main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Adventures in Camping (post-FOTJ, Ben/Seha, Jaina/Jag, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    You know what I like about camping? Is when it's just you, your friends and nature. I don't believe in camping that involves technology, facilities e.g. bathrooms/showers or using a camper e.g. pop-up, tagalong camper, R.V. The best camping trips I have been on involved being pretty far from civilization, using a canoe to get to the camping spot, a pit fire a couple of portable camping stoves, tents, either mats to keep your sleeping bag off the ground or nothing at all, clothes line and tarps. An Out is the best place to relieve yourself. What is an Out? It's a toilet seat attached to a piece of metal which is welded to metal mesh and set on the ground. It smells less then an outhouse but that is why you want clothes line and tarps. You also might want a lookout to tell your fellow campers that you are using it but usually they ask as they get closer. But the lookouts are best for nighttime when a flashlight could reveal a lot. I love it!

Now they know without a shadow of a doubt that they are being tracked.

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Jedi_Lover, jcgoble3, windu4

Chapter 5

Ben shoved Seha to the ground just as a crossbow bolt flew where her head had been. She shrieked in surprise and whipped her lightsaber off her belt. Jag grabbed them both by their arms, hoisted them up, and led them off into the jungle. The other students snapped on their own lightsabers and followed, and Jaina brought up the rear.

"Who are they?" Wes asked.

"I don't know," Jag replied, "but the rider was a Nikto."

Ben heard howling and knew the akk dogs had their scent. Gripping his lightsaber tighter, he ran on. It wasn't long before they could hear the heavy, running footsteps of the akk dogs. Gritting his teeth, Ben turned just in time to block a blaster bolt and then, without missing a beat, turning and running again. They were mounted, and the Jedi weren't–this chase wouldn't last long. And it would end badly.

Alerted by the Force, Ben rolled aside as another crossbow bolt, heavy and metal, flew through the air. It struck a tree and lodged there. Ben wondered why they were using projectiles...it seemed old-fashioned. But then, maybe that's what they were going for.

Ben saw the river to his left and knew they had to cross it. If they did, the akks would have to circle all the way around, giving Ben and the others time to get away, or plan an ambush. But with Jag with them, there was no way to cross without swimming, and if they did that, they'd be easy targets for the sharpshooters.

Distracted by the thought, Ben barely dodged the next crossbow bolt. He heard a grunt of pain and his eyes widened as the bolt slammed low into Seha's back.

"No!" he exclaimed.

He dropped to her side and raised up his lightsaber, blocking bolts. Jag noticed and stopped the rest of the group, raising his blaster. Ben supposed it was time to make a stand. Unless...

Apparently, Jaina had the same idea. "Ben, take Seha, go back to the Temple, and get help!"

Ben grimaced, not wanting to leave his cousin. But Seha needed medical help. "All right."

He grabbed Seha by the waist, turned, and ran toward the river. One of the riders saw and charged after him, but Jag shot the akk in the head, and the rider tumbled off, the dead beast landing on top of him. Ben Force-leapt over the river, but with the extra weight of Seha he only made it halfway before he splashed into the water. Getting a better grip around Seha's waist, he swam to the opposite shore.

"B-Ben..." Seha moaned.

"Stay quiet," Ben said. "Just stay quiet."

He had to deal with her injury right now. Pulling his medkit off his belt and reattaching his lightsaber in its place, he took a deep breath. Carefully, he pulled the crossbow dart from her side. It trailed blood and he winced at the sight. It mingled with the dripping water from her soaked shirt–which, Ben now noticed, was clinging badly to the wound.

"I'll, uh...have to strip off your shirt to tend to the wound," he said.

Seha giggled despite herself. "I knew you'd find a way to get some romantic time for us."

He forced himself to laugh. "Right. This was all my fault."

Licking his dry lips, he grabbed the hem of her shirt and helped her pull it off. He felt his body react positively at the sight of her soaking-wet blue bra, clinging to her breasts. He tossed her shirt aside and forced himself to focus on the injury. His hands shaking, he applied bacta salve to the wound and wrapped it with what bandages he had that weren't soaked. Then he opened his waterproof backpack and pulled out one of his shirts.

"Here," he said. "It'll be too large for you but you don't want to walk around the forest topless."

Seha struggled to her feet. "Thanks...Ben."

He looked across the shore and saw the flashing of lightsabers and blaster bolts.

"No problem. I just hope we're not too late."

Delta1595, Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ouch! A crossbow bolt through the back doesn't sound good.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That part where it said Ben's shirt was "too small," that was supposed to be "too large." I've fixed it.

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    When in trouble, call Daddy. :p (Or your uncle, in Jaina's case.)

And I love how you put Ben and Seha in a situation with Seha topless. [face_laugh]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was confused about the T-shirt comment. I was wondering how big chested Seha was.

Revanfan1 and windu4 like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, hope Seha isn't too badly injured. [face_worried] Hope the rest are making out okay.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I love this story. Great action and fun

9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That's one way to get a guy's shirt off. ;)

Personally I like guys with toned abs but muscles on muscles just disgust me.

