main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN AdventureCon Knoxville June 4, 5, & 6??????????????????

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
  2. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Sounds cool...I can swing it if anyone wants to go!!!

John

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Traci's grandparents will be here that week, so we'll be attending MartiniCon instead.

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I know I'll be going to the Superman Celebration the week after.

According to Tim Gardner, Guest Liason for the 26th Annual Superman Celebration, Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk) and Jackson Bostwick (Captain Marvel - "Shazam!" seasons 1 and 2) are the scheduled guests. According to Larry Ward, Author of "Truth Justice and The American Way - The Life and Times of Noel Neill", Noel Neill has been confirmed as a Special Guest of the 2004 Superman Celebration.

Got this info off the AdventureCon site-

1. HOW MUCH IS ADMISSION TO ADVENTURE CON?
    Admission is $6 per day or $10 for both days.
    Children six and under free with a paying adult

2. Where is the Knoxville Expo Center?
    The Knoxville Expo Center is located in Knoxville, TN. The exact address is 5441 Clinton Hwy.

3. What time does Adventure Con. open/close?
    Saturday (June 5th) 9:00AM-6:00PM

Sunday (June 6th) 10:00AM-4:00PM

Located just minutes away from the Knoxville Expo center, the Knoxville Clarion is the suggested hotel for both attendees of Adventure Con 2004 & exhibitors.

The Adventure Con nightly rate is $54.95. If you are planning on attending Adventure Con & would like to make a reservation at the Clarion please call 865-687-8989, & please remember to mention Adventure Con.

Price isn't bad. If anyone needs a roomate let me know. I may be able to swing a road trip.

5. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I have a few options to sleep in Knoxville...sister's house...ole friend's apartment and maybe an ex-girlfriend too. We can check con out and then I can show you around UT @ Knoxville or my ole radio station and TV station

John

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Man that'd be great- only been thru there.

Oh, and this time I don't mind sleeping on the floor!

7. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Well, if I could catch a ride with someone that would be great. It's supposed to be a blast and David Prowse, Anthony Daniels and Felix Silla(ewok)as guests is awesome too.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I can't believe this is only the 4th one! Have you seen the shots from the past ones- not bad! I was talking to John yesterday and he knows where it's at.

9. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    "he knows where it is"

hey guys,ive been to these since the first one.id be glad to send you an easy to read map of how to get there.
    if you are at all familiar with knoxville then you may know where the bypass is that goes up and north of knoxville.its called "640" that rides up about 5-10 minutes from "40 east". once your north of town you get onto "75 north".
    just after you merge onto 75 youll exit off exit 108,which is merchants road.youll take a left and go less than a mile,maybe less than a half mile.youll come to a large intersection and kroger is across the street.you can go staright through the intersection and turn into the parking lot OR turn right and then turn left into the parking lot.
    kroger and the expo center are the same building.

not sure if that helps ,like i said id be glad to email lin a map that he can then pass out to anyone intersted.the drive will be about 2.5 hours from downtown nashville. which for most people is 2.5 hours from memphis,give or take.also depending on if you drive 80mph like i do.

skip

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "I was talking to John yesterday and he knows where it's at."

"he knows where it is"

My bad- I meant, "He knows where it beez at!!" You'd think with my Memphis City School education I'd know that...

Actually, Skip- John delivered pizzas to there before when he lived in Knoxville. Would should be good on getting there and finding our way around. I've been through there before, but just on my way to the other end of the state for a kayaking trip. Are you and/or the 501st going to be setting up there? I'm looking forward to seeing how they've got things set up, and just how many guests they end up having.

11. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    "I was talking to John yesterday and he knows where it's at."

"he knows where it is"

My bad- I meant, "He knows where it beez at!!" You'd think with my Memphis City School education I'd know that...

And shouldn't "y'all" be in there somewhere? ;)

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I ain't shur...

13. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    oh yes,
    we set up a huge display last year. we had the E-web and more.this year expect that plus a 3/4 scale speeder bike. maybe even a gonk droid,complete with lcd screen playing SW !!!!
    as for celebrities, the SW celebs are cool enough but i think there will be around 15 total!
    if you saw the pics of last year there was one of the old 60's replica batmobile,word has it that he now has the boat and batcycle and its ALL gonna be there.
    nothing for sure on that but im hoping to see it.

edit: just trying to help on the directions.i wasnt sure if others besides you were going at diferent times.

14. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Yeah your directions were the long way around Skip....but the safest if you don't wanna get lost and be near the Interstate. I-40 to 640 North....(the exit after the Papermill exit) Then take the first exit on 640 (exit 1 Western Avenue)...then a few turns on back roads and neighborhoods then...voila!!!!

See not hard at all :) LMAO ;)

John

15. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    I would like to know if I can catch a ride with anyone?

Chuck

16. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    long way around????

around what?

its a staight shot right up from I40 to the expo center!

17. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I wanna go, ya'll. That guest list is amazing...DAISY DUKE! I mean, Darth Vader.

Also, a toy company I dig is going to be representin' over there.

*starts collecting pennies to afford the trip*

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, it's sounding better and better all the time- and the admission $ is pretty cheap, too!

How do they do it?! Must be VOLUME! VOLUME! VOLUME!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    And they actually have guests that I've heard of. Wish I could go, but I'll be too busy being a sot.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Have one (or two!) for me!

How do they do it?! Must be VOLUME! VOLUME! VOLUME!

It looks as though they may be able to because the guests charge per item they sign/sell- apparently between $5-20 each. That's not bad. I even heard that Jeremy Bulloch was charging $20 for signed Boba figures, which is cool, and I don't mind paying $5-10 for a B/W, or $10-20 for a color shot if I can do it in person. I refuse to pay any more for a signed item than I would for an unsigned on ebay!, at least with having it signed in person you know it was signed or not by them. I've heard stories of ball players seeing fake signatures in the team's official gift shop, or seen celebrities say, "That's not my signature!"

So, looks like I'll take a few extra bucks for autographs.

"Also, a toy company I dig is going to be representin' over there. "

Oh, and some for Palisades toys!

21. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Well it doesn't look like I'll be going since I can't find a ride. Hope everyone has fun :)

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Actually, I think Kev and I may drive to Chattanooga that Firday after work, spend the night with a friend, then drive up on Saturday morning and head back to Chattanooga that night to hang with them some more.

John- are you or anyone else driving/spending the night in Knoxville?

23. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    My Sister's getting married the 6th so it's a know for me.

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Greetings from Threepio and Vader!

Got back last night from the Knoxville/Chattanooga/Gatlinburg trip. Had a GREAT time. Got to meet David Prowse, Anthony Daniels, and a bunch of othe folks! Ran into Skip, Zach, Joey, Glenn and a bunch of the other 501st and thier wives. Several clone troopers were in atendance. Stabbo had his picture taken many times, and I even had Anthony Daniels take a picture of my 'I've turned to the DORK side!' t-shirt- he thought it was hilarious. Also got to hear his talk- pretty entertaining. LOTS of SW toys about in the showroom. Some good deals, some a bit outrageous. Picked up a few Batman items. Kev hit the Palisades booth!

After AdventureCon we took a quick trip up to Gatlinburg. Muley and Stabbo made a lot of new fans. Got to check out Ripley's haunted house, 3-D ride, and museum, as well as the Mystery Mansion haunted house. The weather was gorgeous the whole weekend!

Spent most of Sunday just hanging out with Todd and his family at their place in Chattanooga.

25. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Ok, who or what is Stabbo?

Fatally curious minds must know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.