main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adventures in Stupidity (aka - How was your weekend?)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by JediPrincessKas, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hello all! Sorry I wasn't on at all this past weekend. My Internet was down all day Saturday (And I was out most of the day), and yesterday I was working on a project for my sister's birthday gift. But, I thought this would be a good place to tell everyone about my interesting weekend...hence the thread title. I felt like the biggest re-re on Saturday. Let me tell you all about it. Gather 'round...

Well, it was Saturday afternoon, and my family had been out all morning. We get back home so we can all split up. My dad and sister are heading off to play golf, and I have to drive my mom to her office so she can finish up a few things, then we're going to Hobby Lobby. Alright, so we get to her office, and I park on the side of the building (since we weren't supposed to be there for long). We walk in, she gets to her desk, and I tell her I'm gonna run back outside to fix something in my car. So I run back out and open the trunk. Things had been sliding around on the drive, and it was bothering me, so I was moving things around and whatnot. Well, I had laid my keys in the back of the trunk, looked at them and thought to myself, 'now don't leave those in there! Remember to get them out'. Alright, so I finish moving things around, grab the trunk, and shut it. I get about 2 steps before I realize what I've just done. :eek: I just locked my keys in my trunk. *slaps forehead* Ok, no biggie. I figure my mom has a key to my car, we'll just use hers. Well, I pass by the front of my car, glance in, and there is her purse and mine, in the floorboard. Her keys are in her purse. :eek: *slaps forhead again* Alright, now I'm beginning to panic. I run back inside and tell my mom about my keys. She was like, :eek: also. I did NOT want to call my dad, because he was about 40 minutes away, playing golf. After a couple minutes, I give him and call him. He and my sister had JUST gotten to the golf course. He told me to see if I could call someone to help. If not, to call him back. Alright, well my mom and I called the County Police. No answer. Then we called the City Marshall. No answer. Weeellll, this is all fine and dandy. So, we sit and ponder some more for a few minutes, and then I get an idea! There's a Honda dealership right down the road! Why don't we just call them and have them make us a spare key? :D Well, my mom called, and that's what we did. We gave them the Vin (?) number, and a guy made us a Vin key (which will open the car, but won't start it), and brought it down to us. So, about 90 minutes and $10 later, I got my keys! :D

But there you have it folks! My adventure in stupidity for the weekend. That's the first time I locked my keys in the car, and hopefully it'll be the last.

Alright, any of you have any goofy stories from your weekend, or am I the only one? :p

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I hate it when I do stuff like that. Only...I don't. :p

I've locked my keys in my car once and hated myself for it! Glad you guys were such a good group of problem solvers or you'd have to have waited for your dad all day!

Um...I actually didn't do anything uber stupid this weekend, unfortunately. But when I do, you'll be the first to know! :D

3. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I think you lucked out, getting into your car for $10. The last time I locked myself out of my car, it cost me forty samoleons. :(

My weekend was really boring. Well, Saturday night, after watching the Mavericks game and having a few saucy beverages, the wife and I went out to Chili's.

Unfortunately, after a few drinks, my shyness is easily overcome, and I feel the need to talk to everyone I make eye contact with. I am such an embarrasment. Well, I was more so of an embarrasment than usual.

4. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah, $10 for the Vin key wasn't so bad. My mom told me she would have called the locksmith before she had called my dad back. The locksmith would have cost around $85. I was thankful for the $10. :p

And I just had Chilli's for lunch, as a matter of fact. :D And don't worry, my friend Jessica is like that all the time...with no alcohol. :D

And I like your colors. Pink is very flattering on you. [face_love]

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    My weekend was perfect. [face_love] :)
    That quite about sums it all up. :)

~ James

6. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I bet it was. ;)

7. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, to go into detail..

Last week was perfect, the weekend was, today is; as will tomorrow :)

~ James

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    How long is Sara staying, James?

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Until tomorrow. Meh, I don't even want to think about that. :p

But that's not just me, I think. ;) [face_blush]

So, yeah... you guys will have to deal with me again come late tomorrow. Ha! :p

~ James

10. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yay. [face_plain]

:p

Long distance relationships get very lonely. Glad you got to spend some time together. :D

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Not so much lonely, but more less hard with the distance and not being able to see the person you care about on a day to day basis. This past week has been so perfect. I just pray that I can find a job away from here or go to school away from here quickly.

~ James

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, Saturday I vowed to chill. So I did. Finished reading a book, watched the Preakness Stakes (horse race), and watched a movie (Hurlyburly). Then on Sunday, my friend came over after church and we played Perfect Dark (that's right, N64 ;) ) for about 5 hours :D It was awesome.

13. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Other than getting food poisoning, my weekend was good. I'm going to sue Starbucks for a bad hot chocolate. And I do mean bad. [face_plain]

14. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    But if you sue Starbucks, they may have to close the one across the street from my office! I suppose I would just have to learn to live with the Starbucks a block away then.

Sorry to hear about the bad coffee, Kate. I had some funky food too. I went to Scarborough fair yesterday and had a Scottish egg. That egg hatched some nasty revenge later too.

15. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, food poisoning is not a fun experience. I've had it a few times in my life and it just stays with you.

I'll make sure in my lawsuit that I stipulate to keep that Starbuck's open, John.

16. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I was just kidding about Starbucks...I don't drink there. Or coffee at all for that matter. Let them burn!

//plays disco inferno

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    John, you went to Scarborough Fair? Were Simon and Garfunkle there???

18. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your Starbucks experience, Kate. :( But in your lawsuit, could you have them keep the one by my place open too? :)

My sister once got food poisening from Olive Garden (her and my dad both), and now they won't eat there anymore. :( I've never had food poisening, but I imagine it's not much fun. :(

And my weekened was quite boring, actually. :( Got in a couple of squabbles with some friends, but everything is A-OK now. :D

19. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Wheeeeeeee, keys in the trunk! I've done that before, along with leaving my lights on and letting my battery die, and having my alternator fail right on a windy road with coyotes. :eek:

I was very upset with myself each of those times. Luckily, the dealer makes a little card with a fake key that will open the car as long as I don't also lock my purse in the car. :p I've done that too. [face_plain]

Jae Angel

20. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    No Simon or even Garfunkel at Scarborough fair, Rachel. I was hoping to meet a the infamous sidekick, Art Garfunkel. I don't think he has much else to do, nowadays.

I think I may have seen that other guy from Wham, though. He was selling wooden hairclips.

The best part of the faire (because it's old-tyme, it's faire, not fair), was this guy who stood on his head and then played "Ode to Joy" with a piccolo in each nostril.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.