarm and cause distractions, as well as eat droids.

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    The party drops out of hyperspace as part of a routine transition between jumps, when it picks of the IFF BOSS transmission beacons of 4 enemy drop ships on a nearby planetoid. Give them three rounds to react before the first beacon stops transmitting. A couple more before the next.

The ships aren't moving. The result isn't of powering down. If they get close enough to run a detailed scan, they'll find the last ship transmitting has their shields on full, but that's it.

As their ship/craft enters the thin atmosphere of the planet, there are severe electrical distortions and condensation/rain.
    If the party investigates, they'll find the ships on the ground with all power and fuel expended. THere isn't enough on their ship to recharge them enough for salvage (unless they happen to be carrying a full cargo). The planet seems to be devoid of life. The crew are still at their posts on board. And their bodies are all still warm, as if they'd only just died. Ships' logs show that the ships were sent to investigate the planet by their carrier, but each one failed to report in after landing--something blocked the transmissions. After the 4th ship failed to return, the carrier left--no planet this remote was worth losing another drop ship & crew. The crew found their controls unresponsive when they tried to leave. All of the droids are also depleated of energy. Looks like some were drained in an attempt to repower the ship. The 3rd and 4th dropships were extremely cautious, and only lowered their shields long enough to disgorge troops and technicians.

And what of the troops? According to the logs, each ship was carrying a full complement of ground-troops/scouts and support gear. There is no sign of them.

The troops were scouting. All of them can be found in underground caves. Some of the cave walls have blaster marks that look like the troops were firing randomly at nothing. Others not so much. Like the crew on the ships, all of the bodies are warm, even though it seems that they must have died days ago (based on the ship's logs of activity). A couple of the troops (and only a couple) show signs of mastication and dessication, but are otherwise just as warm as the rest. Over time, more bodies will start to corrupt, but still be warm.
    It would take days for the shields and other systems to completely drain all of the fuel and battery power.
    No commlink communication is possible on the planet.

The problems are caused by a local mineral that stirs in the slightest breeze, has very small molecules that severely damage ship's circuitry, and a small local insect that carries the mineral as a dust/pollen. The bugs are highly territorial, and have a poison that slowly kills, but also preserves animals. It will take a full autopsy to determine the cause of death and effects.
    The ships can be repaired and cleansed if the party takes time to do so and is extremely careful. The same problems that can damage the ship will also affect droids, weapons, and other equipment.
    If the party causes more rain somehow (the atmosphere is very sensative and volitile), this will cleanse the outside of the ship/craft and buy them an hour free of dust & insects.
    If they think to do so, the party can collect an awful lot of enemy equipment and uniforms for disguises, as well as eventually salvage the dropships later on (if they come back with the needed fuel and repair parts. If they wait more than a week, the carrier may come back, or maybe Ugor or Squib salvager pirates.

For more inspiration, see the episode "Sand" from series 4 of Blake's 7

17. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    shortly after their next blasterfight in a crowded cantina (or similar location), the PCs are attacked by members of a criminal organization who demand "revenge for the death of Ghjor-baahl". The name may be familiar (streetwise roll of 20 or better) as a member of a moderately powerful figure in a criminal family struction (lower middle management). During their cantina fight, one of Ghjor-Baahl's disgruntled underlings took advantage of the fact he looks similar to one of the party members to kill Ghjor-baahl. He then moved up the food chain into the deceased's place and reported the death at the hands of "some random brawlers" and promised to avenge him.
    Spies in law enforcement also have that story, and will act accordingly to arrest the party.
    Eventually, the party may figure it out. Or someone may notice the physical similarity and put 2&2 together. Until then, the players will have some additional problems/encounters.

18. Gamer_4_life

Gamer_4_life Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2009
    Oh yes, I remember the Larry games (I was just a kid then so these games made quite an impression on me he he). I loved the Larry games, at least Larry 1,2,3. After they started to use this new defined command system that you talked about, take, open, look, and so on., the Larry games were never the same :-(
    Do you remember Heroes Quest and Quest for Glory? Same as the Larry games but more of an RPG. SIERRA!!! Bring back the old typing based gameplay!!! Or maybe you could use Marko's voice idea :]

19. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Since I've long taken down my D6 RPG page (no time for updates and no money for server space), I thought I'd post the adventure nuggets that I wrote for you guys. The first batch was designed with the Clone Wars era in mind:

The Merchant Captain
    Required Skills: Starship skills
    Required Equipment: An armed Starship (any type)
    The Setup: The players are approached by a merchant captain who wishes to hire them and their starship. He claims that he has a cargo of medical supplies and spare parts desperately needed on a nearby failing world, and would like the players as escort. He also states that he has had difficulty finding a group to take the job since the failing world is within the sphere of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The merchant offers to pay handsomely for the player's help, and even offers to increase their pay if they do run afoul of the Separatists. They may not, but it is a possibility that frightens many freighter captains.

