main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advice From Vets

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Kenneth-Morgan, Sep 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    For those of you who went to SWC1, how early would you advise getting there in the morning? How many hours prior to the time they'll let everyone in?

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    At least an hour, maybe even 2. But as the venue in Indy is larger, the wait may not be very long. The venue for SWC1 was small. Anyone know how much bigger the Indy facility is?

3. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    The convention center is much larger than the facilities in Denver, plus the activities will be more spread out in different room and areas. Hopefully, this will prevent everyone from being jammed into just two buildings, like in Denver.

As far as when to arrive, it is hard to tell at this point because it has not been determined how many entrances there will be into the main exhibition hall. If they had entrances at all doors, there could be more than 15 or 20. But, realistically, that will not happen. As we get more information closer to CII, we will pass along.

Hope this helps...

4. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I didn't go to the first Celebration, but I can tell you after attending DragonCon this past year, that Cell phones and walkie talkies came in VERY handy to everyone there. There were many times our group would split up and cell phones were the best way to find one another. I exchanged cell phone numbers with some people from fanforce ahead of time to meet up later at the con, which turned out great.

Something to keep in mind. :)

5. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001

oh man, just reading what ya'll are talking about is making me soooooooo excited. i've been to a few comic conventions, but this is going to be the granddaddy for sure!

some of you mentioned bringing a bag for giveaways. i wasn't at the SWCI--what kinds of things did they give away? what is the blue nylon bag?

just curious--i love freebies! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.