main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Adventures in Camping (post-FOTJ, Ben/Seha, Jaina/Jag, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    That was some tense reading for a couple of seconds.

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I typically don't care too much for the LotF/FotJ storyline model, but I can respect those who are capable of repairing it enough to build a fanfic that that is a good read, and that is what you've done here. Great work, hope to see more soon!

Revanfan1 and Lady_Misty like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Jedi_Lover, jcgoble3, windu4

Chapter 8

Ben and Seha staggered into the Temple courtyard. Alarmed, one of the guards–Ben recognized him as Avinoam Arelis–ran over. Ben just grunted and gently handed Seha over to him. Seeing her wound, Avinoam nodded and took her inside, pulling out his comlink as he did so. Ben sagged to the ground, pressing his back against the cool stone of the Temple.

"Ben, what happened?" asked the other guard, Jaden Korr.

"We...were attacked," Ben managed. "Nikto riders."

"Nikto riders?" Jaden asked with a frown. He turned and moved quickly inside the Temple. "Stay here, Ben. I'll be right back."

Too tired to argue, Ben just nodded, closed his eyes, and waited. He knew he'd taken some serious blows in the battle with the brown-skinned Nikto. Inhaling, he winced as he realized that at least one rib was cracked. At least he'd dealt serious injuries to the Nikto in return. Possibly fatal. He couldn't remember.

"Ben, Ben do you hear me?" a familiar voice said.

Ben opened his eyes to see Kyle Katarn standing over him. The Jedi Master, even at this late hour, was clad in his tan shirt with its brown shoulder pad, and his Bryar blaster was in its holster, right beside his lightsaber. Ben realized Katarn must be taking a squad of Jedi out to rescue the other students.

"Hear you," Ben replied. He realized his voice was raspy; he needed water. "We going?"

"No," Kyle replied, "we're going. You're staying here."

"But I..."

"No buts, Ben. You're too hurt to help."

Ben sighed, but just nodded. "Tell Jag...and Jaina that...I'm sorry it took so...long."

Kyle nodded, and then turned to Jaden and the half dozen other Knights assembled. They all had lightsabers in hand, and Ben knew that a lot of Nikto were going to die tonight. He did not resist when some Jedi came up and took him to the medbay.

Jag clenched his teeth as the akk rammed into him. He flew across the clearing and dropped his blasters. Their pursuers had caught them. The students' lightsabers snapped to life, although several of them were wounded, and Jag knew this was their last stand. Despite the number of Nikto they'd killed already, there were still at least the same number of them still pursuing.

"All right," Jag snarled, "let's do this."

He stood and picked up the blasters he'd dropped. Wielding one in each hand, he opened fire, dropping a Nikto and his akk. The Nikto charged, and the Jedi students sprang into action...but Jaina was faster. Her purple blade was a blur, already decapitating two riders and cutting wide gashes in their mounts' sides before Jag could even blink.

The next few minutes were pure chaos. After several of the Nikto had been killed, Jag spotted a brown Nikto, the only one he'd seen so far, ride into the clearing, one of his legs hewn clean off. That meant he'd found Ben and Seha...Jag only hoped they were still alive, and that this rider had not taken their lives in retaliation for the loss of his leg.

The brown rider saw Jaina and grinned. He pulled a crossbow from its sheath and aimed at her. Jag raised his blaster to shoot the Nikto down, but another akk grabbed him by the leg and flailed him through the air. Jag howled in frustration and pain. Then, suddenly, it was over. The akk dropped him, and as Jag rolled to his feet, he saw a yellow lightsaber–Jaden Korr's–slice the brown rider's head from his shoulders.

"Sniper Fel," Kyle Katarn said, "are you all right?"

Jag nodded. "I am, Master Katarn. You...Ben and Seha told you?"

"Yes. They're both all right, Jag. It's more than I can say for you." He grimaced. "That leg looks pretty bad. Let's get you back to the Temple."

"The students," Jag protested. "Are they...?"

"They're all alive, though some are worse for wear," Kyle replied. "With a little help from Cilghal, they'll all be fine."

Jag released his protests, then, and let Kyle haul him away.

Ben awoke in the medbay long after everyone else was gone. The lights were out, Cilghal and Tekli were nowhere to be seen, and the only person in sight was Seha, lying asleep on the bed beside him. Ben's heart twisted at seeing her, and he tried to sit up. He winced at the pain in his rib and had to lie back down.

"Ben?" a soft voice murmured.

He looked over. Seha's eyes were open.

"Yeah, Seha. We made it."

"Not exactly the romantic getaway we were hoping for, huh?" she said with a bleak smile.

"Not really. Though the part where I got to take your shirt off was kind of fun."

She rolled her eyes...and then pulled out of her sheets and walked over to Ben's bed. He scooted over to make room for her, and they sat there together, his arm around her shoulders. She was wearing a medical gown, but he could see that she still had his shirt on underneath it. He kissed her on the top of her head.

"I'm going to want my shirt back; you know that, right?" he said with a smile.

Seha's gaze turned sly. "Then take it."

Ben's eyes widened. "Now?" Seha had previously told him that, even though she was totally okay with kissing, seeing each other in swimsuits and underclothes, and other such romantic flirtations, she did not want them to "take the next step" until much later in their relationship...and that nudity of any kind was a definite no. "I mean...really? Seha, we don't have to do this. I'm not sure my dad would approve."

"Who says we have to have sex?" Seha purred. "But we can still have fun, right? So come on. Take your shirt."

Ben grinned. Seha had already pulled off her medical gown, and Ben wasted no time pulling at the hem of the shirt.

The End

Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    This is a really nice and tidy ending! I like how you've made up for lost time regarding Ben's childhood and lack of friends. The fact that this still takes place in current continuity without featuring one character from the movies is quite an accomplishment too. I hope to see more stories like these in the future.

Also Ben is one lucky bastard.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice ending to a great adventure. Liked to see Kyle Katarn and Jaden Kor too

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! Glad they made it back & Kyle and his fellow Jedi could make quick work of the predators.

Great action and mush blend there. I like Ben/Seha the way you write them: sweet and natural.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    That was one wicked fun adventure! :) And Ben got his shirt back..

I'm sure that Luke would just be relieved that Seha is not a Sith.

Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I like the Ben/Seha mush. I would like to see that relationship in the profics. I also liked Jag. He is such a great character and lethal even without the Force. I can see Jag saying, "The Force, I don't need no stink'n Force." (play on old movie quote).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. I am glad you enjoyed it. Jedi_Lover, I think Jag is one of the four best (non-Big 3) characters in FOTJ, right after Ben, Jaina, and Allana. I wish we'd gotten to see him in action more instead of just as Head of State. earlybird-obi-wan, Kyle and Jaden are my favorite (non-Sky-Solo) Jedi in the NJO. I had to fit them in somewhere. Everyone else–thanks for sticking with me through my delays, vacations, and forgetfulness. :)

10. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Great conclusion! Nice, short and sweet, and since Kyle Katarn wrapped it all up, those Nikto won't be a threat again. :p I do hope profic ends up taking the Ben/Seha route.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Great job! Kyle Katarn knows how to get things done. And Ben and Seha are indeed a nice pairing that profic should use.

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I just found this one tonight --- really great job and a nice amount of mush between Ben and Seha.

Revanfan1 likes this.