Situation 1:
    All is as stated, but the players have no difficulty escorting the merchant's vessel. There is no trouble with the separatists and they arrive safely at the failing world.

Situation 2:
    All is as stated, but the players do encounter the CSI Battle group. Luckily, their reputation seems to have been exaggerated. A handful of Trade Federation Droid Starfighters and a freighter converted to a base ship should be easily defeated.

Situation 3:
    As in two, but the CIS forces are more than a match for the players and their ship.

Situation 4:
    All is as stated. The Separatists are in the system - a Trade Federation Battleship and droid fighter support. The players are no match for these forces in a straight fight. Instead they have to resort to subterfuge and other means to defeat the Separatists or run their blockade.

Situation 5:
    As in four, but the Separatists have actually taken to protecting this failing world and it's people. Provided that the players make their intention clear, the Separatists will not harm them and may, in fact become useful allies in the future.

Situation 6:
    The merchant is in fact lying. His cargo is really weaponry for a local rebel group on the world. The so-called separatists are what remains of the local defense force which protects the world against unscrupulous types like the merchant captain.

Alien Troubles
    Required Skills: Combat ability and Stealth
    Required Equipment: Weapons
    The Setup: The players encounter a member of a local minor alien race. He explains that he is a leader among his people on this world and that he wishes to hire the players for a job. The alien further explains that a planetary corporation has been harassing and threatening members of his community. While the corporation denies it, he doesn't believe it. He wants to hire the players to investigate these acts of xenophobia and discover why the corporation is behind them.

Situation 1:
    All is as stated. The corporation is taking out its frustrations on the aliens since they are a minority on the world. They have ordered the attacks and harassment as ways to provide recreation for disgruntled employees. Proof of this would involve local authorities.

Situation 2:
    As in one, but the corporation does not sanction these acts. Instead a small group within the company is responsible.

Situation 3:
    The attacks are not perpetrated by the corporation, but by a hate group using the company as cover. The corporation is indeed innocent, and wants its name cleared.

Situation 4: The corporation is responsible, but for financial reasons. The alien sector is on a rare resource that the company wants. It wishes to frighten the aliens so as to gain the resource.

Situation 5:
    As in four, but the local military is responsible. It is using the corporation as a cover to draw suspicion away. The military wishes to gain the resource for itself instead of through another source.

Situation 6:
    The alien is lying. He and his community are taking advantage of the local xenophobia for their own benefit. They wish to force concessions from the company through false accusations

20. El Kabong

Sep 28, 1999
    This next batch is more of an Imperial/New Republic era bent, although I tried to keep them generic enough that they could be easily plugged into any situation

The Displaced Noble
    Required Skills: Computer program, security, hide/sneak
    Required Equipment: General weapons
    The Setup: A noble (or more correctly a former noble) wants to hire the PCs to help him in his efforts to reinstate himself to his former position of authority. When the rebellion broke out, he found himself in a difficult position. He wholeheartedly supported his faction's agenda, but he also criticized come of its most egregious excesses in seeking to achieve its goals. A cabal was thus formed against him, and it conspired to have him removed from his position by spreading false rumors and generally impugning his honor. The cabal succeeded, and its leader was then given the noble's patent and placed in his position. The noble wishes to hire the PCs to break into an office belonging to his detractors and steal protected computer information which will clear his good name and help him regain his position.

Situation 1:
    All is as stated - the office is minimally guarded and the information gained by the PCs will clear the noble's name and help reinstate him in his faction's government.

Situation 2:
    All is as stated but the office is heavily guarded because a spy has informed the detractor that the noble has hired the PC's to enter the office. The PCs will meet with a great deal of resistance, but provided they overcome it, the information so names will clear the noble's name as in one.

