main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN AdventureCon 2006

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by obi-TN, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    This is just four+ weeks away, June 24-25, in Knoxville. Ray Park is one of this year's guests. Loki, Derek, JediToren, ROTSAnakin, DVDMaster, GMSepiroth and myself will be trooping AdCon. Toymaster and Scruff are also planning to attend. Anyone else?

I have run into a bit of a problem with lodging. I have too many roommates and there are currently no more rooms available at the official hotel or any of the other adjoining hotels. Does anyone going that's not already in my room have space for a 501st member in his or her room?

2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    There will be walk-up rooms available the day of. There always are, no matter what the hotel says. They always keep some back, just don't tell them you're one of the nerds and they'll have something.

3. Jedi-1977

Jedi-1977 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2006
    Hey guys! I'm new to the convention scene, AdCon will be my first. I was wondering if you have any pointers for a newbie.

4. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    AdCon is really more of a toy show than a Con. There is basically just the one huge dealer room. The celebrities will be located in the middle of the room. Two years ago, some of the celebrities did panels, but I wasn't aware of any last year. I'd like to see some this year. The 501st will be doing its group picture in the early afternoon on Saturday on the large staircase inside the entrance of the convention center.

5. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Pictures....Hope I'm awake to catch that. :D

Looking forward to meeting some of ya'll. It should be a fun time.

6. senator__padme

senator__padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    I'm going... :)

7. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Oh, are you?

8. senator__padme

Jul 7, 2005
    Yup. And Saturday is my birthday... I'll be 14. :p [face_laugh]

9. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Well.

We'll just have to throw you a party for your "14th" birthday.

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that you're really 28.

10. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    We'll be honored for you to join us, Jessica. We'll have to think of something to do in honor of your birthday. [face_thinking]

11. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I heard something about "spanking". 'nuff said.

Yes, I'm invading your boards now. O:)

12. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Rush rules!

13. senator__padme

Jul 7, 2005
    I dunno what you're talking about... O:)

14. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    ;) [face_laugh]

...and yes, Rush does indeed rule! [face_peace] I say we go in costume to their next concert up at the Starwood. Maybe they'll let us put the quarters in the washing machines. :D (I'm sure everyone else is going, "Wha...?").

15. Schmootika

Apr 20, 2005
    Sounds like a good idea. I met them boys a few years ago in Memphis. Geddy is short but I think that Alex has a thing fer tall blondes. :rolleyes:

16. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    You... MET THEM? Gah! [face_hypnotized] I've been trying for YEARS to get the whole meet & greet thing.

OK, it's settled then... I'll get the tickets, you get us backstage. ;)

17. Schmootika

Apr 20, 2005
    Hehehe...backstage passes eh? You'll owe me big time if I can pull this off. Let me put my feelers out and see what I can come up with.

18. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Rush is going to be in Nashville at 12th and Porter. It's a small club/Bar type place that you can sit practically on the stage with the band, and the bands traditionally mingle with the crowd before and after the show.

I've caught a few of the "former headliner" bands there. Great place to get up close with them. Saw poison there a couple of years ago and CC sat down at our table and stole the girl I was with's drink.

Saw Mink there and they

19. Schmootika

Apr 20, 2005
    Small bars are the best. ZZ Top used to play at the Poplar Lounge but I think that's because Billy lived around the corner. Years ago there was an awsome heavy metal bar I used to hang out at and every act that came to Memphis showed up there to party afterward...Ratt, Bon Jovi, Poison, Guns and Posers, Tesla, Motley Crue, Slaughter...and the list goes on. Rascal's was THE place cuz it stayed open till the sun came up. *sigh* those were the days....

So Vesper....Is this the place you were thinkin of and if so when are they gonna be there?

20. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Beats me. I haven't heard about any actual shows they were doing. As far as I was told, they're all working on new material right now. In the past, the occasionally played a few shows prior to actually recording a new album (like Madison Square Garden)... but I've never... NEVER heard of them playing anything small like this since '74-'75. That's why they said they would never play on any of the late night shows... They are an arena band, and if they can't bring the full show to a stage, they don't want to bother with it.

Of course, never say never, eh? ;) I'll try to confirm that's it's really them and not a cover band.

Oh... and to bring this back on topic (what? hijack a thread?), AdCon rocked and can't wait until next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.