main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adventures with the Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by LJ, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    Well, here is my problem. I need more adventures, i'm running out of ideas. So i need you to post your WEG or WOTC aventures.

Adventure Subjects: Something to do with the Force. Maybe living force adventures.

2. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    What time period are you working in?

3. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    There's always lost Jedi artifacts, even in pre-TPM era stuff. Lost Force powers, lost Jedi masters, stuff like that.

4. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    Any era. I know there are artifacts and stuff, but my brain is drained. HELP!!!

5. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    You could always do some escape from Imperial attack scenerios set in the Civil War period.

6. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Or do some stuff with the disgusting Vong.

7. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    If you want some help with plot ideas check Fanfic and talk to some of the people there. They have all kinds of ideas.

8. E_Greyshadow

Mar 11, 2001
    Alright, this may sound a bit hokey, but here's the basis for an adventure I'm putting some friends through.
    One of the characters is a CorSec agent, and a darn fine one at that. However, a few adventures back, they *really* ticked off a notorious pirate. They blew up his entire underground base, which left him with minimal ships, little money, and missing one arm. He wasn't very happy. In the interim, he's been plotting a little revenge. He's killed CorSec guy's immediate superior, and gotten a computer hacker to change the video footage to implicate CorSec guy (nasty, ennit?). Next, he's left a trail of false leads for CorSec guy and his friends to follow, with many of his people lying in wait. And at the end of the trail...

Actually, I'd better stop there. Who knows if they're reading this, eh?

9. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Doesn't sound hokey at all.

If you want hokey . . . have a cloned Emperor pop up.

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Hmm.

Your party, it doesn't matter who they are as long as one is a smuggler, pick up a cargo... it seems normal, but then...

(Whatever, blah blah, make it up)

11. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    The worst one game like that happened where there was four double crosses and 7 booby traps. Of course it was the Gm's second adventure and he wanted to have fun, of course we never found what was in the case.

For some real fun try a cannonball type game, we did one where we had to cross 3 star systems in sublight, that was fun let me tell you.

12. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    Well, right now my characters are laying around in a rebel base. I'm thinking of puting an Imp Intel team sneaking around and the characters have to stop them from alerting an Imp fleet. But even if the team is eliminated an Imp Battlegroup show up: 1 Interdictor, 2 modified strike cruisers (troop carriers), and 1 carrack cruiser against a hand full of rebel ships. Luckly for the characters the landing craft carring the AT-ATs is destroyed. The rebels will have limited time to evacuate. Just as the Imp renforcements arrive: 4 Imp stars one of my force characters sense the presence of the dark side on one of the ships. Then the characters escape to a rebel fleet. Is that a good adventure?

13. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Seems pretty cool.

14. E_Greyshadow

Mar 11, 2001
    Sounds like a great start to a long, multi-campaign adventure. The dark side user could use the Empire's resources to help track down your Force users, lay plots to trap them so's he can seduce them to the dark side. Or make the dark side user a she, that way she can *really* seduce them to the dark side... ;)

15. LJ

LJ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 1999
    I've done that to another group of players and things got a little interesting.;)

16. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Very, Um. . . Interesting. I personally love doing force based games. Don't forget about training. So many things can go wrong during it that they will be running in circles on there. If you do it right.

17. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Ok, try this one on for size:

Midichlorians are the indicator of Jedi potential - a detectable, quantifiable and scientific measurement . So what if some a less than stable individual deduces that by drinking Jedi blood he can get the powers? Of course this idea is technically flawed due to the nature of genetics and cell make up - it would be like trying to get blue eyes and blonde hair by drinking the blood of a supermodel. However, a Jedi character could have several wrinkles in his life because of this. By himself, it could fairly harmless - a lone serial killer jumping Padawans. Dangerous to be sure, and a problem that must be dealt with, but not quite a crisis.

However, it would be interesting if there was some sort of cult that believed in using the blood of high midi-count Jedi's to enhance their powers. It doesn't REALLY work, but that doesn't keep their leader from faking it and slaughtering Jedi. A much more serious problem, and a more serious threat to the Jedi and the PC's

What if this person has gotten a hold of some sort of Dark Side artifact that requires the wearer to consume the blood of a Jedi before it gives him any power. He is unaware of this but then gets it into his head the by drinking Jedi blood it will transfer the MC to him and let him use the Force. He tries it and the amulet gets him power, thus feeding his psychosis.

Of course the one wanting the Jedi blood might be a Sith spawned creature (similar to a hellhound or something) - an offshoot of the vornskyr, perhaps. It might be as simple as these creatures need a concentration of Midichlorians to live - Force vampires, if you will, or an actual genetically engineered being.

18. El Kabong

Sep 28, 1999
    Whoops - forgot a couple:

Shamlessly stealing this idea from B5, at least in concept:
    Deathwalker is a war criminal, and genius in developing weapons of mass destruction etc. etc. Have the Jedi's meet up with this war criminal with orders to protect said person. PC's are under impression that Deathwalker is being returned for trial, but slowly discover that Faction X wishes to keep deathwalker for own purposes. Throw in people out for revenge, and the Jedi should be right up the perverbial creek. If they kill an unarmed deathwalker to keep her from escaping justice, they get a DSP. Killing the people out for revenge, if handled properly could also lead to a DSP. Arguably, helping such a fiend escape justice could also lead to DSP's, even if they do claim, "we were only following orders."