Situation 3:
    All is as stated, but the detractor has set a trap for the PCs. He will allow the PCs to enter the office with minimal resistance and steal the information. Local law enforcement however, will be tipped off on the break in and will attempt to arrest the PCs. If they succeed in capturing the PCs, the link to the noble may be discovered, further discrediting him. In addition, the information the PCs steal will be false, and once again, impugn the name of the noble.

Situation 4:
    The noble is telling the truth, but the detractor's charges against him were legitimate. He wants the PCs to steal the information so he can destroy it and undermine his detractor's case against him.

Situation 5:
    The charges against the noble are legitimate, but he detractor is equally shady in his own dealings. The information gained by the PCs will be used to blackmail his detractor as well to clear the noble's name. The office is heavily guarded, as the detractor is paranoid about just such a possibility.

Situation 6:
    the noble is a con man engaging in industrial espionage. The supposed information to clear his name is actually protected trade data which the con man will sell to the highest bidder.

Getting the scoop. . . .
    Required skills: Combat skills, vehicle skills, Hide, sneak, and other recon and survival
    Required equipment: Access to a ground vehicle
    The Setup: The PCs are approached by a reporter for a local sector wide news-net service. He is aware of fighting between the Empire and Rebellion/Republic in a remote area of the world the PCs are on. He would like to get the scoop on the other news agencies by being at the front lines in person so to get holos and interviews. The reporter wishes to hire the PCs to accompany him to that region of the planet and to guard him against any violence that may come his way.

Situation 1:
    All is as stated. Fighting is going on, but no harm comes the PCs way. The reporter is able to get his holos, and even a few interviews without much difficulty.

Situation 2:
    All is as is stated, but the fighting is very intense. The PCs have to fend off some enemy troops before the reporter can get either holos or interviews.

Situation 3:
    All is as stated, but the battle is over. By the time the PCs arrive, one side has routed the other. The winners will be more than happy to allow holos and give interviews. The losing side will mostly have been captured, but may surface in the form of command raids while the PCs are present.

Situat

21. El Kabong

Sep 28, 1999
    This next batch would work well if the PCs are agents for a regional power, one on neutral terms with the Empire. The regional power, being a group of planets having long ago cut themselves off from the 'decadent Republic', has a strong defense force, enough to make the Empire think twice about invading. The region lies on the edge of uncharted space, where strange new species are often found and pirates constantly harass the good citizens. The characters work for the Powers in charge, who have anti-Imperial leanings but doesn't actively oppose them. (They won't go against the will of the people and declare war on the Empire.)

Stoke the Fire
    The Set Up:
    A madman bent on starting a war between two planets - one of them being a character's homeworld - is looting and burning every outpost and ship between the borders of the two worlds. The Character's government enlists their aid as special agents, in hopes of getting to the bottom of the matter and averting the impending war.

Situation 1:
    The characters somehow get caught up in the whole thing without meaning to. The Madman hits a remote outpost - and the characters, the very first adventure in the campaign. After the attack, they are asked by the government on the spot to join the secret agent force.

Situation 2:
    One of the PC's old friends/lover/relative is working for the madman. Confrontation, anybody? Even better, the relation in question IS the mastermind behind the attacks.

Situation 3:
    The madman is working for the Empire, hoping to weaken the PC's government through a series of small wars.

The Ambitious Admiral
    The Set Up:
    A dying man's final gasp leads the characters to one Imperial Admiral Flory - a extremely sadistic man. Flory envisions himself as the successor to a neighboring world and has concocted a wild scheme to keep the PC's world's troops from mobilizing. To disable the main hyperspace lines would disable the star fleet, and to these ends Flory strives. The PCs must free an entire city turned slaves and stop Flory's hyperspace blockade/interdiction before the other world is once under Imperial rule.

Situation 1:
    Factions in the Empire are against the Admiral. Imperial agents might work alongside the PCs.

Situation 2:
    The hyperspace interdiction technology is new - and frighteningly effective. It can block large areas of space. An amazing device - can the PCs bring it back to their government, as a weapon against possible Imperial hostilities?

Situation 3:
    One of the characters knows the Admiral personally - perhaps even serving under him, or was thrown in jail by him.

The Mad Doctor
    The Set Up:
    Two brilliant scientists have developed an amazing new explosive for the Character's Government, but the partnership is dissolved when one of the scientists makes alternative plans for the substance. The PCs are called in to protect Professor Nielsen, but fail. The remaining partner, Doctor Miguelito Quixote Loveless, implements a plan to destroy an entire city as revenge for what he feels are past crimes against his family. Our heroes have just a short time to stop 'the little doctor' and find where he's planted the explosives.

