main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Advertising a Roleplaying Campaign

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by mmart23, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmart23

mmart23 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi All -

I am a long time gamer and GM. I have been playing TMNT since I was 13, and Marvel and Star Wars (D6 Style) since I was 17. Being that I am 33, I think you get the point that I've been in it awhile. Anywho, I am new to gaming and GMing on the Jedi Forums website and wanted to check and see if you have any suggestions for how I can advertise the games that I wish to start up. All input is welcomed.

Thanks,
    Matt M

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Hey Mmart...

It depends on what exactly you are aiming to run.

This area of the boards, as you've probably figured out, is for play by post gaming. You can advertise games in this thread. You can see many examples of different sorts of ads there, and you can more or less do as those posters do. Having a hook, pitching a good story, and all around selling your ideas are all are nice things to have in your ads.

Also, the RPF is above all a close community. Getting to know people personally is a great way to get people to play your games. Friends like to play with friends, so getting cozy with the people you write with is usually a good idea. :p This naturally comes with time, but can be sped along by using social threads, IM messaging, etc. :)

If you want to advertise games in real-life (like you want to start a local session in a certain city), or if you're interested in pen and paper / dice RPGs, this board will be of more interest to you. I believe you would just post up whatever you are looking for there.

Best!
    -I_H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.