main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adventure Journals.....Lost stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelfett

marvelfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    O.k. I realize that some of the short stories printed in the "WEG Adventure Jounals" were reprinted in "Tales from the Empire" and "Tales from the New Republic". But which stories were not reprinted and which issue are they in. Heck how many issues were there in the whole run for that matter? I've heard 14 or 15.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    15 issues. I don't have the time to list all the stories though.

3. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I've "heard" there was an un-told Talon Karrde and Mara Jade short story...no news on author or plot line though...just the artist who was supposed to do the art for it in the SW Adventure Journal.

BTW - it's not Jade Solitaire - it was another, different short story (not written by Zahn or Stackpole, according to them. However, the artist thought it might have been one of the two of them...).

-Mazz

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Only a small minority of the stories got reprinted. You basically have about 15 journals worth of stories that need to be reprinted.

You have to remember that the "short stories" that were reprinted were not the original articles in their entirety. They were game/story hybrids - containing a story portion and a RPG stats portion. All of those reprinted stories had addition game material which was not reprinted in the "Tales of" books.

Those types of hybrid stories formed the bulk of the SWAJ material. Some were weighted more towards game stats than stories (like the scenarios), and some were weighted more towards stories than game stats (typical of what got reprinted).

5. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I wish Del Rey would reprint the Adventure Journal stories not included in the two tales books plus the short stories from Gamer.

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    There a massive amount, such that Del Rey probably won't go back to the SWAJ stories. There may be hope that they collect the Gamer stories though as their fairly new.

Just so you have an idea, there were probably about 4-6 stories per adventure journal, thus with 15 issues, that's probably over 60 stories. Only about 20 got reprinted.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Plus a couple of those in the reprint books were never printed before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.