main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Adventure time?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Is there no thread for this quality programming? I thought it better to just make one instead of searching. I mean, there's conversations to be had here.

2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Well, there was the thread I made a while back talking about how on my cable's OnDemand listings, Adventure Time and Annoying Orange were listed close to each other, so it made me think there was a show called Annoying Time, but that's it as far as Adventure Time discussion around here.

3. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003

tears me right the **** up every time

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    adventure time is pretty amazing. a perfect combination of heartfelt and utterly strange.

Shira A'dola and Ulicus like this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Adventure Time is quality. It's not as good as Regular Show, but better than The Amazing World of Gumball.

Annoying Orange is terrible. On parr with Ren and stimpy.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Ren and Stimpy is not terrible. [face_talk_hand]

Kiki-Gonn, jp-30, lexu and 1 other person like this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh yes it is. Sober or stoned.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have no idea what you people are talking about so... get off my lawn!!!

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This cartoon is ADHD.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's better than Breaking Bad.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

[​IMG]

I haven't yet tried to watch Adventure Time. Netflix only has the first season, and if I get into it, I'm to lazy to borrow a bunch of VHS tapes from jp's aunt when I already have a ton of **** on my queue and hard drive.

Sebulba-X likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  13. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't seen it, but I really want to because the GIFS I've seen of it are awesome.

14. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I always kind of wondered about the people who write/design it. They've got to be some seriously disturbed individuals.

Darth Punk likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Cartoon Network has gotten some severely ****ed up shows that are sometimes quite good as of late.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Is that show Flapjack still on? That one was seriously ****ed up.

Of course, last time I watched it (post-movie or so) SpongeBob was edging into "WTF am I watching" territory.

Fact is, non-linear kids shows from the 90s on have seemingly been written by the biggest stoners of all time.

17. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I've watched only a couple episodes but I liked it. And now that I know it's on Netflix I'm gonna try to watch more of it, somehow along the other two or three shows I'm trying to catch up on. :p

18. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
  19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Season 2 Episode 1 "It Came from the Nightosphere" was the first episode I ever saw. All I knew about the show is that it was about a boy and a magical dog. After that episode, I have watched the show religiously ever since and I have seen every single episode save for the Christmas special. It’s a two part-er episode that appears to be only ran seasonally. My DVR didn’t capture it last year, so I hope to catch it this year.

Other good episodes:
    "The Eyes"
    "The Other Tarts"
    "The Real You"
    "Fionna and Cake"
    "What Was Missing" (awesome episode with great music)
    "Incendium" (Part 1) ("Hot to the Touch" (Part 2) continues the story that begins in Part 1 but Part 2 is not nearly as good as Part 1)
    "Card Wars" (fans of Magic The Gathering will really enjoy this episode)
    "I Remember You" (The first three times I watched this episode it made me cry each and every time.)

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah after the movie came out, SpongeBob became increasingly stupider. Also, Tom Kenny's voice gets more and more irritating each progressing season of the show.

21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I still love the older episodes of SpongeBob but the new ones a plain dumb. They should have stopped after the movie.

22. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    in the tree
    part of the tree
    In the tree
    part of the tree
    in the tree
    part of the tree
    in the tree
    part of the tree
    in the tree
    part of the tree

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Betty" (S05E48) - Great episode. I'm really enjoying the episodes concerning the Ice King/Simon back story. "I Remember You" is probably my favorite episode of the entire series at this time. The alternate timeline stuff with Finn and Jake at the beginning of the 5th season was pretty boring and only partially interesting. Overall, I do like some of the Finn and Flame Princess stuff. Jake's coolness/fun-ness factor has seemed to decreased over time.

"Bad Timing" (S05E49) - I didn't really get it and the episode was very weak. Were we, the audience, watching the episode through our own time bubble, so to speak, to illustrate that time is relative? I wonder if the time bubble will come into play again since we just had two back to back episodes dealing with time travel.

Only three more episodes left in this season, with next Monday being a two parter and the final episode airing on St. Patty's Day. Season 5 has been the longest Season with 52 total episodes. Season 6 is slated to begin mid July.

Darth Punk likes this.
  24. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Only one page for this show?!

This is UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION. UNACCEPTABLE.

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I have yet to watch it in order, but it is surprisingly a really great show. Fiona and Cake is one of the greatest things ever. Love the whole post-apocalyptic thing, blew my mind when I first read theories.