main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Advice for the Milwookiees..

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheWampas1138, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Greetings!

We're from the newly official but not "Officially official" Milwookiee fanforce group from Wisconsin. We're planning a roadtrip to the fine state of Illinois because you folks have one of them fancy DLP (digital) theaters which are all the rage. So, if someone would be kind enough to post some suggestions for theaters/locations that include restaurants nearby and the like we'd be most grateful. If you like, you can PM us as well so we can pass on the information to see the film as it was meant to be seen. We appreciate the info.:)

Dwayne & Marcy Bochnak
    The wampas

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey-hey-hey, Da-wayne.

Oh, I got nothing more to say, I just wanted to make the Rerun reference. :)

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, there are currently three DLP theaters in North East IL.

There is of course, the one downtown at the McClurg Court Theater, lots of restaurants everywhere, lots of media, lots of craziness, etc, etc. But of course it's a longer drive than the others and you have to pay for parking.

The next best option, in my opinion, is the Streets of/at Woodfield, which is basically a theater attached to the Woodfield mall (Schaumburg?). I'm not all that familiar with it, but because it's in a suburban mall type area, there are lots of restaurants all over the place and I'm sure there's free parking. It's also closer to your location.

The third location is a theater in Skokie, IL, which is only about 20 miles nnw from downtown Chicago. I don't know anything about this theater, but if you are driving down to Skokie, you might as well come downtown. ;)

~H~

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks plenty for the information.:)

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The theater in Skokie is named Crown Village 18. If you decide to make the trip, be sure to keep us informed. I'd love to see the movie an additional time.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.