main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advertising for any verbrobrains out there----Some basic Vong background needed

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Good points there. But those females were fillers, they weren't major charcaters like Nen Yim and Elan. And if they are to be tallied, as you said, Esplin9466, a grand count of "three."

Still no youths and kids from the Vong at all.

2. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I dont think were going to see children at this point. The story being told is about a war spanning the galaxy, not so much about the vong boy scouts or day care centers. And i wouldnt go as far as to say we havent seen youth, khalee lah couldntve been too old, and it doesnt state the ages of all the named warriors weve seen as far as i can recall. I think maybe well learn more about vong daily life and culture after the war is over, unless they somehow get wiped out, which i doubt. who knows! :)

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    U're moaning about nothing, what do you want??? The Vongtons, set on a farm and ending with: "Good night, mamma Vong, goodnight Johnboy Vong"

You can't expect to see kids in the middle of a battle.

As for why they went, i get the impression that it is a ploy by their leaders to keep the ppl oppresed under them and their religion.
    Thay's why they left, to give them a mission from the 'gods', Yo'Gands core couldn't have worked more than a dozon times before some one thought ""Wait a minute" i mean come on, if they can shape any planet to their specs then they couldn't have taken out every planet can they.

4. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Well, here I am again. I'm going to fix that Vong female list once and for all. These, I believe, are all the Yuuzhan Vong females who have been named so far:

Mezhan Kwaad
    Nen Yim
    Elan
    Uunu
    Seef

So, as you can see, we actually have five female characters! Admittedly, very few of them are important, but all of these five made it into the dramatis personae. Can't believe I forgot Seef. Duh!

5. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I thought yogands core only worked once before they found out how to counter it, no?

6. JainaSoloXI

JainaSoloXI Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2002
    IIRC from the NJO Sourcebook, it says it destroyed almost every habitable star system in the Vong galaxy, though I may be wrong.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    That leads to the question of how could that be possible. Thousands upon thousands of suns and star systems? It does tax credulity.

But still my point with Vong youths is valid. Why wouldn't a few kids be possible in a plot? Aren't DR giving us lots of Solo teens in every book?

Not a single Vong kid at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.