* * *OR* * *

Have the Players hear about a "dark-side despot" on some barely-subsistence farming world. They'll get all heroic and decide to go confront this guy. But here's the twist: the people who the Dark Jedi have subjugated *like him*.

He (for undisclosed and not necessarily sinister reasons) landed and helped them organize their harvest system, and has indirectly saved lives and prolonged lifespans for the natives, who, in return, have built him a big palace and treat him like a prince. They're not under any vicious mass-mind-control thing; they just feel a debt of gratitude.

The Players can confront this "despot" and realize he's not exactly a seething cauldron of bloodlust -- he simply lounges around, eating peeled grapes from the hands of giggly young women, and enjoys himself.

This would make for a very tricky redemption scenario indeed, especially if the PC are not exactly the most ascetic Jedi out there.

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Splendid ideas El Kabong! I'll have to steal some of those for my own campaign!

20. El Kabong

Sep 28, 1999
    Glad to see you approve. Here's one more goodie that I've been sitting on for a while . . .

The PCs are Jedi fresh from the Academy (either in the Tales of the Jedi, during the TPM timeframe, or in a post-Empire setting). They're on a planet that is currently in negotiations with the Republic regarding membership and have reached a middle area in the negotiations. The Republic will provide Jedi to keep the peace in the system, but the laws to be enforced are written by the System's government - not the Republic. On the planet, there happens to be an ages old law that simply states that a minor must obey any request of his/her father. Usually this just means washing the dishes and mowing then lawn, but there are some sick, twisted individuals who bend the law for their benefit, as you'll soon see.

As nearly successful negotiations are winding down, the ambassadors send the Jedi to a spaceport to arrange for passage off world. While they are in a Cantina, filled with people who *hate* Jedi (things were so much better before their kind had to show up), a side door flings open. This young girl (around 13) comes running out, clutching the front of her ripped dress and crying. She is bleeding out of the side of her mouth and her left eye is freshly blackened, so badly swollen she can't see out of it. Shortly there-after a large Cro-Magnon like man enters the bar through the same door, shirtless, tightening his belt and laughing.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what just happened. After a colorful discussion it is revealed that the little girl's father pimped her to the Neanderthal, using a loop-hole in the law that the minor has to do whatever his/her legal guardian demanded. Now, this is a pretty backwards planet that doesn't have laws and governmental organizations set up to help the young/needy/elderly etc, leaving the kid at the tender mercies of her father.

Everything transpiring is perfectly legal but it is ethically screwed up. What does a Jedi do? Does he become filled with rage and strike out of anger, thus gaining a Dark Side Point? Does he let it go because it is his duty to uphold the law and take a DSP for his feelings of guilt? Anyway you cut it, this is a real bad place for a Jedi to be. If the planet had officially joined the Republic there would be laws to handle this sort of situation, like take the child away from an abusive father, but they haven't so there isn't.

Decisions and Choices:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are several options for the Jedi to take.

The most interesting one would be for the Jedi to decide to screw local laws and do what's right: if the law, the hospitals, the Government, or the parents won't protect the girl, then the Jedi should. The Jedi could basically "kidnapping" the girl to protect her. Although it would be kidnapping in the eyes of the primitive law, it would be the right thing to do, and I doubt the girl object to him saving her life. They shouldn't force the girl to go with them, they should take the girl away from the parent to protect her.

The galactic news network would have a field day with this... imagine the headlines: "Jedi Knights Kidnap young girl." And of course - congratulations, you just committed a crime of Galactic proportions, smeared the good name of the Jedi Knighthood, and ruined three years of Republic negotiations - thus forcing the local Jedi Praxeum to be abandoned and the loss of vital mining rights to the Republic. But at least you avoid getting a Dark Side Point.

That then is the point of this scenario - how do you handle a no win situation, like a Jedi Kobiashi-Maru (forgive the Star Trek reference). Perhaps, even - their Masters/the Jedi Temple set this up as a test?

Other paths for that the Jedi might take could include -

1) If the father pimps her, buy her from him - or get somebody else to do it for you. Either take her offworld and free her (and find a home for her), or do it on her own world far, far away from Dad.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    You rock El Kabong!!! Remind me that if we ever find ourselves gaming togther, to play a Jedi. I LOVE scenarios like that.

BTW, WotC has created a Random Adventure Hook Generator:

http://wizards.com/starwars/article.asp?x=rpg_hook_gen

With a little tweaking to handle the non-sensical scenarios (which are few, so far) it could be invaluable!

22. E_Greyshadow

Mar 11, 2001
    Erm... ya know, El Kabong, it's people like you who make me feel bad. Why can't I come up with anything that well thought out?!? Grr...

Just joshin' ya. ;)

23. El Kabong

Sep 28, 1999
    Hey guys -

Giving some thought to the above, how about this: a mad scientist developing a virus that attacks midichlorians? It more or less leaves people alone with a low concentration of Midis (a bad cold would be the worst they would get) - but is lethal to people with higher midi counts.

Suddenly Sith, Jedi, Dark Jedi and everybody in between is keen on whacking this guy. Fun, fun, huh?

24. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Cool. Hey Kabong are you going to GenCon? That would be really fun.

25. Padawanboy

Padawanboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    You could try something before the Jedi Apprentice series. There isn't much known about that time period. You could start with a Jedi Apprentice in the Temple on Coruscant, and work it from there.
    Or, you could do The Great Sith War, that's about 4000 years before The Phantom Menace, now that would be cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.