Situation 1:
    One of the PCs has done something personally against the doctor. He feels he has to crush the PC along with their government.

Situation 2:
    The doctor made one attempt on the good professor, but failed. Now the professor has run away, but he's injured, unable to speak. The doctor gets the characters to bring them both together, where he can finally finish the job.

Situation 3:
    The doctor also plans to sell the goods to the Hutts, the Imperials, the Rebels, and anyone else who wants them. The PCs are publicly encouraged to keep the explosives out of foreign hands - but privately, to hand them to the rebels.

The Play's the Thing...
    The Set Up:
    Our heroes have their orders: 'Find (some guy) and bring him back to face a senate committee - alive.' The only problem is that (this guy) doesn't want to return, and many agents have died trying to do just this. Trying to avoid a political scandal

22. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    The Set-up: A minor noble of House Mecetti want's to meet with members of the alliance to discuss providing support. Meeting is in a semi-public location with lots of exits and usual security precautions.

At the meeting, Lord Darrow says he is willing to give--that's GIVE--the rebel alliance his father's collection of Clone-wars era starfighters. 3 squadrons of Y-wings, 4 squadrons of Eta-1 starfighters, and a full wing of Ethersprites (with hyperdrive rings). The alliance has to pick them up. The bad news is that Inquisitor Eeyais is going to be arriving tomorrow evening. The party has less than 24 hours to find a transport large enough to ferry all of the ships out from the hanger where they are stored.
    Lord Darrow will of course allow the party to inspect all of the ships, and take as much of the support equipment in the hanger with them (the less evidence the better). The party is supposed to take it all, then blow up the hanger ("It's my property, and so are the ones surrounding it. Do your worst.") The fighters are all in nearly pristine condition and have been maintained over the last 20 years. Some of the Y-Wings have manufacture dates of 80 years, but are still nearly pristine (less than 2 parsecs on the odometers!). They have all of their cosmetic platings still. No Astromechs ("Sorry, but we keep our droid labor pool busy"). Tere is a G2 maintenance droid in here somewhere...

There is a Gallofree transport available (either for hire by captain or purchase from some dealer), but while servicable, it's in bad shape. Leaking fluids, burned out lighting panels, patched replacement parts, cables running across the hallways and gantries, general dirt and grime, etc--no game effect, but should make the players leary--and maybe even spend time & resources trying to fix it up.
    While the party is loading, they get a call from a disturbed (but not panicking) lord Darrow that Inquisitor Eeyais has arrived early and will be there within the hour. So hurry up!

Let the player's actions and organizational skills, ideas, and rolls determine how successful they are at looting the warehouse of all the ships and equipment. If they don't get everything, too bad--next time they should roll better and think of more ideas.
    Send a few fights (imperial TIEs or local headhunters) to make the escape more interesting.

The Truth: Lord Darrow is indeed being inspected, but that's the real Lord Darrow. The person the party has been dealing with is a House Melantha agent who looks similar enough to pass most ID checks, but his voice and pitch are very differnet. Furthermore, he (the agent) knows that the illegal collection of starfighters was under "special dispensation" because a key component of the weaons systems were removed. The agent simply replaced the parts. Anything left behind that isn't destroyed will be eveidence against the Real Lord Darrow. What's more, the nearby warehouses are full of IMPERIAL property, used in special investigations. If the party blows them up (or just seriously damages them) Matters will be even worse ofr the real Lord Darrow.

And still matters are not simple: the last (or random) fighter of each squadron has been programmed to destruct and packed with explosives 24 hours after the appointed inspection/blast-off time If the party is still in transit, thry will discover the joys of having thir ship explode arround them. If they've arrived, their base is going to be seriously damaged.

Malantha will have the satisfaction of currying favor with The Empire, striking a blow against House Mecetti, and smacking the Rebel Alliance.

So, Inquisitor Eeyais may take the destruction of the warehouse he was arriving to inspect as an assassination attempt, and decide to hunt down the offenders. ouse Mecetti isgoing to be infuriated at the theft of property and destruction of their warehouse (not to mention the embarrassment of having it happen during an imperial inspection. The Real Lord Darrow in particular will be hiring a small army of bounty-hunters to augment his house troubleshooters. And the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.