10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Jedi_Lover, windu4, jcgoble3

Chapter 6

Ben grimaced as he dragged on through the forest, Seha leaning on his shoulder. So far there hadn't been much sight of pursuit, but he'd heard howling on several occasions, and he sensed several life forms getting closer. They needed to hurry.

Seha, though, wasn't in much condition to run, and so they had to take it relatively slow. She kept her lightsaber in her hand at all times, as did he.

"The Temple's...not much...farther," she grunted. "...Right?"

Ben nodded. "Right. Just about ten more minutes and we'll be there. I hope."

"You...hope?"

He smiled. "Relax, I'm kidding."

She smacked him gently on the head. "Cut...it out, Ben."

Jag rolled aside as one of the akk dogs barreled down on him. He fired at point-blank range, killing the dog, and the rider flipped off. As he did, Jaina leapt in the air and slashed him in half. The other Jedi students deflected blaster bolts and slashed apart crossbow bolts. Wes lifted one of the riders with the Force and hurled him aside, and Jag picked him off in the air.

"Fall back!" roared the chieftain. "Fall back!"

Jag sighed in relief as the akk dogs retreated into the forest. He holstered his blaster and looked around. There were five dead Nikto, and as for the Jedi, only Ni'aa had a small cut on her right bicep, and Wes had a black eye.

"We'd better get moving," Jaina said. "We need to stay ahead of the pack."

Jag nodded. "Follow me."

Delta1595 and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, just about to safety. Just about! [face_nail_biting] =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    ten minutes to safety or [face_worried]

and the others too:eek:

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I know this is a Jedi story, but that Jag is sooo sexy. Jaina is one lucky woman. ;)

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Reminds me just a little bit of my finished AU fic "Scavenger Hunt" where the fighting is concerned.

May those Nikto rue the day they chose to tangle with Jedi students.

Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice post! Short and sweet. :D

The good guys won the battle, but can they win the war? [face_nail_biting]

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Revanfan1 Hey, what happened to this? The story was going good with daily posts, and then it just stopped. Is this going to continue?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm on vacation, with minimal writing time. I may have time for an update this week, but if not it will start back up either Saturday the 18th or Sunday the 19th (hopefully).

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, thanks for the update. I was just surprised to realize that it had stopped so suddenly. Enjoy your vacation, and I'll be ready for more of the story when you get home! :D

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Jedi_Lover, jcgoble3, windu4

Chapter 7

Ben was halfway down the hill when he sensed a change around him. Instantly pushing Seha aside–gently, so as not to hurt her–he whirled and snapped his lightsaber to life. Unfortunately he was just a little too slow, and the akk dog charging from the woods slammed into him. Ben flew through the air and inadvertently released his grip on his lightsaber.

Kark it, moron!

He landed in a pile of leaves and struggled to his feet. The akk dog was plowing down towards him, and he realized that the rider was the brown-skinned Nikto that had led the pack earlier. Ben reached out with the Force to summon his lightsaber to him. It was mere meters from his hand when the akk dog reached him, and he was forced to roll aside.

The lightsaber carried on, smacking into a tree and landing in the pile of leaves. The akk bore down on Ben, its jaws snapping hungrily. Ben crawled backwards worriedly, barely keeping ahead of the vibroblade-sharp teeth. Clenching his jaw, Ben leapt into the air and over the akk. Unfortunately the rider reached up, grabbed him by the ankle, and threw him back to the ground.

"Ben!" Seha shrieked.

Ben kept moving away from the akk. His face hardened and he hit the animal with a Force push that would've felt like being hit by a speeder. The akk slid back several meters and groaned in pain, but it did not fall over. The rider, however, fell out of his saddle, dangling by his foot, which was still caught in the stirrups.

Seeing his chance, Ben reached out and summoned his lightsaber once again. This time, it slapped into his palm. The blue blade snapped to life, washing the woods in a midnight hue. The rider had reoriented himself, pulling back onto the akk's back. Now, he patted the beast's nose and whispered in its ear.

"Ben," Seha repeated, "are you all right?"

"I'm fine, Seha. Just stay down!"

The akk charged, and Ben stepped aside at the last moment, bringing his lightsaber down. It sliced cleanly through the rider's leg at his thigh. The rider howled in pain and shouted in a non-Basic language at his akk. The animal roared and fled the clearing. Ben breathed a sigh of relief, but did not shut off his lightsaber.

"Come on, Seha," he said, "we need to keep moving. No telling how soon he'll get reinforcements here...or how badly Jag and the others are in need of aide."

Delta1595 and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I'm really digging the action! Seha should step in and kick some ass at some point too. ;)

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D=

Well, Revan! If that isn't supercharged action =D= and they haven't even made it back to the Temple yet. :eek: [face_nail_biting]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    She probably would if she didn't have a crossbow bolt injury in her abdomen! :)

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice action! =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Great writing! Let's hope they can get back to the Temple in one piece!

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great action. I hope all can get back to the temple