main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advice needed on this

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Senator_Trell, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Trell

Senator_Trell Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2004
    Hi all, i've just started to create costumes, and was wondering if there was any Star Wars potential for this:

http://shop.joke.co.uk/epages/jokecouk.storefront/40f000ae00055d4e271bd5fd1be6060f/Product/View/11927?

I thought with a little modification it could pass as a Senator or Dark Jedi. What do you think?

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Looks OK, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thats a costume, what we tend to make is clothing. The difference? The choice of fabrics and the construction techniques for a start.

Most costumes are made to last for one or two days at most. Several conventions worth of wear and they will literally fall apart.

They also use a variety of artificial fabrics to save costs. They might look nice but they don't "breathe". What might be OK to wear on a cool night at the end of October will be a sweat factory at an event in July in the sunshine.

Not only do most of the people here try and recreate what was seen on screen they make them more practical. You don't need a small entourage of costume people assisting you to just put the thing on. The fabric choices take into account wearability and washability.

So if you remember that you want to wear clothing and not just a costume you are on the right path to making something you will enjoy, as well as looking good.

3. Senator_Trell

Senator_Trell Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2004
    Thanks for your response, i decided not to go with it cause it may not look it, but they're nylon, and i'm allergic to that, so i'm gonna try to put together a traditional Jedi style outfit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.